SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Filming my ride

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice videos bernard, my favourite traffic junction and some all too common lorry driving!

--

I decided $75 on a low spec mini camera in garage sales was not worth it (the framerate is poor and the battery probably will go kaput in 1 month) I could devise a mounting for a $50 camera that records more than 300 minutes in one charge...

And I tested it on a recent local convoy.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O4I75Gucl0[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSzSgRyGD8o[/yt]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg6wHN8mbwo[/yt]

The 'vacuum cleaner' noise is the cold air intake.

There are just some issues with my computer not liking to edit mp4 files. Some of the frames got stuck due to that.

new camcorder out in market, muvi veho.

anyone tried it? real small. saw it at jurong point.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

hmm, i like small cameras, so can hide on my bike, no need take out.

anyway, saw the reviews on youtube.

DAMN! its quite good!!!!!!! and damn small somemore!!!!! 2 megapixel. 30fps, 1280x640

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

Vado looks good - and uses a LI-ON battery.

I used a LI-PO (lithium polymer) before and it's horrible because LI-PO does not like being discharged completely. When I got the 'flycamone' RC aircraft camera it was able to record 35 mins. Next week, 21, then 15, 7, 4 and now becomes useless lol.

However if you're able to get a not-bad handphone that you don't really wish to keep for long (like my Nokia E63) it can provide 'good enough' video without spending a few hundred bucks. And the battery life just pwns.

I intend to do a 'sunrise interception' this weekend and film the ride to changi and then bury the phone in the sand on the beach and let it record for a few hours. Put it on the PC, speed it up 50x or something for some neat time-lapse action.

Dangerous car driver kena F by rider ..

[yt]

[/yt]

Steady la... Nice one at hougang hahaha. I think i seen that Panal Van before. Damn knn chui cheng. But were you driving? your cam seems like got a bonnet infront :) Very clear vidz. Wat cam you use and wher you mount it?

Any cheapo below $100 ultra small video camera available for me to forever mount on the bike? No need too good resolution, more for if kena accident can have video evidence kind.

After reading today's straits times i think best to have one mounted on your bike. :confused:

We R One!

You may consider the Key Chain Camera being sold in Garage sales but I am not impressed with the battery and recording quality.

I have had far superior results with a decent, old model handphone with a big battery, such as the Nokia E63. Quite easy to mount with cable ties and 300+ mins recording time.

This was my lowest cost option at ... $0 (existing phone), because the next "decent" camera was a normal digicam at $200 or so minimum.

I don't like the minicams as they can't record for hour-long rides, and the battery... if you bought the rechargeable kind, won't last for more than a month of constant use.

Once again, most practical for marathon recording is a normal digicam (mount with tripod is the best) or a camera phone. IMHO.

Hi there, I'm using the idea of CCTV Tripod + L-Shaped Plate to the tank.

Tried and done putting the rubber washer on every joints. Any ways to reduce vibration?

Put a sponge double sided tape to the mic to reduce wind noise.

Currently using Shinco DigiCam (My Sister Item). It can record 320x240. Cannot change the setting to high frame rate per sec.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=171433&d=1262780355

Enrol 2B - - - - - - 02 Feb 09

NSR SP - - - - - - - 23 May 09

Life is full of choices.

Depending of which choice u made,

It will change ur fate/destiny.:pray:

This is how my Tripod looks like... Any ways to improve?

PICT0249.jpg

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=171433&d=1262780355

Life is full of choices.

Oh you bought that bracket. Looks great man. But of all the bolts why the one nearer to rider? Just wanna ask only. Cos you using so ask hahaha.

I take pic from my right handlebar :cheeky:, so its aiming toward the speedo.. hahax

Life is full of choices.

Nice mount!

But it may be prone to be a bit of vibration due to the flexing moment.

If you can get one of those powerful magnets like those on tank bags I'd attach one under the camera arm and link it to the top part of the mount so as to give you a triangular support of sorts to reduce flex.

In ascii currently the structure is like that

/

What you want is this to reduce flex

/\

The magnet and however way you connect it to the mount means no need to drill - cable tie or even very taut piece of string can work. The idea is not to mechanically secure it but 'preload' the structure to prevent flex. Or perhaps the weight of your camera gives it enough preload / inertia that it doesn't flex too much?

Alternatively get rid of the L bracket in the front, bend the attachment point of the mount so that it's completely vertical.

I hate open L brackets with a vengeance because they sway like crazy under load.

Even simpler? Tie piece of string to left side of frame, run it over the top of the camera mount, and tie to right side of frame. That will tamp down the whole mount and secure it mechanically.

Nice mount!

But it may be prone to be a bit of vibration due to the flexing moment.

If you can get one of those powerful magnets like those on tank bags I'd attach one under the camera arm and link it to the top part of the mount so as to give you a triangular support of sorts to reduce flex.

In ascii currently the structure is like that

/

What you want is this to reduce flex

/\

The magnet and however way you connect it to the mount means no need to drill - cable tie or even very taut piece of string can work. The idea is not to mechanically secure it but 'preload' the structure to prevent flex. Or perhaps the weight of your camera gives it enough preload / inertia that it doesn't flex too much?

Alternatively get rid of the L bracket in the front, bend the attachment point of the mount so that it's completely vertical.

I hate open L brackets with a vengeance because they sway like crazy under load.

Even simpler? Tie piece of string to left side of frame, run it over the top of the camera mount, and tie to right side of frame. That will tamp down the whole mount and secure it mechanically.

Yeah open L-Bracket swaying alot. if there is load on top of it, more swaying it have. If there is a (GREEN) triangle bracket should be better. It prevents vibration or sway

I thought of putting the (BLUE) suction cup with a Twine as replacing the \ .

I tried putting a (RED) rubber band from the bottom of the L bracket over to the camera and back to the mount, but wouldnt work. The problem that the L bracket would stress to the rear and break.

Under attachment :

RED = Rubber Band or Twine (Small Cotton Rope)

GREEN = Metal piece welded.

BLUE = Suction Cups with twine

"Alternatively get rid of the L bracket in the front, bend the attachment point of the mount so that it's completely vertical." This part i dun understand.

Untitled.jpg

Life is full of choices.

Last part - get rid of the L shape entirely. Make the mount a 1-2 inch high vertical bar.

|

Ie, lollipop.

Ouh... My tank the screw size is small, cant find the mount that small... lollipop, lol...:angel:

Life is full of choices.

Hmn.... screw the camera into the screw hole on your tank Lol....

Or do what we do and tie the camera onto the front brake reservoir on handlebar. Ultimate kopitiam engineering solution, as that place is really stable... Erm, provided there's no windscreen in the way.

Another way is to somehow replace the fragile L bracket with a triangular bracket.

Or DIY drill/bend an IU bracket..

Already tried mounting the Camera near the Brake Resevoir, but my Head Fairing disallows. Can't turn to the left.

My 1st attachment mount or the camera screw can't fit the tank screw, differ in size.

My 2nd attachment is when bending the IU bracket, there is gap. Unless there it's weld together.

My 3rd attachement is trying to drill a hole nearer to the stalk. RED is Drilled Holes, BLUE is New Holes. What do you tink?

Screw.jpg

IU.jpg

Drill.jpg

Life is full of choices.