SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

obitrok

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, can i check with you all..

1) how often must we service ducati bikes?

2) must it be at minerva?

3) After 24,000 km servicing what is the next routine servicing?

Thanks!

Ducati is a delicate machine. Please follow the service interval closely

For older ducati (dry clutch models)

Minor service - 12000, 36000, 48000

Major service - 24000, 48000, 60000

For new ducati (wet clutch models)

Minor service - 15000, 45000, 60000

Major service - 30000, 60000, 75000

EO change varies to your preferences

I changed every 5000km

if the bike is still under warranty, either Minerva or RAMS

No warranty - Worx Motorsport, Tachyon Motor, Loois Motor

Thanks Doremi for your fast reply!

I am going to get a hypermotard 1100, due to 24,000km servicing. Not under warranty anymore.

1) Are the workshops listed down able to service Ducati? Because not sure if they are qualified to do a major servicing?

2) How much will major servicing cost and can don't do it at minerva or advisable to do there?

3) So after my 24,000km, the next servicing can be done at the next 5000km?

4) Minor servicing is the normal spark plugs and EO change? How much will it cost?

I am afraid of the running cost because alot of people say it will be very EX!

Yes. Ducati parts are ex. minor servicing are pretty ok. On par with most class 2 bikes. The heftier is the major servicing. Minerva labour is charged at half hourly rate too. That will also add up to the cost.

The bike shops I listed can handle ducati. But ain't cheap either.

To be honest, if ducati is going to be your one n only transport bike n maintainence is one of your concern. I will advise you to get other brands instead. in addition, ducati electrical is rather sensitive too

Hi Doremi, thanks for your reply.

I have a transport bike, the ducati is gonna be once in awhile i will use it type of bike.

I have called up Worx and they quoted me around the same price as Minerva for the 24,000km servicing. May i know what is the difference then? Because both are about the same price for that servicing.

One more question, do you recommend doing at Worx?

And regular normal servicing is every 5000 km / 4 months i suppose? Is there anything else that i will need to do?

Hi ianpuff, do set aside some spare cash first before deciding to get a duc.

If unlucky something spoil its gonna cost you especially the electrical stuff.

Some other things you might want to take note is the dry clutch .____.

Even if you use once in awhile its more likely to end up in workshop?

And if the price for that servicing around the same, go to the agent then.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e291/zhifong/bike7-1.jpg

Hi! Thanks for the input. What do you mean by the electrical stuffs? Will spoil easily?

I thought ducati is well known for their dry clutch? In your opinion it is not going to last?

Also, the bike which i am eyeing on is hypermotard 1100. Old model 08'.

Any inputs on that? Clutch and electrical systems not going to last long?

Still undecided on getting it..

Yes. Ducati is well known for dry clutch. One cool factor. But as it is running on high rpm without any lubricant. Unlike the wet clutch whereby they are bath in engine oil. That is why the service interval of the dry clutch ducati is a little more frequent than the Japanese bikes.

Electrical circuitry is fine. Just that ducati is afraid of water. Don't use jet gun to wash the bike. Also avoid doing any modification that required wires to be sliced.

Ducati bikes are "superbikes" equivalent to supercars such as Ferrari and Lamborghini. If you are going to clock high mileage, you have to be prepared that ownership costs are going to even outstrip the bike's cost in the long run. It's a beast you own with your heart. Not with your mind. If you think with your mind, it just doesn't make any economic sense.

Which is why need to service every 5,000km?

Ok, will take note of that. Thanks for the info!

The fuel consumption and tank is also another issue.. I heard it can go until 140km before reserve light comes on and can only go for another 25km before running out of fuel. Is that really true? Like that will need to visit petrol station alot already. Fuel consumption so high!

Hypermotard is 12.4 litres tank. The reserve will light up between 140 to 160. Full tank is 200km. Better top up petrol @ 180km. It is not high consumption. Just that the fuel tank is small.

Every 5000km to change engine oil. You can ignore it n change engine oil to your own preference. Some do at 3000km as they track the bike. Some do at 6000km. it varies.

Hi Doremi, thanks for your reply.

I have a transport bike, the ducati is gonna be once in awhile i will use it type of bike.

I have called up Worx and they quoted me around the same price as Minerva for the 24,000km servicing. May i know what is the difference then? Because both are about the same price for that servicing.

One more question, do you recommend doing at Worx?

And regular normal servicing is every 5000 km / 4 months i suppose? Is there anything else that i will need to do?

Also do wait until the 'spanner' service icon appear before sending in the bike for your 24k servicing.

If your mileage is 24k.

Some ppl just ignore and wait until the next 36k servicing.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt96/douglas_yeo/Misc/ServerBZ.jpg

Bike parts sale -> http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/373436-WTS-CBR-600-Parts

BTW, can ducati bikes last for 10 years?

I mean, because its a high performance yet delicate machine that needs TLC. The wear and tear is also very fast!

My Ducati 998 is a 2002 model and still runs like new, starts instantly every morning, handles great.

They are pretty much the same as any other class 2 bike here, parts may cost you a little more but wear and tear parts like oil, plugs, filters etc are all pretty similar.

With the dry clutch, how long the plates last depends on how you use the bike, the more you slip the clutch (like stop start traffic all the time) the quicker they will wear out. On the up side a new pack of clutch plates is like $300 and you can easily source them from the US by ebay or online retailers as well and then it's nice and quick to replace.

Ducatis are generally well laid out bikes that are easy to work on and there are plenty of shops around in Singapore that can handle them.

You will want to replace the belts and check the valve clearances every 24 months and if you don't have a service history with the bike I would recommend getting the shop to do this before you pick the bike up, then you know when they were last changed. This is probably the area where they are a bit more expensive than a Japanese class 2 bike but at the same time valve clearance check and adjustment on a GSXR1000 or similar with also be expensive and should really be done just as often if you want to maintain your bike over the long term.

There are also aftermarket tanks available for the Hypermotard that increase the capacity and look pretty much like standard, just google it and you will find some options if you need them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Been a really long time. Have been contemplating for many months now and finally decided to get a 848. Was too late in catching platecnc's 848 with akra I thought that was a really great deal. Now am just waiting for the next good deal. However I really like the colour combi of the 2013 model.

1. Any bros here know how many 2013 Evo Corse SE (Black paintwork, red trellis frame) OTR?

2. Anyone with one and wanna sell?

Am looking for one, immaculately maintained, and pref already accessorized. I know its a long shot but thought i'll try.

160207 - 170407: Honda NSR SP150

230507 - 140807: Aprilia RS125 '99

300712 - 290113: Ducati Monster 400 '02

050213 - 190413: Honda CBR 400RR '96

090413 - Present: BMW 316i '12

Why fear the silence when it's already so noisy - Gj

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi All....

Newbie 848 rider here...... Still trying to learn more about the bike....

One thing for sure, it heat up pretty fast.....

Any suggestion on how to reduce the heat ? 😰

A pebble in the water makes a ripple effect , every action in this world will bear a consequence