SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

obitrok

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're going to be quite out of luck with the 998. When I had the 998 it was bought during the time when Ducati was not as popular as they are these days. They're renown but not as common as they are today, as such, the aftermarket exhaust options were few and very limited (legal). Also, back then the LTA/ROV were very lenient and did not care much for us as they are likely to encounter a winning 4D number than a Ducati. For the reasons mentioned, I see no need for the exhaust dealers to carry legal exhausts and/or attempt to legalize them.

So far the most annoying thing is GPR have a fully homologated system with all the European approvals and compliance, even for Germany which is super strict. They provide all the certificates and everything matches up with the numbers stamped on the bike but the LTA want an except from the original homologation test report and GPR won't provide it as the certificate already states their compliance so there is no need.

So annoying feel like I am running round in circles. The emission and noise levels for the Euro certification are in line with SGP so if it has the cert for Euro that means that at the absolute worst those results are the max stated by the standard which would make the slip ons compliant.

This is why people end up using unapproved exhausts as even when you have an owner with the best intentions, with no problem paying extra even to do the right thing you just end up jumping through hoops and banging your head on the wall until you give up.

Very frustrating.

So on another topic entirely, does anyone know a good service who will come and wash the bike at your carpark and do a good job washing, cleaning and polishing?

I'd like to get someone to come once a month and give the bike a thorough clean but I want it done properly and with quality products only.

So on another topic entirely, does anyone know a good service who will come and wash the bike at your carpark and do a good job washing, cleaning and polishing?

I'd like to get someone to come once a month and give the bike a thorough clean but I want it done properly and with quality products only.

I'm interested of such service as well.

Question: How long does a aftermarket Clutch Plate Kit can last and compare to OEM Clutch Plate Kit. Heard that aftermarket can last about 1year at most and OEM can last around 2 year. I used Barnett Clutch Plate Kit for almost 1 year end up now wear and tear already. Anyone know?

Aprilia RS125 '01 FT2630S - Mar 08 ~ Mar 10

Yamaha YZF R6 '03 FW3991C - Mar 10 ~ Aug 11

Honda VTR1000 SP1 '00 FS4115E - Jan 11 ~ Mar 13

Ducati 749S '04 FX***** - Mar 13 ~ Present

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/Nokikerenz/tumblr_lqgry8IqyI1qa8y9x.gif

Shake it~ sexy baby~

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/novablink/ducati2.jpg

It's not a question of how many years, it's more related to the klms travelled and the way you use the clutch. If you slip the clutch a lot, say riding in stop start traffic it will wear out faster than if you are mostly on the highway. With a dry clutch when you slip the clutch it is actually wearing away metal from the edges of the plates each time.

I ordered a EVR 48 tooth basket and plate set from motowheels.com and they are great, quieter than the standard ones due to the much higher number of teeth.

I have don't do a lot of kms but I ride in traffic most days and it is really good for that. I have no idea how long it will last for but it should be the same or a bit longer than a set of stock oem plates.

my previous job usually i ride daily on highway. now my job at clark quay area and i travel by small road, meeting traffic always. So move and stop alot. Is that the reason i always clutch in and out will cause my clutch plate to be worn out? Estimated From July-13 till Jun-14 i think i only clock not more than 8000km only and my clutch plate wear and tear...

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff517/Nokikerenz/tumblr_lqgry8IqyI1qa8y9x.gif

Shake it~ sexy baby~

Well 8k kms seems a bit of a short life for plates, I think the recommended shedule to replace them is 20k or something? They will definitely wear faster with lots of stop / start riding as you are continually slipping the clutch. You'll notice that they will get much louder as they wear as well.

I also work around Clarke Quay these days, have to avoid peak hour in and out to get a decent ride.

Hi all, looking for aftermarket termi or akra or other makes exhaust for my monster 1100 2009 underseat model.. Both illegal and legal welcome.. Pm me if u are selling.. 696 or 796 exhaust also can.. Fits in well with 1100 model.. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well 8k kms seems a bit of a short life for plates, I think the recommended shedule to replace them is 20k or something? They will definitely wear faster with lots of stop / start riding as you are continually slipping the clutch. You'll notice that they will get much louder as they wear as well.

I also work around Clarke Quay these days, have to avoid peak hour in and out to get a decent ride.

Icic, i working at MOM. i travel from bendemeer through the main road to there rather than enter by CTE as you know the havelock ERP quite expensive compare to bugis ERP. I still waiting for my OEM plate to arrive as yesterday i just ordered from Ebay for $400. Bikeshop quote me $700 if order from Ducati Agent side. Usually i stop and move due to the traffic light, so far i didn't encounter much for slowing down alot because of the traffic crowd.

Shake it~ sexy baby~

Hi all sorry to hijack this thread. I'm dekitting my underutilized 848 with the following parts for sale.

1. Akrapovic carbon exhaust LTA legal - 1688

2. BST carbon wheels - 2988

3. Ohlins ttx rear shock -888

4. Lightech rearsets - 398

All items still on bike. Bike mileage is under 8000kms, if anyone interested in the bike can also let me know. Don't bother to lowball. Pm if interested. Thanks a lot.

Anyone know what is the diameter for 1098 oem front fork? is it 43mm?

I had a fall and my clips on handlebar dented.

2004 - 2006: Kawasaki KR150

2006 - 2007: Honda NC35 RVF / Yamaha X1

2007 - 2011: Honda CBR600RR

2011 - Present: Ducati 1098

Anyone know what is the diameter for 1098 oem front fork? is it 43mm?

I had a fall and my clips on handlebar dented.

2004 - 2006: Kawasaki KR150

2006 - 2007: Honda NC35 RVF / Yamaha X1

2007 - 2011: Honda CBR600RR

2011 - Present: Ducati 1098

• 2 weeks later...