SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

obitrok

Selling my zards end cans for 848. Might fit other bikes. Pm me.

We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic cords of memory will swell when again touched as surely they will be by the better angels of our nature.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha don't suppose you have an LTA approved aftermarket exhaust with it that I could buy off you? :)

Hi Zer0, dont have approved exhausts though. You can still put it up on, but you gotta be game for the chase from our riders in white! :)

Haha don't suppose you have an LTA approved aftermarket exhaust with it that I could buy off you? :)

Hi Zer0, dont have approved exhausts though. You can still put it up on, but you gotta be game for the chase from our riders in white! :)

Yeh I have a spare set of Termis but I would rather try and do the right thing as far as I can and just keep these for the track and long rides. Annoyingly there are so many slipons that meet all US and EU standards but due to odd paperwork requirements it's really hard to do the right thing and enjoy looking after your bike here in SG sometimes.

Hi I just wanna ask if its advisable to get used parts. Just got into an accident and looking to cut costs. The bike shop (racewerks) says I should get first hand but so long as the used parts are in good condition then they are alright right?

Sent from my RM-821_apac_singapore_295 using Tapatalk

Hi I just wanna ask if its advisable to get used parts. Just got into an accident and looking to cut costs. The bike shop (racewerks) says I should get first hand but so long as the used parts are in good condition then they are alright right?

New parts as wat @racewerk advised is more practical...

New parts will serve u better in the long run compared to used one

Wat bike u riding, I have lots of OEM parts

Sorry Guys THE ORIGINAL GOLD is no longer suitable for display

THE ORIGINAL GOLD

Lnad Tparrsont Ahitotury take that _|_

Headbulb blew up..does Ducati uses standard OEM Bulb or isit interchangeable with other makes bulb? Which shop have spares for this any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. Standard bulb. What model are you riding? I got spare H4 n H11.

Riding monster1100 bro..

If your headlight casing model is same as 696 and 796 then the bulb is H7 for low beam and H1 for high beam.

Sent from my Game Boy Advance 32gb WiFi using Tapatalk now Free

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/douglas_yeo/Misc/ServerBZ.jpg

Bike parts sale -> http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/373436-WTS-CBR-600-Parts

Btw theres always seem to be intermittent headlight problem. When handlebar is in steering lock position, main light is on. When upright and during riding position, headlight turns off by itself. Did google, they told its a common problem with the relay near the fork area..

Btw theres always seem to be intermittent headlight problem. When handlebar is in steering lock position, main light is on. When upright and during riding position, headlight turns off by itself. Did google, they told its a common problem with the relay near the fork area..

Mine recently had the problem. But it was due to the headlight socket relay came loose. Initially I thought was the connector socket.

Sent from my Game Boy Advance 32gb WiFi using Tapatalk now Free

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/douglas_yeo/Misc/ServerBZ.jpg

Bike parts sale -> http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/373436-WTS-CBR-600-Parts

So anyone here has a street legal exhaust to fit 996/998/748 that they want to part with? I bought a set of GPR's but I'm struggling to get GPR to provide the last piece of paperwork "noise and emission test results". All the certificates etc are right so obviously they have run the tests they just seem to shut down and not respond when you ask for a copy though!

So sick of wasting time with it, I just want to buy some slip ons that come with the right paperwork.

If you are trying to legalize the GPR exhausts, I'm afraid you are either going to jump through hoop after hoop and then come to conclusion to finally abandon the project because you will meet people who are unwilling to go out of their way from both the manufacturer to the many people at LTA to help you. If you still have the stock exhausts for the bike (made by termignoni), you can core the muffler and still put retain the 'baffle' and it will immediately give you a more 'throaty' tone and lose some heat off the cans.

Even if its non wear parts like a triple tree clamp in good condition?

If you are sure that the used part has not been in a frontal collision then suffice to say it will be re-usable for your purpose. Good to know that you are still alright. Ride safe.

Has anybody got aftermarket rearsets to let go for e 848? Andd anynody knows if e sato racing rearsets for e 1098 would fit e 848?

Rearset mount points will not differ from bike to bike. 848/1098/1198 share the same frame so you are good to use a sato rearset from a 1098 on your 848. Ride in good health.

b3nn - Unfortunately so far you are mostly right. On one side the LTA have been really helpful except that they want me to provide excepts of noise and emission tests from the original homologation for the slip ons. This is a bizarre requirement as the bike will have to pass LTA noise and emissions tests as part of the post installation inspection anyway. Otherwise they were happy with all of the other documentation so that.

GPR themselves have unfortunately been completely unhelpful on all fronts. I have emailed and called and asked everyone I can and even offered to pay them for the time taken to make me an electronic or fax copy of the 2-3 pages that are relevant from the original homologation but they just refuse and then stop answering emails. According to the LTA the local distributor for GPR also hasn't submitted any exhausts under the current requirements either.

Do you know anyone who sells LTA approved aftermarket slip ons for a 998 here? I'm happy to buy, Arrow, Termi whatever either in Titanium or carbon. The stock exhausts are heavy and ugly and hold heat like nothing else and I just want to replace them with something nicer but I feel like I would be more productive banging my head on the wall these days.

Can I clarify something with you guys. My bike encounter low fuel light always on even I have top up full tank back. Ahbeng from Bikewerkz also help me to check on the wiring on the fuel sensor wire there and say no problem. His answer to me is the sensor is inside the fuel pump. The only way to solve the problem is change the whole fuel pump. Any other solution? if not i might need to buy a used good condition fuel pump to replace to get rid of the low fuel light issue.

Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10

Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11

Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13

Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/Nokikerenz/tumblr_lqgry8IqyI1qa8y9x.gif

Shake it~ sexy baby~

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/novablink/ducati2.jpg

I'm happy to buy, Arrow, Termi whatever either in Titanium or carbon. The stock exhausts are heavy and ugly and hold heat like nothing else and I just want to replace them with something nicer but I feel like I would be more productive banging my head on the wall these days.

You're going to be quite out of luck with the 998. When I had the 998 it was bought during the time when Ducati was not as popular as they are these days. They're renown but not as common as they are today, as such, the aftermarket exhaust options were few and very limited (legal). Also, back then the LTA/ROV were very lenient and did not care much for us as they are likely to encounter a winning 4D number than a Ducati. For the reasons mentioned, I see no need for the exhaust dealers to carry legal exhausts and/or attempt to legalize them.