SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

Guys anyone of you know that what is the problem when ridding the bike suddenly engine stalk? At first I think that there is no more fuel. But after a while it can be start again. This thing happen on and off. Is it the ramming of the bike which cause the problem?

i used to have the same problem too. but mine was because of the side stand kill switch. my side stand was pretty loose so abit of uneven road my bike will stall. tightened the side stand and remove the switch, never stalled again

JD kit is a waste of money. It is meant for temperate countries and not tropical countries like Singapore.

They make the bike run too rich and kill the backfiring problem but at the expense of poor fuel consumption, simply because tropical air is thinner because of the larger amounts of water vapour present in the atmosphere.

I say so coz I have tried it and in my humble opinion... it sucks.

But again.. its your money and your bike, please disregard my opinion if you think otherwise.

No flaming wars please, just my frank personal opinion after messing around and racing the DRZ since 2006.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

and Bro Raptor,

would love to head down to your shop someday to get my zee checked out! getting it soon.. hoho cant wait

Class 3 - 10 Sept 2008

Class 2B - 9 Sept 2009

Class 2A - 26 Aug 2011

Class 2 - 21 Nov 2013

-----------------------

2009 - 2010 : Yamaha Tw200

2010 - 2011 : Yamaha X-1R

2011 - 2012 : Suzuki DRZ400SM

2012 - Present : Yamaha Spark 135

Hello DRZ riders. I am interested in getting a DRZ for transport and to track. But the sticky part is I like to go on short touring rides. How far can the DRZ go before reserve?

Thanks in advance :)

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

Hello all!

I have decided to ditch my trusty lil X1-R for a DRZ and will be getting it soon.

However, I just wanna ask one question... is 50k mileage for a FBB Drz a lil too much? what are the possible problems tt such mileage may cause to the DRZ?

Or as long as the DRZ has been well-maintained, the mileage no matter how high or low doesnt matter much?

Looking forward to some advise here!

CHeers!

it's up to individual..

DRZ is pretty hardy even no maintenance was given to it..

high mileage can able you to nego for lower price..

one instance is my friend bought a low mileage(

but the bike was never service at all after 1000km..

there's a few 2nd hand ones for sale..

someone that brings the bike to track doesnt really mean the bike is not good in condition..

someone that always maintain his bike also doesnt means it's problem free..

some issues are by luck type..

if previous owner can prove service record and bike's looks good in exterior condition.. why not??

just rem, a brand new DRZ now is abt $17k on the road..

a 3-4 year old with minimal accessories is at $10k.. almost half price..

Hello DRZ riders. I am interested in getting a DRZ for transport and to track. But the sticky part is I like to go on short touring rides. How far can the DRZ go before reserve?

Thanks in advance :)

any bike can go touring..

Msia's petrol stops are 60-80kms in between..

DRZ fuel range is more than enough..

FC for DRZ ranges from 120km-240km depending on your setup..

guys may i know which screw on the stock carburator is for the air intake as i lower the fuel ratio and the bike consumption is better and performance not so bad but one problem. decelerate produce back fire sometimes. pls help thk you.

Yamaha RXZ 135 (FZ)Scrap--------Yamaha Spark 135 (FBB)

Honda SP 150 (FR)------------------Yamaha SparK Z 110 (FY)

YAmaha spark 135 (FBA)Stolen----DRZ 400 SM (FBB)

Honda S4 Ver S (FP)-----------------Honda Xr4 SM (FS)

Yamaha FZ16 (FBG)-----------------Honda wave (FW)

~~CURRENT BIKE~~

Honda NC700X

guys may i know which screw on the stock carburator is for the air intake as i lower the fuel ratio and the bike consumption is better and performance not so bad but one problem. decelerate produce back fire sometimes. pls help thk you.

the one causing the backfiring is the pilot jet.. it's inside the carb, you need to open it to gain access..

#25 will be the correct size to reduce backfiring..

Hello all!

I have decided to ditch my trusty lil X1-R for a DRZ and will be getting it soon.

However, I just wanna ask one question... is 50k mileage for a FBB Drz a lil too much? what are the possible problems tt such mileage may cause to the DRZ?

Or as long as the DRZ has been well-maintained, the mileage no matter how high or low doesnt matter much?

Looking forward to some advise here!

CHeers!

Bro i just got drz FBB plate also. Mileage 62k. So far 2 weeks using no problem. Try bringing somebody experienced to view the bike together la..Hope i answered in time.

Cheers..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

it's up to individual..

DRZ is pretty hardy even no maintenance was given to it..

high mileage can able you to nego for lower price..

one instance is my friend bought a low mileage(

but the bike was never service at all after 1000km..

there's a few 2nd hand ones for sale..

someone that brings the bike to track doesnt really mean the bike is not good in condition..

someone that always maintain his bike also doesnt means it's problem free..

some issues are by luck type..

if previous owner can prove service record and bike's looks good in exterior condition.. why not??

just rem, a brand new DRZ now is abt $17k on the road..

a 3-4 year old with minimal accessories is at $10k.. almost half price..

any bike can go touring..

Msia's petrol stops are 60-80kms in between..

DRZ fuel range is more than enough..

FC for DRZ ranges from 120km-240km depending on your setup..

Bro i remember somebody said on this forum( maybe it's you) that with stock carb can get 240 mileage? I roughly calculated that with my FCR and delta full system im getting at most 25km/l. Which i think is almost the same as S4 FC. If really can get 240 mileage that means the bike FC super steady liao lo..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Bro i remember somebody said on this forum( maybe it's you) that with stock carb can get 240 mileage? I roughly calculated that with my FCR and delta full system im getting at most 25km/l. Which i think is almost the same as S4 FC. If really can get 240 mileage that means the bike FC super steady liao lo..

yup.. my stock carb reaps a good 32km/L at times..

if on a FC, can reach 20km/L is consider very good FC..

yup.. my stock carb reaps a good 32km/L at times..

if on a FC, can reach 20km/L is consider very good FC..

After reading ur comments, guess I need hav a check on my setting lenience I'm on stock carb, endcan and run in period but get abt 27km. Hmmzz. Maybe after my runnin when change BMC filter then do together.

Why are you guys so paranoid about fuel consumption on a DRZ?

Fuel consumption depends on

1. how heavy handed you are on the throttle,

2. what kind of weight the bike is carrying,

3. what kind of traffic conditions the bike is ridden in,

4. what kind of sprockets size is on the bike,

5. what kind of tyre size and the profile,

6. what kind of tyre pressure is being used,

7. what kind of engine oil is being used,

8. the condition of the wheel bearings,

9. the condition of the brake disc and brake pads,

10. the cleanliness of the air filter,

11. the fuel level setting of the carb float bowl,

12. the main jet needle size and taper and the size of the jettings.

13. the valve clearance.

14. the type of exhaust header used.

15 the type of exhuast end can used,

16, the type of silencer insert used

17. the quality and condition of the packing material in the end can.

And I don' think my list is exhaustive.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

Cwmike21, when are you heading to Bro Raptor's shop? I'm thinking of heading down sometime next weekend too. Wanna head down together?

Class 3 - 10 Sept 2008

Class 2B - 9 Sept 2009

Class 2A - 26 Aug 2011

Class 2 - 21 Nov 2013

-----------------------

2009 - 2010 : Yamaha Tw200

2010 - 2011 : Yamaha X-1R

2011 - 2012 : Suzuki DRZ400SM

2012 - Present : Yamaha Spark 135

dun worry too much on the FC la....some more it's based on ur past experience....like me i rode X1-R n gave me a very good FC (of cos) then i move to DRZ which has a sudden drop of FC but then again, it's a higher CC and wif the bike too fun to ride, u tend to be throttle happy....then i move to a 1K CC bike lagi drop but then again, if u love ur bike, dun worry too much on the FC. want performance will never get a good FC but of cos wif a limit. if the bike is giving u the FC of a car, then of cos something is wrong.....

like bro John says.....ride more worry less.......if worry more then ride less.......life is too stressful enuff so enjoy riding n ride safe....this message is brought to you by your neighbourhood wet market......

"when you open your mind to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth........" - Walter Bishop

thumb-yamaha-semakin-di-depan.jpg

dun worry too much on the FC la....some more it's based on ur past experience....like me i rode X1-R n gave me a very good FC (of cos) then i move to DRZ which has a sudden drop of FC but then again, it's a higher CC and wif the bike too fun to ride, u tend to be throttle happy....then i move to a 1K CC bike lagi drop but then again, if u love ur bike, dun worry too much on the FC. want performance will never get a good FC but of cos wif a limit. if the bike is giving u the FC of a car, then of cos something is wrong.....

like bro John says.....ride more worry less.......if worry more then ride less.......life is too stressful enuff so enjoy riding n ride safe....this message is brought to you by your neighbourhood wet market......

Agree. Esp if you compare with fc of a car, you'd be laughing each time you fill up your bike!

I know i do!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=224954

2B(8/09);2A(10/10);2(12/11)

Derbi "Black Maverick" Terra 125 (8/09-9/12)

Honda "Burly Bison" Varadero XL1000V1 (10/11-12/12)

Ducati "Banded Mustang" Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP (12/12-)

Vespa "Vicki" GT200 (05/14-)

"Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity."

Ya true. After all these discussion and advice, Not gonna worry abt the FC already bgonna enjoy my ride le. So long as the FC is better than my previous spec 3 can le keke. Enjoy yr ride and worry less.....

the one causing the backfiring is the pilot jet.. it's inside the carb, you need to open it to gain access..

#25 will be the correct size to reduce backfiring..

THx bro i will check on it, but is there any screw for air intake then is accessible from outside.?

Yamaha RXZ 135 (FZ)Scrap--------Yamaha Spark 135 (FBB)

Honda SP 150 (FR)------------------Yamaha SparK Z 110 (FY)

YAmaha spark 135 (FBA)Stolen----DRZ 400 SM (FBB)

Honda S4 Ver S (FP)-----------------Honda Xr4 SM (FS)

Yamaha FZ16 (FBG)-----------------Honda wave (FW)

~~CURRENT BIKE~~

Honda NC700X

THx bro i will check on it, but is there any screw for air intake then is accessible from outside.?

the only few screws to adjust from the outside is the idling, big and black knob that you can turn by your fingers..

and the air/fuel mixture screw where you need a angled screwdriver to turn it, unless you changed to a extended one that can be turn by fingers..

1 pc New LV exhaust plug, blue colour @ $20

1 pc New DRZ Header @ $50

1 pair SME DRZ slider block, red colour @ $80

1 pc DRZ stock rear brake disc cover @ $10

1 pc DRZ LV Original silencer @ $50

1 pair H4 12v 100/90w white bulb 4700k @ $10.

1 pc LED signal @ $5.

1 pc Prosport performance Volt meter @ $40.

1 pc "Arm" toggle switch @ $30.

1 pc brand new IU unit bracket @ $50.

1 un-used tire repair kit (without the worms cos dried up) @ $30.

1 Combination Ratchat Socket Set (Some sockets missing) @ $5.

1 pc used Right-side Dainese knee guard with shin extension @ $30.

Seldom used, white shoei tamada, the white wif red design for $450 neg

Some items i wanna clear, pls PM me to view/deal

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE