SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1ders

Aie

i dun think backfirings are the cause of my valves though since i dun have back fire problems.. while u said trackers burn their valves n need to change 16 of them, my bike's issue here is definately not the same n i dunno how accurate but i was told the other 8 output valves can last longer then the other 8 thus u dun always need to cahnge all tgt so wheres the weird part? and i really dunno how it got dmg. enlighten me?

ok lets put it this way ... an old R1 lets say example Aie , riding a 02 model that has very high milage as he uses it for transport and also occasionally wacking. His bike may have exceeded 100k clocked on the meter but he takes care of it very well. Uses the best engine oil available and changes the oil filter every 5k when he changes the engine oil.

another new rider lets say Pie, riding a 08 model that is still quite new that has very little milage cause he may have a side bike for transport and R1 for weekend ride only. His milage maybe only less than 20k clocked on the meter.

1) Pie wacked hs bike very hard till above 260km/h everytime he hit NSHW. As his is a weekend bike, he changes his engine oil every 5k but oil filter at 10k cause he was told and he read that oil filter could last for about 10k or more. ( i considered this poor maintenance as he rode his bike hard but oil filter did not change frequently )

2) Pie seldom rode his bike but he love to play backfiring cause its fun and thats what causes the fast wear and tear on the bike.

For japanese bikes, they are meant to last long and had been tested and proven to last compared to other makes of bikes. Wear and tear should be together which as what u quote, the input valves are made of titanium and therefore wears faster than other 8 valves but how come in your case its not all 8 of them? IF there are just 5 input valves that needs to change but yet the rest do not need, there could be a problem with the flow of the engine oil that causes faster wear and tear.

Thats what i meant.

What say u :angel:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok lets put it this way ... an old R1 lets say example Aie , riding a 02 model that has very high milage as he uses it for transport and also occasionally wacking. His bike may have exceeded 100k clocked on the meter but he takes care of it very well. Uses the best engine oil available and changes the oil filter every 5k when he changes the engine oil.

another new rider lets say Pie, riding a 08 model that is still quite new that has very little milage cause he may have a side bike for transport and R1 for weekend ride only. His milage maybe only less than 20k clocked on the meter.

1) Pie wacked hs bike very hard till above 260km/h everytime he hit NSHW. As his is a weekend bike, he changes his engine oil every 5k but oil filter at 10k cause he was told and he read that oil filter could last for about 10k or more. ( i considered this poor maintenance as he rode his bike hard but oil filter did not change frequently )

2) Pie seldom rode his bike but he love to play backfiring cause its fun and thats what causes the fast wear and tear on the bike.

For japanese bikes, they are meant to last long and had been tested and proven to last compared to other makes of bikes. Wear and tear should be together which as what u quote, the input valves are made of titanium and therefore wears faster than other 8 valves but how come in your case its not all 8 of them? IF there are just 5 input valves that needs to change but yet the rest do not need, there could be a problem with the flow of the engine oil that causes faster wear and tear.

Thats what i meant.

engine oil? okok i'll take note.

btw i use 300v only n change every 4500km.

but i haven even clock half of 4500 kana already,

i'm really in luck man!! wooo!

Straight road tells between the Rich and the Poor.

Corners shows who is the man and the boy.

I'm a boy !

attention rex....

when we can collect our shirt? pls state the date here. cause that will be the cause of a outing with everyone wearing the same shirt roaring on the streets.

fufu u stay east side??

Guys we need help to ferry the POLO Tees from Parsir Ris to "Meet-up point"....

please not during theses dates i not in SG 17th - 28th Jun... Thanks

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j440/fly24leo/SBF.jpg

engine oil? okok i'll take note.

btw i use 300v only n change every 4500km.

but i haven even clock half of 4500 kana already,

i'm really in luck man!! wooo!

no not just engine oil, the oil filter as well ... seems like your previous owner did not maintain it well enough and u got all the ****

Hi guys, just order our polo tees.

Bad news is that it will take about 3 weeks for them to be ready as we have 35 polo tees instead of 20 So will be longer for them to do..

I have ask them to do asap if can. So I really hope is done asap.

Let's wait this 3 weeks haha.

attention rex....

when we can collect our shirt? pls state the date here. cause that will be the cause of a outing with everyone wearing the same shirt roaring on the streets.

Hello Mr FuFU. they say take 3 weeks lor. sian. cos we have 35 polo tee. haha..

As for the collection of shirt. when i have collected the shirts from the shop. mostly will put on the friday nite of that week. I may need some people help to ferry the polo tee from pasir ris to whereever we meeting. so i no need drive there put there then drive home, change bike. so troublesome hehe. i know FLy24 is a kind soul who already wish to help me out. any more takers :p HAHAHA....

As for the OUTing. I also can't wait man! OMG if all of us wear it and ride WOW. SUPER STYLE HAHA.. must take PHOTO man! lol but the outing u all wan to plan on the same date as collection of polo tee? or what haha

And i Guess maybe we have to ride to yishun DAM? HAHA Orachard? dunno leh. u guys give some suggestion on where we should ride on that day :p haha

Edited by Aie

Honda NSR SP150- FP 564* Z - Since 26 Sep 07 - 09 june 09

Suzuki GSR 400- FBB 753* K -Since 03/ 06 / 09 - 11/03/11

Yamaha R1 08- FBC 19** T - till 00 Apr 2012

kawasaki Versys 650

Hi guys, just order our polo tees.

Bad news is that it will take about 3 weeks for them to be ready as we have 35 polo tees instead of 20 So will be longer for them to do..

I have ask them to do asap if can. So I really hope is done asap.

Let's wait this 3 weeks haha.

YEAH!!!.....

just nice i come back 3weeks later.....

http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j440/fly24leo/SBF.jpg

no not just engine oil, the oil filter as well ... seems like your previous owner did not maintain it well enough and u got all the ****

Ya Bo bian. Army teach us.. LAN LAN suck thumb..

I seldom ride, low milage, never wack hard the bike....but still end up kena buanged by stupid car....L plate one some more....really sway to the max...:sian:

Got 1 time i riding company bike then returning to outlet

A female driver driving red colour honda fit almost hit me when turning out

She miss by 5cm only I think. My leg was super close to her front bumper..

After tat I was super furious! Like wan kill de driver Liao. Then I look up!!

Wah super. Chio bu. She keep saying sorry lol. But tat time round I wish I was

Hit by her!! Wahahaa

I'm a boy !

kaii if u been hit then simple. Ask claim n date her out till u fully recover n get ur bike. Make her feel the pain of forking out $$$.

I still can wait. Nevermind. 3week is nutink. Time now really fast dude.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3487/3316074269_1d51b46f97.jpg

R u Looking At The Babe Or The Bike o_O

Thats what i meant.

ok let me check with the mech regarding my other valves. thanks

-FuFu-Past & current rides-FuFu-

2003-2003 Honda NSR 150 SP

2004-2006 16 Tons Touring bus

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2008-2011 Yamaha YZF R1"08 model

2011-.... 1098

2007 - .... My dream bike NSR 500!

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg

yes fully recovered for about a month already ... minor injury thats all :) waiting for armpit to organise something for us :angel:

frankly speaking i disagree with u in this area ... problems are created by riders due to poor maintenance ... your valve problems are cause by excess backfiring by either yourself or whatever previous records because its only 8 valves and not all the valves ... if its wear and tear, all the valves should change together at 1 shot ...

What is excess backfiring ??

mr guru, y when sudden throttle the valve vibrates so much and so loud? last time not so loud one :?:

I had a issue with my clutch plates in my old bike, the valve motor has issues as well. Not sure if R1 has these similar issues

Edited by Aie

Got 1 time i riding company bike then returning to outlet

A female driver driving red colour honda fit almost hit me when turning out

She miss by 5cm only I think. My leg was super close to her front bumper..

After tat I was super furious! Like wan kill de driver Liao. Then I look up!!

Wah super. Chio bu. She keep saying sorry lol. But tat time round I wish I was

Hit by her!! Wahahaa

One word. Tiko... :lol:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

What is excess backfiring ??

it is cause by

1) rider made. think u may know or heard of some bikers who love to do backfiring purposely for the fun of it to "scare" other road users

2) mods to your bike. one common example is like u change your end can or full system but it was not dyno-jetted for carb or mapped for EFI system.

u are most welcome bro

Haha front 8 titanium r more easy to wear and tear than de rear ..

kaii if u been hit then simple. Ask claim n date her out till u fully recover n get ur bike. Make her feel the pain of forking out $$$.

I still can wait. Nevermind. 3week is nutink. Time now really fast dude.

No need claim her la company bike

Ask her take care of me can Liao. Then I can driver her car

And ride her as well!! Wahaha too bad over Liao nv tio bang. Hais

One word. Tiko... :lol:

Man not tiko die Liao.. Really..

Coffee shop de beer girl no job

Pub can close down

Club can close down

Geylang can close down

Cheepo hotel can close down

Hahaha so must be tiko!!!

Edited by Aie

I'm a boy !

Haha front 8 titanium r more easy to wear and tear than de rear ..

wow thanks mr guru for telling me this! :D

i just called and ask the mech to change the remaining ones too since already open up might as well change everything.

Man not tiko die Liao.. Really..

Coffee shop de beer girl no job

Pub can close down

Club can close down

Geylang can close down

Cheepo hotel can close down

Hahaha so must be tiko!!!

i jio u i think u also dun dare go with me

Edited by Aie

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2011-.... 1098

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh312/qingfu/305144_1865766182720_1797992398_1266312_2076601502_n-1.jpg

How much he charge u??

wow thanks mr guru for telling me this! :D

i just called and ask the mech to change the remaining ones too since already open up might as well change everything.

i jio u i think u also dun dare go with me

Dare why don dare. Go geylang ar?

I'm a boy !

How much he charge u??

Dare why don dare. Go geylang ar?

i dunno he never tell me prolly around 2k plus ba total

which part of geylang u know? haha the normal fish tank one ah? :cheeky:

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2011-.... 1098

i dunno he never tell me prolly around 2k plus ba total

which part of geylang u know? haha the normal fish tank one ah? :cheeky:

Fish tank ok nia la

Go website de lo. Haha

Edited by Aie

I'm a boy !

Thanks Leon, Tiny & Wengz! for the reply on the tires, will do some research on them.

Went down to Motor World today to get a visor for my HJC helm, was talking to the dude there and he was recommending Pirelli Corsa 2 i think for $420 plus installation.

Then planet motor, says Michelin Pilot... which i intend to bring my bike there to service, as i read so many good things about them =)

Thanks Leon, Tiny & Wengz! for the reply on the tires, will do some research on them.

Went down to Motor World today to get a visor for my HJC helm, was talking to the dude there and he was recommending Pirelli Corsa 2 i think for $420 plus installation.

Then planet motor, says Michelin Pilot... which i intend to bring my bike there to service, as i read so many good things about them =)

Corsa 2 not bad

But I wan try power pure

003 , k2 and m5 see which 1 better then stick to it liao

I'm a boy !

Corsa 2 not bad

But I wan try power pure

003 , k2 and m5 see which 1 better then stick to it liao

then when can u tell me which one is the best .. i have to wait for how long!

2004-2008 Honda RVF

2011-.... 1098

anyone knows which shop is good for doing setting of front suspension and rear to be adjust to my weight.cos right now my front is too hard i guess. btw my rear is ohlins. so where ar?

i heard bikelab is good is it? wonderig how much will it cost?

Edited by WaRRioR83

Honda NSR SP150- FP 564* Z - Since 26 Sep 07 - 09 june 09

Suzuki GSR 400- FBB 753* K -Since 03/ 06 / 09 - 11/03/11

Yamaha R1 08- FBC 19** T - till 00 Apr 2012

kawasaki Versys 650