SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

check ~ wash ~ change o-seal ring .. but will still leak .. then morning or after parking after 30min onward .. the engine will tend to stall often while on idiling.. moving off after warming up and stop at traffic light then move off again will also stall.

carb red red water sounds like petrol leh.

check fuel line at carb.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Erm , i wanna ask what if carb leak some red red water . And the motor at idiling , the speed/vibration is not smooth ? as in sometimes rpm high then low , high then low..

i have seen red/purplish eo...

maybe that is the eo entering the carb..in that case the reed valve /or rubber thingy at the carb outlet is letting the eo to flush back...ie u may have a bit of eo in the carb...try draining the petrol from the carb (u can do this by unscrewing a screw right at the bottom of the carb..) if this solve the problem temporary and the petrol turning red again...this will confirm the eo leaking into the carb...inlet valves and reed valve may need to be decarbonise/reset or worse replacement required.

will appreciate if u can post the solution of this issue.:cheeky:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

check ~ wash ~ change o-seal ring .. but will still leak .. then morning or after parking after 30min onward .. the engine will tend to stall often while on idiling.. moving off after warming up and stop at traffic light then move off again will also stall.

most of the time ..when bike stalls at traffic junction when the engine is hot is a result of lean mix...a turn of fuel mix jet by a quarter turn should seen an improvement to the ride..

in your case if eo has actually enter your carb..your ride is definitely going to be shitty.IMHO

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

how to decarbonise???

wad is it for?

:angry:RiDe iF YoU dArE... lOwEr YoU gO... ThE mOrE KiCk yOu Got...BuT mY fOoTrEsT cHuI...o_O

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

Phantom TA200 - FUxxxxK 24thMar09' to 18thJun11'

RoadWin R125 - FBC****M 23rdJun11'

- Phantom must feed new EO regularly. Every month or 3000km.

- Every 3 mths do full servicing (wash carb). Optional. Some pple think carb dun touch unless got prob. For myself, when I was riding TA200 for a yr, full service every 3mths.

- Every 3mths/6000km change air filter & spark plugs.

every 3 months chg air filter very heavy to wallet sia!!!

:angry:RiDe iF YoU dArE... lOwEr YoU gO... ThE mOrE KiCk yOu Got...BuT mY fOoTrEsT cHuI...o_O

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

dun have to change every month.. just take it out to see.. Sometimes just use jet air blow clean will do..

things have to change offen is the Engine oil only.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Air filters are $10, change when its dirty because blowing it with a compressed air doesn't really help much. If you can't afford that you seriously shouldn't be owning a bike.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s351/thenation_bucket/whowatches.jpg

Phantom air filter only cost $10 at ah boy and can diy also so i dun think very expensive. Unlike my Vara 125 which cost $100++ for the air filter. If u can diy on ur TA200, go ahead coz more hands on time means u know much more bout ur bikes. Phantom is not a really complicated bike once u know. If really dun know, p ls ask hor....

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

sir filter last a long time...just do regularly dusting will do..maybe change at 20000 km is a good guide.

air filter last a long time...just do regularly dusting will do..maybe change at 20000 km is a good guide.

Edited by mepkoh

how to decarbonise???

wad is it for?

decarbonise= cleaning /removing carbon deposit.

normally done at shop.u.nless u have the expertise to do it.

yup.. totally agree with finrod.. Airfilter is cheap and easy to DIY.. tried it to understand your bike better

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

dun have to change every month.. just take it out to see.. Sometimes just use jet air blow clean will do..

things have to change offen is the Engine oil only.quote

most people will clean air ffilter by means of compress air...this method is a very bad practice.

by blowing compress air onto the filter u may have actually force the dust into it..or that u may have puncture the filter without knowing it. As the air filter is delicate damaging it is always a possibility.

as most will do it anyway...

i dust the filter..what i meant is that i remove air filter and shake / knock aginst a solid surface, vibarte..etc never blow compress air over it. this shaking /knocking etc will shake the dust out of the filter.

as mentioned filter changes at 20k km ie over 7 times of eo changes..so budget for it..ie it cost $1.4 per eo change.

sorry sorry to big bro out there..

i tot the air filter very ex..

like tat its oki to chg often like how u all say.

sorry la.. don say me till like i no money like tt..

even sorry to state a statement like tt!!!:sorry:

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

The one from ah boy doesnt fit properly. Have to really force it in. I'll change it 2-3 times a year.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

i just gonna change my air filter too 3june.. Pk is going to raid Planet ;-)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

i just gonna change my air filter too 3june.. Pk is going to raid Planet ;-)

so on 3rd june in total wad r u changing?

haha

Passed 2B - 18thMar09'

so on 3rd june in total wad r u changing?

haha

Sproket+ chain , EO , Sparkplug , brakepad , air filter approx $200 bucks i suppose...

what about u?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

By a rough guideline, air filters are to be changed per 6-monthly.

Those $10 at AhBoy are chiong ones - some may not fit well, some may cause constant backfiring... If you want stock one, go to a mech you trust, because it's almost impossible to see the difference.

Steve, how'd you lose the cushion?? hung it to dry?

I have the best signature.

Those $10 at AhBoy are chiong ones - some may not fit well, some may cause constant backfiring... If you want stock one, go to a mech you trust, because it's almost impossible to see the difference.

Yeah man was hanging outside the window to vent the stinky smell but when i wake up its was like Ta Ta :cheeky: side cushion gone liao now my that helmet becomes useless cause cant wear anymore due to 1 Cushion short :cry: thats my story lolz anyway any1 can help mi on that tks

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77956&d=1224144141

so getting filters from ahboy is not so good?

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12