SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

obitrok

Hi everyone. Am thinking to get a 848 08 model from excel that is in white green red paintwork. Anyone have idea how the bike is running? Cause I'm new to duc! Anyone can share what to check for when viewing the bike!?

I will reach for it no matter how high it is :cheeky:

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys,not sure if this is the right place but i guess...

I used to ride sports many yrs ago like RS125, CBR900, R1..etc

getting on age,i am looking into street bikes and starting to like the Monster and streetfighter.

I know i have to get the Ducati once in life to avoid regrets.

i saw the latest M821 and price seems attractive but i am open to other Monsters as well.

main concern is the dry and wet clutch.what is the pros and cons?

i prefer the dry actually as that is the trademark for Ducs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

4-Mountain Endurance Ride (NC Supported Event)

Singapore - KL - Bukit Tinggi - Genting Highlands - Fraser Hills - Cameron Highlands - Singapore

13 Feb

1500 Move off R&R Gelang Patah

1900 Check in Hotel (likely in Gombak, KL)

14 Feb

0800 Meetup with Malaysian Bikers (Gombak)

Breakfast at Lemang Tok Ki (Bentong)

Bukit Tinggi

Genting Highlands

Fraser Hills (Lunch)

Cameron Highlands (Tea)

Check in Cameron Dahlia Apartment

Free N Easy

Dinner, Certificate presentation

Karaoke

15 Feb

1000 Check out

Free Ride down Simpang Pulai

Lunch at Nasi Bamboo (Sungkai)

Free Ride

RNR Ulu Bernam

SG Bikers Ride back to Singapore

Est Costs: -

Est Distance - 1700km

13 Feb - SGD30 per pax

14-15 Feb - RM300 (Rider) RM200 (Pillion)

Covers food and lodging

2 T-shirts (1 long 1 short sleeve)

Certificate

Medic, tow & rescue team

Vehicle for luggage

Own petrol

Pillion not recommended for the ride

msg me for more info 91071410

Confirmation with Payment to be made by 15 January 2015.

ForBidDen 26

Wazzzup guys,

Pardon my ignorance.

I think these questions must have been posted here before but i'm not sure. Maybe moderators could put a sticky FAQ thread for noob like me.

i'm planning to get a Hypermotard SP on Dec 2015 (saving some $$$ now & need to wait another year b4 i can take my Class 2... Singapore.. what a b***h! :( )

Plan to use it as a daily ride. Maybe, just maybe i could be clocking, ard 1500KM-1700KM per month as a daily ride.

i understood that owning a Ducati have a high maintanence cost attached to it. So, before i make a "suicidal" financial commitment, i have some questions.

Questions:-

What does "high maintenance" actually means? If you don't mind sharing your monthly expenses/maintenance on the Ducati bike.

for example, is it frequency of oil change? servicing bike at dealer is expensive? need to change tyres frequently? using too much petrol? blah blah blah....

My current bike, i serviced it at workshop and it costs me maybe ard $50-$100 per month. Petrol another maybe $80-$90. Total,maybe ard $150-$250 for monthly maintenance/expenses.

Yes, i understand that it's subjected to each individual "style" of riding, mileage accumulated on the bike and hundreds of other permutation but if i can get some insight from a Ducati (especially a Hypermotard) owner, it will be great.

You could save a guy from selling his left testicle just to get a Ducati. hehehehe...

Again, Pardon my ignorance.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Saw a nice red 996 with carbon termi's at Holland Village the other day, don't see too many of these around any more and as a 998 owner they always catch my eye. Was it anyone on here?

I've got a red 998, I live just around the corner from Holland V though so I usually walk up there rather than riding up. If you live around the area drop me a pm, we can meet up for a coffee and compare bikes or something! Always fun to meet another Duc rider and take a look at another bike.