SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

hey, thanx for the advise...u mean this?

http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/01/cf/d6/56_1.JPG

will look for one soon as i get the bike. :)

hehe, juz nice u mention abt the kuryakyn gas caps, i got a brand new pair sitting at home waiting for a new owner. here is the link:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5151650#post5151650

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/kepbin07/P3040001-1.jpg

oh..i just love this vids...amen.

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

Hi everyone

Greetings to all,

I'll be getting a HD soon.

There are 3 Q's i need to check with u guys.

1. How long do i need to replace the run belt? some say 80k/km

2. Where can i get a fuel tank cap with keys to lock it?

3. Izit possible to replace the XL883R oil tank to XL883C?

hope to heard frm u guys soon. Cheers

plse dont ever think of swopping the R tank for a C tank

if so , then just buy the C model.

Keep your R right.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

plse dont ever think of swopping the R tank for a C tank

if so , then just buy the C model.

Keep your R right.

Yeah throttle is rite. the distintive feature abt a sportster is the peanut tank. it goes a long way back. when ppl see a peanut tank, they will know thats a sportster. when i had my sportster, i tot of changing to the custom tank. but after a while, i began to love the contours of my peanut tank. classic!

Yeah throttle is rite. the distintive feature abt a sportster is the peanut tank. it goes a long way back. when ppl see a peanut tank, they will know thats a sportster. when i had my sportster, i tot of changing to the custom tank. but after a while, i began to love the contours of my peanut tank. classic!

yup yup, the peanut tank is uniquely sportster!! it just make it more old school :thumb:

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Hi everyone.... i'm getting my XR 1200 today.... soooooooooooooo excited. Will be glad of joining you for rides soon.

Honda Phantom TA200 FW (2006 --- 2007)

Ducati Monster 400 FZ (2007 --- 2008)

Aprilia Atlantic 200 FW (2007 --- 2012)

BMW R1200C FBD (2008 --- 2009)

Harley Davidson XR1200 FBD (2009 --- 2009)

MV Agusta Brutale 1078 RR FBE (2009 --- 2011)

Aprilia Caponord FW (2011 --- )

On Sunday, 8th February 2009, I parked my motorcycle at the open-air carpark outside Tesco at AEON Tebrau City, JB Malaysia. When I returned after shopping, I found my vehicle missing. When I tried to inform the security of the incident, I was met with security guards who did not know what to do. I eventually went to customer service, told them of the incident and asked to see the Manager of Tesco’s. The head of security was eventually called and they told me to lodge a police report. I was also shown a CCTV recording of the motorcycle being stolen.

I was shocked to see the perpetrators break my steering lock and with the aid of another motorcycle and someone on mine, drag the vehicle out. This happened at noon in broad daylight, with a large Sunday crowd and in full view of everyone. The head of security at Tesco’s remarked that the incident should not have happened as guards were meant to be patrolling that particular area.

At the police station, I was even more shocked to find out that vehicle thefts were very common at that particular shopping centre with the last motorcycle theft only two days prior to mine. Under these circumstances, I was appalled to witness and experience such lack of security and an almost nonchalant attitude towards this sort of crime.

I remember an article in the Straits Time dated Oct 02, 2008, with the Johor police chief assuring Singaporeans that JB is safe and that measures were in place to deal with Singaporeans in distress, such as a 24-hour hotline manned by an assistant superintendent. I tried calling the hotline while trying to lodge the police report but it was manned by someone who did even know the purpose of the hotline, let alone understanding the theft of my vehicle.

This incident has made me truly appreciate the security and safety we have in Singapore

Sorry to hear that.

Honestly, just write off the loss.

It's gone

Thats why i dont drive nor ride to JB for shopping trip and also discourage folks from doing so. it's a crappy place

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

On Sunday, 8th February 2009, I parked my motorcycle at the open-air carpark outside Tesco at AEON Tebrau City, JB Malaysia. When I returned after shopping, I found my vehicle missing. When I tried to inform the security of the incident, I was met with security guards who did not know what to do. I eventually went to customer service, told them of the incident and asked to see the Manager of Tesco’s. The head of security was eventually called and they told me to lodge a police report. I was also shown a CCTV recording of the motorcycle being stolen.

I was shocked to see the perpetrators break my steering lock and with the aid of another motorcycle and someone on mine, drag the vehicle out. This happened at noon in broad daylight, with a large Sunday crowd and in full view of everyone. The head of security at Tesco’s remarked that the incident should not have happened as guards were meant to be patrolling that particular area.

At the police station, I was even more shocked to find out that vehicle thefts were very common at that particular shopping centre with the last motorcycle theft only two days prior to mine. Under these circumstances, I was appalled to witness and experience such lack of security and an almost nonchalant attitude towards this sort of crime.

I remember an article in the Straits Time dated Oct 02, 2008, with the Johor police chief assuring Singaporeans that JB is safe and that measures were in place to deal with Singaporeans in distress, such as a 24-hour hotline manned by an assistant superintendent. I tried calling the hotline while trying to lodge the police report but it was manned by someone who did even know the purpose of the hotline, let alone understanding the theft of my vehicle.

This incident has made me truly appreciate the security and safety we have in Singapore

Hey,

First, Sorry for the lost.....

I suggest you should report this to our newspaper or any media you can find in Singapore, cause sometimes certain such thing happen might be neglacted here. And also not all Singaporean read this forum, so i suggest you should take action and let everyone in Singapore to know about this.

Rgds.

Alright guys, I have a brand new Vanes & Hines Fuelpak for sale at $350. Just shipped in from US. It is suitable for Dyna and V-rod. Do your own research before buying.

This is the link to the item in ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Motorcycle-Parts-Accessories__04-09-HD-Dyna-Vance-Hines-FuelPak-Fuel-Inject-Program_W0QQitemZ200314071775QQadiZ2863QQadnZMotorcycleQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?_trksid=p4506.m20.l1116

Interested, please sms me at 9841 2568.

Does anyone have a set of spare rear suspensions suitable for 2004 Sportster XLR to loan for a couple of months? Got to swap out my pair of Ohlins rear for service.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Does anyone have a set of spare rear suspensions suitable for 2004 Sportster XLR to loan for a couple of months? Got to swap out my pair of Ohlins rear for service.

I have one stock set in my store, pm me your number ya

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Does anyone here has a problem with your bike seat getting soaked with water after leaving it out there in the heavy rain? Is there any ways to prevent water from seeping in?

I've tried changing the leather, and use waterproof silicon gel to seal up all the areas with stitching, but water still gets in and totally soak up the seat... :(

Does anyone here has a problem with your bike seat getting soaked with water after leaving it out there in the heavy rain? Is there any ways to prevent water from seeping in?

I've tried changing the leather, and use waterproof silicon gel to seal up all the areas with stitching, but water still gets in and totally soak up the seat... :(

if waterproof silicon gel still cant help then maybe u can get a rain seat cover?

I saw quite a few on ebay. :thumb:

"Respect All Others Until They Disrespect You."

hi guys...

anyone face this prob before?

Q's: When i ride for few mins on highway at abt 90km/h...the engine check light on for few sec den it goes off...den it on again...

i cant find any troubleshoot on the manual....

Anyone encounter this prob? Need your advice...thank you. :)

Edited by IceZ

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

I've tried changing the leather, and use waterproof silicon gel to seal up all the areas with stitching, but water still gets in and totally soak up the seat...

wrap the seat under the leather with another layer of plastic sheet. i will solve the problem. i have the same problem before

hmm i suggest u rewrap the seat again or ask the tailor to remove the seat leather and paste tape from the inside.

Like father like son

hi guys...

anyone face this prob before?

Q's: When i ride for few mins on highway at abt 90km/h...the engine check light on for few sec den it goes off...den it on again...

i cant find any troubleshoot on the manual....

Anyone encounter this prob? Need your advice...thank you. :)

juz went to sunburst..it the batt cable loose.lolx.heng*

Like father like son

juz went to sunburst..it the batt cable loose.lolx.heng*

wires gettin loose here and there quite common...i used to get dat too. watz scary is it might not be diagnosed correctly sometimes and u end up tearing into everything and changing a ton of parts and still get the same prob... :cheeky:

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

Thanx for the advice... will most probably try rewrapping the seat.. if not, gotta buy new seat already...

As mentioned, wrap a waterproof layer under the leather or whatever skin you choose. Don't just rewrap the top layer. There's really not much waterproof skins that can do the job on it's own, although some are better than others.

Eugene or 212 Lavender St can do it, but you have to instruct them about the inner layer. Doesn't cost much more. Worth every penny.

As mentioned, wrap a waterproof layer under the leather or whatever skin you choose. Don't just rewrap the top layer. There's really not much waterproof skins that can do the job on it's own, although some are better than others.

Eugene or 212 Lavender St can do it, but you have to instruct them about the inner layer. Doesn't cost much more. Worth every penny.

Yeah I went to Eugene. Went there the 2nd time last Fri. Seat was wrapped in plastic sheets, the top layer was plastered with Silicon Gel before wrapping... Eugene mentioned that that's the best he can do to try and waterproof a seat. If still cannot waterproof, there's nothing he can do already.... :cry: