SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys~

ask ur something..spockets...for eg,my current spocket size rear 42,if lets say,i change to 45..will there be any differences in term pick up,drop gear den accelerate and topend? Will be the engine be working extra hard den?

Den ah,now i am facing some problems with my bike...when stationary,in gear 1,going to move off that time,i feel a drop of torque for a second,then the bike pick up? whats wrong ah?

Another problem is when my bike is travelling quite a distance in sunny days,when the engine is hot,i feel that my bike like no power like that,throttle more to pick up and it need to take sometime,for eg few seconds,to response. Is this normal?

The above problem do not only happen in sunny days,sometimes when i travelling at a maintain speed...like i wanna pick up a bit,i nv drop gear,just throttle more only,the bike too need to take sometimes to response..is this normal again?

Currently,i had service the following items.

-carbuettor

-k&n

-clutch plates

only sparks plug been using for a long time,since last year dec,till now haven change. cos i believe life span of sparks plugs is around 10,000km ba.

Btw,i would like to ask again,who like to meet up and talk abt our bikes stuff and so on..servicing of bikes,cosmetics,accessories..etc..if anyone wanna let me know at HP 94571641,name Yongshun. k..

Jarret - did u happen to be hougang last night?? cos last night i saw one bike quite identical to urs,happen to see bcos the exhaust sounds like micron lor..lolz..so take a peep from my flat..btw are u a malay?

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/60/26/3556206/36972573356419l.jpg

Things i had addon : Belly pan,Fork Brace,Voltage Stablizer(PowerMax2),Micron Legal Exhuast,AutoGauge Voltmeter,OKADA Crowling

Things i had changed : Red Handle Bar,Paintjob,Seat rewrap,Dunlop GPR70 tyres,Magnetic Coil,Clutch Plates,Valves Clearence and Timing chain,Front & Rear wheel bearings,Front fork service,carbon fibre mirror,carbon fibre brake & clutch level,K&N air filter,Gazi Rear Suspension

Things yet done : Front & Rear Number Plate(Yellow Base and Black Alphanumeric),Rim Respray,Rear Suspension Service,Chain and Spockets,3points Crashbar,Rear Hugger(arrow),Brake Calipers Respray,Side Stand,Front Wheel Brake Pad,Lizard Skin for Brake Lining and Rear Suspension Springs

Still Considering : Pro Taper Handle Bar,Rear Suspension Riser,Givi Rack and Box,Spec 1 or 3 Tail Board,Modify Header,Digital Meter,Clear Headlight(Spec3)

ver s can use 160 tires but use at ur own risk. make sure u check the pressure often. 160 tires look gd at the start but once u use them, slowly u will feel that ur back tire is becoming more square cos the sides no really used.

maybe the non-vtec can have a DIY session or coffee session to discuss more bout our non-vtec machines...

Life Is Never Fair.

Some pple slog for the paper in their wallet.

Some slog to feed the paper to the pple w/o the wallet.

ALERT RED!!!

bros and sisters...

pls be alert when riding on the road today...

just now on my way back home from work, 7.15am, saw a few TPs...

be careful when riding on the road today...

DON'T SPEED!!! :giddy:

AMKS4 Riders, Gathering S4 Riders of our Tomato Land

- My current ride, Honda CB 400 Super 4 Hyper VTEC. More pictures @ friendster.com/s4vtec -

http://photos-566.friendster.com/e1/photos/66/56/31526566/1_265855588l.jpg

- Feel free to contact Thomas aka s4vtec @ 969-11-787 should you have any questions about your S4. -

Originally posted by s4vtec@Aug 19 2006, 07:45 AM

ALERT RED!!!

bros and sisters...

pls be alert when riding on the road today...

just now on my way back home from work, 7.15am, saw a few TPs...

be careful when riding on the road today...

DON'T SPEED!!! :giddy:

Maybe the TPs go touring together2 lah. hehehe.

Bro superpig4, maybe I guessed you should go and change the spark plug. maybe thats the problem.

Btw, if anyone has a soft copy of the VER S manual maybe can download or something :cheeky:

Honda Rebel 125 (Rebeliah) 2004-2006

Super 4 Ver S (Sephia) 2006-

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d23/salleh_/S4MHondaman.jpg

Originally posted by WingZer0@Aug 18 2006, 03:19 PM

bro u got soft or hard copy of the service manual?

softcopy in cd-rom form, bought online from sbf.....

do a search sure can find. :smile:

Current P200 setup: Sinnob Sproc[15, 39], NGK platinum plug with spark booster, V3 racing coil, cheetah CDI[dual mode], broquet B2, DIY oiler, hazard light, DIY gnding, PE28[pj-38, mj-120], open pod filter

Originally posted by lindavw@Aug 19 2006, 03:03 AM

ver s can use 160 tires but use at ur own risk. make sure u check the pressure often. 160 tires look gd at the start but once u use them, slowly u will feel that ur back tire is becoming more square cos the sides no really used.

maybe the non-vtec can have a DIY session or coffee session to discuss more bout our non-vtec machines...

agreed....

mi jus downgrade from 150 back to 140....

unless u play corner, 140 is sufficent

who gg to start e coffee session? or diy session even better....

Current P200 setup: Sinnob Sproc[15, 39], NGK platinum plug with spark booster, V3 racing coil, cheetah CDI[dual mode], broquet B2, DIY oiler, hazard light, DIY gnding, PE28[pj-38, mj-120], open pod filter

hi ppl...today was a sad day for me..

went track..hit 180km/h enter corner den i fell down on turn 2..now my bike..:cry: fuel tank kana scratch...micron kana scratch..broke my mirror...balancer flys again..crash bar chui..radiator also scratch..engine casing also scratch...so sad..:cry: :cry: gonna take some time to polish it back again...haiz..

Btw..today just whack my bike on straight road,bcos just remove power cut last month and was trying to hit max red line but to my disappointment,the power cut removed liao like nv remove le..when my bike reach 13krpm,it shutters and hit back..canot go beyond that..anybody here whom have remove powercut manage to hit above 13k rpm?? regardless top gear or not...then now i feel..the tire not balance at the size of 110/70,150/60 le...i let down the air pressure today before i hit track..to my disappoint,the rear canot go to its max as the front already hit max...turn the handle a bit while cornering,nearly fall a few times..cos no grip on the front tire..

wa..i finally heard got ppl say wanna go coffee session liao le..been asking for such a long time le..

Things i had addon : Belly pan,Fork Brace,Voltage Stablizer(PowerMax2),Micron Legal Exhuast,AutoGauge Voltmeter,OKADA Crowling

Things i had changed : Red Handle Bar,Paintjob,Seat rewrap,Dunlop GPR70 tyres,Magnetic Coil,Clutch Plates,Valves Clearence and Timing chain,Front & Rear wheel bearings,Front fork service,carbon fibre mirror,carbon fibre brake & clutch level,K&N air filter,Gazi Rear Suspension

Things yet done : Front & Rear Number Plate(Yellow Base and Black Alphanumeric),Rim Respray,Rear Suspension Service,Chain and Spockets,3points Crashbar,Rear Hugger(arrow),Brake Calipers Respray,Side Stand,Front Wheel Brake Pad,Lizard Skin for Brake Lining and Rear Suspension Springs

Still Considering : Pro Taper Handle Bar,Rear Suspension Riser,Givi Rack and Box,Spec 1 or 3 Tail Board,Modify Header,Digital Meter,Clear Headlight(Spec3)

bro superpig4

den u ok or not...?

bike spoilt got money can repair, but our limb broke sometime got money oso cant recover fully....

health is more impt den machine.

BTW i oso removed my pow cut.... for mi i hav to down 2 gear to pass 14k.... u try at neutral gear open throttle see can shoot pass 13k....

For sprockets, must trial and error. Best combi would be your RPM is about 1k below redline and you reach your top speed in top gear. So far tried with 45 and can reach.

My bike the flatspot very jialat sia. Its between 6k - 7k rpm. Once clear 7k rpm the bike will respond well to twitching of the throttle. Should I get my mech to check my plugs first and see if my plug cables are working well? Also, wats the cost of rectifier and CDI? Rectifier can use V-tec rectifier?

So far, my tyres I manage to use them evenly. Its just that now I really need a pair of replacement rear shocks. Yesterday almost buang at PIE near Bt Timah towards Jurong at the uphill corner... Scary.

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

hi guys!!

cookie_monster & edyz - thanks for ur concerns dudes,i am ok,only had a minor sprained at my right arm..recovering liao...so :cry: my precious bike canot recover by itself...i still canot get over it..see my bike.. so so :cry:

Fazli - wa..spockets trial and error means alot of money going to involve le bro,btw..i think most of the common size spockets can reach top speed one ba..now i know wat u mean "shutter" early on u had mentioned..so its flat spot u wanna explained..me had this problem too but not persistant le..sometimes,its ok,sometimes its not. When i am in track last sat,my bike's throttle response is gd only after 6krpm at 3rd gear. but when its was at 1st n 2nd gear..even i whack over 7krpm,my bike is roaring like hell,but the speed is not fast..only after 3rd gear then the flatspot disappear..but when last time i using stock endcan,do not have this problem..its only after i change to micron then the problem arise..sometimes..i majan like need to maintain at certain rpm for sometime for the air to be build up inside the endcan..then when i feel that i had hold at certain rpm long enuff,i burst the throttle and my bike pick up like hell..but if i nv do this,i straight burst my throttle..wat i achieve is roaring like hell but no speed.. til now,i still do not know why is it like this..been thinking is it my spocket size too small..not sure le..if u happen to solve this problem..let me asap at 94571641. thanks. but the wat..the rear shock u try KYB or Gazi...few hundreds ohz..

cookie_monster - yes..at neutral,it can revive more than 13krpm..but when i at top speed,12k rpm..then when i whack more,its reaches 13k then like canot go beyond that..at 13k,it maintain for quite sometimee only..then it will roll back to 12krpm lor. I asked around for the reason...alot of ppl says..canot clear to the max redzone one...cos its over the safety limit...if u ever clear...thats mean ur engine gonna explode liao..cos over stress the engine..hope wat they had say is true lor..

edyz - i had done my power cut at planet's motor at ubi..removing powercut consist of the CDI and Meter...the actual meaning of powercut removed i dunno le..i feel no difference le...ppl say more kin qui...but i still feel my bike very tang kui le..u understand the meaning?

Okie... does that mean I have to set the air-fuel mixture of my carb again?

Then wat bout my engine sieze? Wat is actually not right wif my bike?

Isn't Gazi shocks for smaller CC bikes? Are there shocks for bigger CC bikes as well? Is there anywhere on the net I can look into for these products?

hi guys~~

Fazli - Seriously i dont know the answer for ur problem ohz..cos i also have this problem and yet to find a solution. Been suspecting whether is it bcos i nv do bigger jetting bcos i change exhaust or the spocket size too small..thats why my pick up part a bit lagging..or izzit becos my throttle cable old liao...or izzit my clutch pressure plate spoiled? haiz..i also dunno..need to troubleshoot but no time le..ask bike shop,they also not sure..some say my exhaust too big,some says its normal..some just shake head..

If ur engine happens to seize..most properly is ur CDI or spark plug cables faulty...

Canot be rectifier cos its purpose is to charge the battery. If u need a second CDI,can go Ubi's Planet find oldman Ah Chong,think he got one to sell..was quoted 150 or 200..cant remember..second one btw..

For the rear shock i dunno Gazi is only meant for smaller bike le..cos i came across a forumer using Gazi and he give a :thumb: for it...Maybe normal usage is ok lor..if hardcore,wanna play corner...then i think bitubo or rebuilding showa would be a better choice..but i intend to try Gazi le..wait till i try liao..i give u feedback lor..:cheeky: but afterall...mono shock is always better...if u can find Kawazaki ZXR rear swing arm and mod into S4...tell u...corner would be better sia..i have seen it b4..not locally but oversea..HK..

But maybe ur problem might be different frm mine...lets meet up if u wan...i try ride urs,u try ride mine..then see how is it...

Seen the pic of the bike before... Sweet mod I must say. Looks like I gotta check plug cables and CDI connections... I strongly suspect its either one cos cannot be rectifier as my batt charging is normal.

changing of swingarms is illigal rite .... if not i wanna change .... in the years to come i would mod my s4 version s like crazy ..... my mind planning to change the fork to inverted fork .... got a fren riding rd350 change his fork to inverted fork so i think should ask him for help .... for the swingarm a bit later or maybe not gonna do it at all coz tooooo costly .... need to buy the suspenson some more ...

anyways ... wish to inform u that ah boy selling tank bra for $60 .... it meant for vtec but version s can install too ... i did ... but need to adjust a lot ar .... or maybe i'm not fixing to propelly ...... hrm .....

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

Really? can put tankbra? :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Mersing(Air papan), Desaru,Tanjung Balau,Tanjung Piai,Pahang/Rompin,Penyabong,bekok waterfalls,Sepang/KL, Penang/KL,Melacca/Gunung Ledang,Pahang Endau Rompin Jungle. more to come~

Originally posted by cradle@Aug 22 2006, 11:31 AM

Hey guys..i riding version s....:smile:

Welcome welcome :cheer:

is that you in the AVATAR? :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Kidding:sweat: