SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Hey, went over to Malasia on Sat at about 12:30. No queue whatsoever on the 2nd link. Other group of riders went over around 9am and same thing. Returning on Sun at 1:30 was the same.

Is this a common theme or was it just a slow Sat? Maybe its the tough econ meaning fewer Malay riders coming to SG for work.

Hey, went over to Malasia on Sat at about 12:30. No queue whatsoever on the 2nd link. Other group of riders went over around 9am and same thing. Returning on Sun at 1:30 was the same.

Is this a common theme or was it just a slow Sat? Maybe its the tough econ meaning fewer Malay riders coming to SG for work.

You will only see Malaysian heading back to their country on Friday early evening onwards, Saturday afternoon to evening and they will return to Singapore from Sunday late morning onwards until late evening.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Given how hot it is here and the heavy traffic we run through, does anyone run an oil cooler?

How much lower does it bring you oil tem down by - was it worth it? Which brand - HD, JAGG or something else?

Thanks,

Hi Dnish, i juz fixed on my HD oil cooler last weekend. alot of ppl tell me it dun really help to cool down the heat emitting fr the engine. but it does help to prolong the life of ur engine. rite now, i dun feel the heat difference as i didnt have the chance to rite it for a longer distance yet.

Hi Dnish, i juz fixed on my HD oil cooler last weekend. alot of ppl tell me it dun really help to cool down the heat emitting fr the engine. but it does help to prolong the life of ur engine. rite now, i dun feel the heat difference as i didnt have the chance to rite it for a longer distance yet.

Thanks. Did you buy yours from HD in SG? I will prob buy from the states as engine life is good giving the stress we put on them here. Regular oil changes are probably the most important aspect in any case.

Also, I need to pick up the oil temp guage to get before and atfer results.

Thanks. Did you buy yours from HD in SG? I will prob buy from the states as engine life is good giving the stress we put on them here. Regular oil changes are probably the most important aspect in any case.

Also, I need to pick up the oil temp guage to get before and atfer results.

I got mine on ebay for 120usd. i think it cost abt $600sgd at local dealership. yerah i agree on changing the engine oil regularly.

I got mine on ebay for 120usd. i think it cost abt $600sgd at local dealership. yerah i agree on changing the engine oil regularly.

Do you buy from Ebay US site? I havent seen much on the EBay SG site. I usually will order from the US (Eastern Performance or Latus Harley) and pay the shipping charges, still cheaper than buying in HD in SG.

You should be more worried in city traffic. An oil cooler won't help you there, but a fan does (HD and aftermarket ones). The oil cooler does help lower the temp a little when moving. Then again, when you are moving, you're not worry about the engine overheating. Nonetheless, the oil cooler probably helps prolong the life of the engine a little as long as you're on the move and not stuck behind traffic.

Unless you big bore the engine or have heavy engine mods (high compression, etc.), the oil cooler is more of an aesthetic item. Then again, we put a lot of aesthetic items on our bikes, that potentially has some performance benefits :p

I've been toying with that idea too but it's down on the priority list just above open primary (don't flame me :angel: ).

I do have a chrome oil pressure gauge that mounts on the rocker cover for twincam if anyone is interested. It comes with a cigarette lighter plug too, where you can plug in your gps if you're not a smoker. Much better quality than the HD unit. Check out my thread for more info:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216989

Hi everyone

Greetings to all,

I'll be getting a HD soon.

There are 3 Q's i need to check with u guys.

1. How long do i need to replace the run belt? some say 80k/km

2. Where can i get a fuel tank cap with keys to lock it?

3. Izit possible to replace the XL883R oil tank to XL883C?

hope to heard frm u guys soon. Cheers

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

Hi everyone

Greetings to all,

Wah ESRs also starting to buy harley already ah... hehe :D

Welcome~!

Anyway, for No.2, you can get it at the dealership. But I suggest you buy your parts from ebay cuz its much cheaper, even after adding the crazy shipping charges :thumb:

@icez

welcome!! you sold your fazer or this hd is your 2nd bike?

run belt is 100 k km before change according to the manual

fuel cap with lock features you can get either from ebay or our local dealer

yes it is possible to switch the tank

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

fried fish-ya bro...time for a change. lolx...hope to meet u guys soon

max- Hey..thanx for the info...been searching for the fuel cap but didnt see any of it.

so it is true that the belt need to be changed every 100k... den i dun have to worry.

Yah...sold my fazer due to some reason..will tell ya my story when meeting up.

cheers n ride safe.

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

Guest fengdrew

got a ride to kluang coming sat, 7mar, back on 8 mar...

any HD riders interested,

pm me ur hp no, will ctc u for more details...

Hi everyone

Greetings to all,

Dear IceZ:

Just FYI...the fuel tank cap with keys to lock, try not to get the one from Harley Davidson. The quality is poor and after a short time, will fail on you.

For better quality ones, try Kuryakyn. It doesnt have keys but the locking mechanism is using a hex key/slot to open/close it. Safety wise, not as good as a key but quality wise, heaps better than the Harley lock with key one.

Cheers

Most experts aren't...and research is the difference between speculation and investment.

1430...ã™ãã€æ¥ã‚‹ã“ã¨ã€‚ :thumb:

hey, thanx for the advise...u mean this?

http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/cf/d6/56_1.JPG

will look for one soon as i get the bike. :)

Edited by IceZ

Like father like son

got a ride to kluang coming sat, 7mar, back on 8 mar...

any HD riders interested,

pm me ur hp no, will ctc u for more details...

I wanna go can??? haha:angel:

(Daytona Bike week ) Biker Pilgrim

Past Ride

1977- BMX 安美达:.consider not?

@icez

have you found your ride and just awaiting for transfer etc etc or you are still looking for your ride?

ride down leh tonight if the weather permits..you know where the fazers hang out on tuesdays ya..

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

haha...thanx for the invitation bro...appreaciate tat...but i juz come back frm hk last week...now im stuck in the office doin my left over work...till 10pm+

mayb nxt wk? hope the fazerians still welcome me as a ex fazerian... still own em CW*

yup, will be getting the HD on this sat. still swimming in the sea..lol will join u guys soon.

cheers.

Edited by IceZ

Like father like son

juz reached home...no prob ya.mayb nxt week. :)

Like father like son