SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Super Four Non-VTEC Family: PB1 VerR & VerS

sino74

• Replies 18.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wah william.. Got new stuffs ah... My mileage still got another 4k to go before my engine oil change.

I think u can use it for more than the remaining 4K..lol! As long as its smooth...just keep using lah. Each rider has their own style of riding and usage and eo change interval varies. If u go long distance and do continuos ride at more than 100km/hr..than u change sooner.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

hi guys any idea if car EO can be use onto our bike? i still have left over EO from my car able to use on S4 for one eo change.

Yes...can use..its better with the right added stuff.

Ah pek own a shop? What oil?

Btw what horns do u all use? My pipe is blueflame but my horn sounds like road runner beep beep.

What levers are good? S4 can use those colorful levers at jb? Whats so good about cn levers?

Sorry for tthe qns..

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae167/m0hs3n_2009/pulsar200ns.jpg

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

my horn sounds like a road runner too but cant be bothered. hardly use them anyway and i think lever depends on individual preference and pocket size also :)

btw i understand standard size for Ver s full tank is approx 17 liter. however my fuel gauge will touch empty around 240 km but when i top up, i get about 10l max. does this mean i got another 7 liter (inclusive of reserve) somewhere hidden in my tank and my gauge is way off? i want to try and ride it with the fuel gauge empty to just test how far i can go on a full tank but it just go against my instinct of topping up when gauge touch "empty" haha and scared ride half way ran out of petrol.

my horn sounds like a road runner too but cant be bothered. hardly use them anyway and i think lever depends on individual preference and pocket size also :)

btw i understand standard size for Ver s full tank is approx 17 liter. however my fuel gauge will touch empty around 240 km but when i top up, i get about 10l max. does this mean i got another 7 liter (inclusive of reserve) somewhere hidden in my tank and my gauge is way off? i want to try and ride it with the fuel gauge empty to just test how far i can go on a full tank but it just go against my instinct of topping up when gauge touch "empty" haha and scared ride half way ran out of petrol.

You r right. Forget about the fuel gauge..just a reference warning. Since a Version S got a fuel kock switch, ride till u hit "reserve"..that's when the bike jerks a bit. Turn the switch to reserve mode after that..go and pump and u should be pumping at least 15+ Litres instead. The tank has 18Ltrs and 3 Ltrs are reserve....

You r right. Forget about the fuel gauge..just a reference warning. Since a Version S got a fuel kock switch, ride till u hit "reserve"..that's when the bike jerks a bit. Turn the switch to reserve mode after that..go and pump and u should be pumping at least 15+ Litres instead. The tank has 18Ltrs and 3 Ltrs are reserve....

Yup I also have the same issue previously. Thanks for the info. Oh ya please give me advice on where is the radiator. I'm clueless on where to touch to check the heat of my bike. How do I see if my suspension is working properly? It feels a little "hard".

KRISTAL =)): the CO-OWNER of this ACCOUNT

Peace :cheeky:

Yup I also have the same issue previously. Thanks for the info. Oh ya please give me advice on where is the radiator. I'm clueless on where to touch to check the heat of my bike. How do I see if my suspension is working properly? It feels a little "hard".

The radiator is right infront of the engine block. There is a fat coolant tube sticking out on the left..touch that and uou know ur thermostat is working when its hot. Btw..not sure what u meant by "where to touch to check the heat of my bike"? If u think ur radiator is ever gona get cool when cooling system is not working..it won't as its always at least hot warm due to engine heat.

As for suspension..the more "rigid" (not hard) the better bekus this is good indication for good rebound rate which is very important. Not to worry..when you take corner at bends and the back feels kind of sinky or cushy..that's back (no proper rebound) and the back tyre feels kind of wobbles under load..especially heavy load..you can still set the spring setting via a castle like ring screw above the spring. If it had reach it maxs..just go to Tech Thye and have the two canisters gas up with nitrogen gas...provided that there is no sign of suspension oil leaking out on the shaft. If there is oil..your seal is gone and best to have the set rebuild. Now..ride safe.

I mean how to know if it is going to over heat or getting too hot. Do you guys have a problem with acceleration? It seem a little erm, "not smooth" when I go pass 110km/hr it has no problem with going faster but it just does not seem smooth. Is it be cause of it's old engine or cause the reason was because I used to ride a sports bike? Different seating posture?

KRISTAL =)): the CO-OWNER of this ACCOUNT

Peace :cheeky:

I mean how to know if it is going to over heat or getting too hot. Do you guys have a problem with acceleration? It seem a little erm, "not smooth" when I go pass 110km/hr it has no problem with going faster but it just does not seem smooth. Is it be cause of it's old engine or cause the reason was because I used to ride a sports bike? Different seating posture?

What eo are u using?..u want the BEST...come see me ;0)

What eo are u using?..u want the BEST...come see me ;0)

Wah ah pek u have ur own shop?

Btw is k&n air filter a huge difference compared to normal filter?

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae167/m0hs3n_2009/pulsar200ns.jpg

"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."

Wah ah pek u have ur own shop?

Btw is k&n air filter a huge difference compared to normal filter?

No shop lah..void deck only. Just doing out of passion to keep our bikes as tip top as possible. K&N...no difference lah..take out filter oso no different..make more sound only..ha....x3! Aur going into the carbs intake is limited by the air setting mah.

I think it's agip oil. Is it okay?

I personally have not use it but since u say "hot"..go figure.

No shop lah..void deck only. Just doing out of passion to keep our bikes as tip top as possible. K&N...no difference lah..take out filter oso no different..make more sound only..ha....x3! Aur going into the carbs intake is limited by the air setting mah.

Ahpek cn ride w no air filter at all?. Isit better w proper tuning w no filter?..

Ahpek cn ride w no air filter at all?. Isit better w proper tuning w no filter?..

Of course u can and especially good with bigger jetting (the reason for having hi-flo filter like K&N). The problem is that debris, grits, insects (travelling W Malaysia)...etc; gonna get suck into yourcarbs via the air intake ducts. Depend on what being suck in, you may damage the inner components of the carbs...that explain the word "filter"..for filtering.

And don't forget...better performance in this manner comes with a price of increase in FC.

thanks!

kinda agreed that better performance usually equates to higher fuel consumption. though some ppl tend to forget that.

It's time for me to do up my carbs! Recommendations please!

What's wrong with ur carbs? Nothing wrong don't touch. No workshop service manual ever recommended to dismantle ur carbs and service unless there are components to be replace.

ah pek, just wondering, how do you know when is it time to overhaul? what "signs" can we look out for? can advise?

You only need to do so if the shim/shims (its the valve clearance totally out due to their wear and tear and it make loud takking sound consistantly) need to be replaced. This is consider a engine block head overhaul as at the same time, grinding of valves and some of its assembly may need to be changed. So are the polishing of piston's heads etc. Cost at least $500+ depending on components need to be replaced along the process.

The other thing that need an overhaul job is replacement of pistons and its ring, conrods or conrods bearings, timing change and tensioner slippers etc..inluding gearbox stuff. This is major overhaul and needed only when engine blocks has knocking loud sound and bike under perform. Cost at least thousands depending on parts to be replaced.

Other than small matter..an S4 never need an overhaul in any manner. Just take care of good mainteanance by using good eo and well maintenance of cooling system.