SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki KRR150 Riders

95 Emperor

Hello there guys! A newbie here in riding the KRR. Used to ride a TZM, and yes, there's quite a difference in both bikes! Well anyway, my concern now is about the fuel consumption of my krr. Eating way too much then I expected. My speedo isn't working, and so is my odometer (the one used to calculate mileage), so i cant really calculate the accurate distance traveled with full tank. But since I only go to and fro skool (a total of ~36km per day), and additional ~40km a week to go out sometimes, I calculated an estimation of about 17-19kmpl. It's really not an accurate measure, but it sure is high fuel consumption.

My tzm drinks around 27-30kmpl, and I do whack sometimes. But for my KRR, i dun usually whack, instead be gentle often and smoothly accelerate on my throttle to reach higher speeds. And I do open my valve, usually at highways and once in awhile on normal roads. I'm not too sure about my sprockets, but I think they're used for good pickup. I pump Caltex 95, use Putoline RS959 fully synthetic.

I need help from the abang2 KR regarding this matter. Saw some others post about the jet size and etc. I've yet to go to my mech, but would like to know from you guys first. Thanks guys :)

PS: I'm not really complaining, just seeking advice. Newbie mah. AND I DO LOVE THE KRR'S HANDLING OVER TZM. hehehehe :p

For your speedo not working...perhaps can try changing the speedo cable. 17-19....wow your fc is like class 2 bike :p. Perhaps can try bringing to your mech to tune it up nicely. Full service it and so on. I used to get 15-17km/l when I got my krr. After tuning and servicing, it became 28km/l. Now its back to 22-23km/litre....though I heard its about normal actually.

Hi Bro.. Welcome to KRR rides! :)

There's a high possibility that your KRR carb has been mod to faster pick up and thus you suffer on FC.. most old KRR only have +/- 18-22km/L.. Reason? They have been mod mostly on block and carb.

If you wan back good FC of 27-30km/L... You need to check if your block have been mod anot. If never mod, change back the setting inside your carb and you will get good FC.. :)

Ahh alrighty! Okay, so i change back the settings inside my carb if my block no mod. IF my block got mod, how then bro?

For your speedo not working...perhaps can try changing the speedo cable. 17-19....wow your fc is like class 2 bike :p. Perhaps can try bringing to your mech to tune it up nicely. Full service it and so on. I used to get 15-17km/l when I got my krr. After tuning and servicing, it became 28km/l. Now its back to 22-23km/litre....though I heard its about normal actually.

Hahaha for speedo, mech said its the bottom end of the fork there that needs to be replaced. But i thinking of changing my meter too cuz my odometer knob is gone!

Alright, will pay a visit to the mech soon! :D

Smooth wrists for the twists

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

Billy - TZM 150 YPVS (21092013-21112013)

Bobby - KRR 150 KIPS (31122013-26092014)

Spanky - LC 135 (30092014-Present)

Ahh alrighty! Okay, so i change back the settings inside my carb if my block no mod. IF my block got mod, how then bro?

Hahaha for speedo, mech said its the bottom end of the fork there that needs to be replaced. But i thinking of changing my meter too cuz my odometer knob is gone!

Alright, will pay a visit to the mech soon! :D

If block got mod....change block :p Which mech do u go to usually?

“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.†- Jeremy Clarkson

http://images54.fotki.com/v104/photos/3/1279813/10237619/IMG_0625-vi.jpg[

Ah Chong at Planet motors, Ubi

LOL.. nv see you before? I'm ah chiong regular... :p

one of the most unique KR with box.. :p

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Hi guys forget to mention I'm also a KRR newbie. Just passed TP a few weeks ago. Why like nobody chatting here already haha. Everyone just buying and selling stuff :/

U r too late!

No much ppl playing Krr150 now

Edited by alvin8787

U r too late!

yeah,true fact

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

U r too late!

yeah,true fact

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

LOL.. nv see you before? I'm ah chiong regular... :p

one of the most unique KR with box.. :p

HAHAHA i guess we arent fated to meet YET. BAHAHAH okk, will look out for a krr with box, and i should know its you :p

Smooth wrists for the twists

B3gHfaDCAAATWkk.jpg

Class 2B - 18092013

Billy - TZM 150 YPVS (21092013-21112013)

Bobby - KRR 150 KIPS (31122013-26092014)

Spanky - LC 135 (30092014-Present)

Hello everyone. i have to go for inspection in order to settle my insurance .my problem now is making through inspection. currently my tail(single sharp tail),racing footrest,no mudguard all this i knoe i have to get it fixed.im planning to send to a shop to get it done.anyone can share where i can send to to get this settled?i live at sengkang.i have to tow my bike over.please enlighten thank you.