SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Filming my ride

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This product is similar to AEE and the china made version. ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-DV-DVR-Sports-Video-Camera-MD80-Spy-cam-30fps-DC-/270595105793

Bought and tested it. Nice and small but useless. video quality just average and poor at night. Can only watch videos only when u use ur pc to open the video files. Recording videos with a correct angle is a trial an error. Poor assembly result in 2 weeks of usage.

Thank you for the real world review, I had similar problems with other "cheap and useless" minicameras. In the end a Nokia E63 smartphone is superior in reliability and battery life.

I'm tempted to pick up a $190 DV camcorder with a lithium ion battery but unsure if I'd want to make such a big investment on a device used mainly for casual recording.

It's not like I'm producing HD content anyway.

Thank you for the real world review, I had similar problems with other "cheap and useless" minicameras. In the end a Nokia E63 smartphone is superior in reliability and battery life.

I'm tempted to pick up a $190 DV camcorder with a lithium ion battery but unsure if I'd want to make such a big investment on a device used mainly for casual recording.

It's not like I'm producing HD content anyway.

My E63 sucks compared to my cheap keychain cam. :angel:

No need invest on such an expensive DV camcorder lah. Just get a 2nd hand PnS camera, mount it on a gimble to your bike and you will have almost perfect video quality. Still can take pictures somemore.

Less than $100 la for 7mp and above nowadays.

Testing my new cheap cam. Quality is actually pretty decent. Jerkiness is due to my slow MSD card. Will probably try a new class 6 card.

And no thanks to youtube, compression was severely compromised. The original footage is much much better. Not bad for a $50 cam.

Mounting with Velcro. Works surprisingly well. :angel:

[yt]

[/yt]

[yt]

[/yt]

I know the place in No. 2 lol. More than decent for $50 - how's the battery life?

Now go do a track day and record it :D

LOL. :angel:

Battery life not that fantastic. About 2 - 2 1/2 hrs of recording time. As it is saved as AVI, file size is particularly huge. 30 mins of footage is about 1gb.

As you can see, the cam is unable to handle reflective surfaces well. But other than that, the quality is really good.

This cam has the same specs as muvi but at a fraction of the cost. :angel:

My concern is the lithium polymer battery. That type of battery hates one-shot discharge to empty and will lose capacity in a relatively short time, especially with that sort of filesize.

(That means secondhand camera = eww, don't buy, ever! Will regret it)

Optimal would be a sort of low resolution mode to save battery and extend the recording time; my target audience is youtube anyway!

Today's episode of road idiots brought to you by singaporebikes.com!

Sidenote. Tested cam with new 8gb class 6 micro sd. Very good results! No lag.

As usual, compression provided by youtube. hehe. :D

[yt]

[/yt]

ahahaha... Love it ! Excellent quality, loved the comments.. so very true !

Been riding for 3 months only and have seen already most of these cases - sad but it makes riding a fun experience. (later when you're home safe and sound and relaxed, because while riding, not so much..)

Pulsarians Singapore on Facebook:

The Page: http://fb.me/SingaporePulsarians For general news and info

The Group: http://fb.me/groups/pulsarianssg/ For all the interaction

between Pulsarians, maintenance tips, accessories, trips & meet-ups and of course live answers to all your questions !

I am using a GoPro helmet cam, and 4 GB Kingston SD card. But the quality is very bad.

I have a video, but it is horribly jerky, at times I can see that I was at the junction, but no movement, got sound, but no movement. Then the next scene is jumped to the main road already!

And it does that very very often. I can be looking at the still picture for a full min hearing the sound then suddenly I am already several streets farther down already! :(

Any advice?

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

I could test the GoPro thing - or at least I'm curious to have a look at it because some guys in the Thai bike forums are using that quite successfully.

My first take is that the memory is lagging tremendously during the recording - which might be saved by getting a faster and newer SD card. If it's internal memory then... uh oh.

My first take is that the memory is lagging tremendously during the recording - which might be saved by getting a faster and newer SD card. If it's internal memory then... uh oh.

This. Lag in recording is usually due to the write speed of your memory card. Don't bother buying those chiong and cheap memory cards. Their write speed are pathetic. Those are chiong and cheap for a reason. :angel:

Minimum at least a class 2. If can afford, class 4 and above. :angel:

Either that or your PC got problem decoding the video. Try some codecs.

Edited by Running_Man

• 3 weeks later...
Today's episode of road idiots brought to you by singaporebikes.com!

Sidenote. Tested cam with new 8gb class 6 micro sd. Very good results! No lag.

As usual, compression provided by youtube. hehe. :D

[yt]

[/yt]

OMG, this video is sooooo funny! Love the commentaries and the music! Really laughed a few times.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/382836949_9f10369d74.jpg

After experiencing so many close encounter being a "keep within speed limit" rider...I feel like filming my rides too.

But due to spending so much on the parts replacement on my bike, I'm on a tight budget. :cheeky:

Is there any recommended small size cameras costing under $100? :o

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

After experiencing so many close encounter being a "keep within speed limit" rider...I feel like filming my rides too.

But due to spending so much on the parts replacement on my bike, I'm on a tight budget. :cheeky:

Is there any recommended small size cameras costing under $100? :o

Hmmm you can try to see if Creative Vado older gen is selling. Under $100 you cant really get something that you want. Mabbe you wanna go to Sim Lim to try asking? They have some pin hole PEN cameras hahaha...

If not they you see if there are cheap camera phones that are selling. But i guess the speed cant really capture. You can try it out.

Nokia E63 quality is passable. With the way some of us buy and throw away phones I'm betting vashie can just reuse an existing phone or phone going to be thrown away.

If not, go to cash converters, get a used camera for cheap, buy new battery, buy $5 tripod from Mustafa and have fun like this:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGjHzChwAjM[/yt]

It's worth the investment (so long as you picked the right camera!) and quality is much better than the $0 option.

Anyone using iphone to record videos on the bike? Where can I get a waterproof mount for it?

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

Search for the BioLogic iPhone mount. So far, pureice68 (Phantom Knights) is using this successfully.

However, he has issues with not being able to extract big videos from the iphone... (341mb limit).

Sample video

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO9KlTF1sx4[/yt]

That was a short kopitiam convoy run.

Hmm, alright thanks for the heads up. Might wanna buy a small camera to record oso, but my video editing chui. Lol.

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[