SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Filming my ride

Nice video bro... everything clear. But using ur Sony Expensive Compact Camera in open wind..?:sian: Sand or maybe small rocks might hit the lense.

Aniway, why u doing pylon slalom in the middle of ur riding?

Hahaa, true I need to find a cheaper camera to film.

Cheers

Takecare

Ride Safe bro

Edited by nabil15

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E71 is easy to mount; make a little harness out of 2 cable ties then mount that onto anywhere you want. It's possible to position the ties so they don't depress the buttons.

Or get these 3M dual lock velcros.

http://www.3m.com/product/information/Dual-Lock-Reclosable-Fastener.html

I use these for my E71's GPS. I stick 2 strips behind my E71, another 2 strips on my bike. Finish riding just detach the phone from the bike. Plug and play. Super secure. Tested last year on 170km/h in JB. :angel:

Hey guys, had removed my previous two videos, too ensure new riders won't learn from my bad style of riding. Maybe you guys could give me more tips on improving and knowing to ride more safely.

Here to learn more, to protect myself and every other rider/driver out there (:

Prevent accidents from happening.

Let's all enjoy our rides everyday, every moment

Cheers guys

Ride and Drive Safely

Thanks man. Yup was horned hahaa, good to know more so I can improve riding style and be more road friendly as well as protect other riders too.

Shall try take videos without showing my face (:

what bike do you ride bro? Maybe we could go for a ride too and I can learn more from you (:

takecare And ride save to me first and to all my dear fellow riders out there

Ermmm dun learn from me la. Im not a very good or experience rider. I just ride a very normal bike

Hey guys, had removed my previous two videos, too ensure new riders won't learn from my bad style of riding. Maybe you guys could give me more tips on improving and knowing to ride more safely.

Here to learn more, to protect myself and every other rider/driver out there (:

Prevent accidents from happening.

Let's all enjoy our rides everyday, every moment

Cheers guys

Ride and Drive Safely

Its ok to put your vids you knw. :) Cheers.

Ermmm dun learn from me la. Im not a very good or experience rider. I just ride a very normal bike

Its ok to put your vids you knw. :) Cheers.

(:

Thanks bro, yup we all are here to always learn and improve, especially myself.

i went to check on the muvi veho's price already guys.

its 189 sgd.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

i went to check on the muvi veho's price already guys.

its 189 sgd.

http://www.gadgets.co.uk/item/MUVI/Veho-Muvi-Micro-DV-Camcorder.html

Good features and quality for the price, and the size!

But I'm very leery of the replacement battery costs, especially if it's an internal LI-PO battery of relatively small capacity. You could run one of those flat in a matter of months. Then lots of moolah for the new battery (or buy another).

LI-POs (lithium polymer batteries) don't like being run until shutdown. They will gradually lose the amount of charge they hold.

So the battery life will probably go like

3 hrs out of the box

2 hrs 50 min in August

2 hrs 30 min in October

2 hrs 15 in December...

And before long there's no resale value due to the flat battery.

So for bike recordings with a miniature camera, I'd prefer one that supports AA batteries so I could load up a whole bandolier of hi tech rechargeable batteries and reload on the fly. Pity they don't make cameras with D size batteries so I could look like a Vietnam War 40mm grenadier :p

Footage from one month ago, processed in Adobe Premiere for once.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkT6cvVr5iY[/yt]

u forgot to mention that tires range from VERY LOUSY quality to EXCELLENT ones. Not mention tire size differences as well as braking capabilities. All these play a big part in safety riding in the rain.

If a cub with sotong tires went as u did, gg..

There are huge differences riding on either spectrum.

Buy the best tires u can afford and ride as safely as possible - EXCELLENT tires also can skid on a hot afternoon, absolutely dry road with no sand/ dirt. just coz it never happen b4 doesn't mean wun happen, seen 1 too many cases.

and while we're at it, why not some people too?

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ieJ3_YbCYc[/yt]

nice vid, but would appreciate if u focus more on the safety aspects, given that there are lots of new riders surfing the forum - THAT last minute "swerving b4 horlan" along the eway is quite controversial.

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

But I'm very leery of the replacement battery costs, especially if it's an internal LI-PO battery of relatively small capacity. You could run one of those flat in a matter of months. Then lots of moolah for the new battery (or buy another).

LI-POs (lithium polymer batteries) don't like being run until shutdown. They will gradually lose the amount of charge they hold.

3 hrs out of the box

2 hrs 50 min in August

2 hrs 30 min in October

2 hrs 15 in December...

So for bike recordings with a miniature camera, I'd prefer one that supports AA batteries so I could load up a whole bandolier of hi tech rechargeable batteries and reload on the fly. Pity they don't make cameras with D size batteries so I could look like a Vietnam War 40mm grenadier :p

This product is similar to AEE and the china made version. ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-DV-DVR-Sports-Video-Camera-MD80-Spy-cam-30fps-DC-/270595105793

Bought and tested it. Nice and small but useless. video quality just average and poor at night. Can only watch videos only when u use ur pc to open the video files. Recording videos with a correct angle is a trial an error. Poor assembly result in 2 weeks of usage.

The Road-Sweeper

This product is similar to AEE and the china made version. ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-DV-DVR-Sports-Video-Camera-MD80-Spy-cam-30fps-DC-/270595105793

Bought and tested it. Nice and small but useless. video quality just average and poor at night. Can only watch videos only when u use ur pc to open the video files. Recording videos with a correct angle is a trial an error. Poor assembly result in 2 weeks of usage.

I think the Muvi is the metal body version, but at $189 it is still a rip off. However for the price, the quality is not too shabby.

The one you showed is the plastic body model. Can't take too much hard knocks. Bro, you can't expect something that cost $50 to have live view and good video quality. :angel:

3 hrs out of the box

2 hrs 50 min in August

2 hrs 30 min in October

2 hrs 15 in December...

thanks for the heads up, maybe i go ask the guy how much replacement batt cost and so on.

might as well get those super old school rectangular and big block looking one. you'll look like artillery.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

I think the Muvi is the metal body version, but at $189 it is still a rip off. However for the price, the quality is not too shabby.

The one you showed is the plastic body model. Can't take too much hard knocks. Bro, you can't expect something that cost $50 to have live view and good video quality. :angel:

yes u can. look harder in this thread. :cheeky:

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937