Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

hmmmmmmm.....................

 

then i donno le..........

 

anyway, I so decided to keep the bike...

 

until all the furniture bills started coming...

 

now i have no choice anymore, but to sell the bike... even with the reno loan, I'm still in the red... sigh...

 

The Ad for my 916...

From then to now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/solley/bikes.jpg

Posted
hmmmmmmm.....................

 

then i donno le..........

 

anyway, I so decided to keep the bike...

 

until all the furniture bills started coming...

 

now i have no choice anymore, but to sell the bike... even with the reno loan, I'm still in the red... sigh...

 

The Ad for my 916...

 

Wow.. ur 916 really looks fantastic and in emaculate condition.. I would certainly get urs if given a choice.. I'm intrested in ur bar end signals though.. I dun mnd buying frm u and give u mine with an engraved "ducati" on it. Bt it's ok if ur nt sellin them, juz a casual remark my fren :)

Posted

Lol...

 

Not so easy to take out leh... Must drill a hole in your clip on for the wire also...

From then to now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/solley/bikes.jpg

Posted
Any barnett clutch plates users around? When my bike temperature gets hot eg. 170 F', my throttle seems to be revving high when moving off but the bike accelerate slow and heavy as if it were half clutching and i got to keep playing with e cluth lever before the bike could roll back to normal. I observe this only happens when bike temperature is almost 3/4 to max.

 

Could it be the cluth plates? Lan, do u encounter this problem when ur bike is very hot?

 

negative...i installed double cooling fan...with dual switch.....

Posted

Me too.. I installed 2 fans bt apparently my 2nd fan was a D.I.Y large CPU fan which is quite strong bt not as cooling as e original fan. Nw i'm still waiting 4 my fan, bought frm ebay to be shipped. So i guess it's e temperature that's causing e clutch 2 slipped even more.. I'll be visitin Ray's later 2 check if there's anytin wrg wif e clutch pump or lines. In e mean tim, gotto get e temp below 75 deg in order 2 ride well.. Will update u guyz if there's a relation between plates and high temperature. Thanx.

Posted

Ok conclusion, there is no relation between temperature and barnett clutch plates slipping. Bt Raymond recommends e newfren plates on my nxt plates change. E reason behind my plates slipping at thigh temp was due to a ball bearing jammed in my aftermarket slave cylinder thus my clutch plates keeps slipping when it gets too hot. As a result, I had to change my 2 weeks old plates as it had severe burns on e steel plates and pre-mature slippage on e friction plates. Fortunately he have spare plates as replacements. Changed my slave cylinder to STM and nw it runs perfectly. E best part is, gg neutral is a piece of cake! :)

 

So if ur plates starts to slip or throttle feels heavy when bike temperature is very2 hot, do check e bearings in e slave and monitor ur plates wear and tear.

Thanks.

Posted

All the best!!! Can't imagine riding for so long in such a short time...

From then to now...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/solley/bikes.jpg

Posted
you mean like this???

 

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs531.snc3/30141_400220850904_654570904_4168582_7113334_n.jpg

 

Cheeky monkey..hehe

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4373/dscf2907t.jpghttp://img202.imageshack.us/img202/1141/me1ld.jpg
Posted

Hi, i'm sure some of u r sick of ur stock 916/748/996/998 coolant tank leaks. I found a "lobang" frm ducati.ms that have e prototypes. Currently I'm negotiating on e price and combined shipping costs once the final prototype is successful. current price per tank is 105USD w/o shipment. Kindly email me if intrested indicating ur hp no. Once price is finalised, i will notify you guys and you may make payments to raymond asap, (afterall he'll be e man who'll fixed it in ur bike.). I'll then update intrested parties on the shipping progress.

 

Sian, nt even a mth and my coolant tank leak liao.. Nw hunting for temporary 2nd hand ones.

Posted
Hi, i'm sure some of u r sick of ur stock 916/748/996/998 coolant tank leaks. I found a "lobang" frm ducati.ms that have e prototypes. Currently I'm negotiating on e price and combined shipping costs once the final prototype is successful. current price per tank is 105USD w/o shipment. Kindly email me if intrested indicating ur hp no. Once price is finalised, i will notify you guys and you may make payments to raymond asap, (afterall he'll be e man who'll fixed it in ur bike.). I'll then update intrested parties on the shipping progress.

 

Sian, nt even a mth and my coolant tank leak liao.. Nw hunting for temporary 2nd hand ones.

 

Juz curious, what type of coolant do you use? Can the coolant be reactive

to the coolant container? Touch wood had been using the original coolant tank with Engine Ice for the past 6yrs on my 748....seems ok. Didnt bother to

try other fluid as the EI lock the temp needle at 80 degree flat. :thumb:

 

Testin out Liquid Molly on my vfr now...dun think it can beat EI.

You can try to let the spray-work shop patch-up the coolant tank while

waiting for the prototype :cheeky:

Posted
Thank you for your encouragements. Thanks guys.

 

alamak vic , u 're a Celebrity now !

was in esso,yesterday , nearly choked !

saw u in the magazine(mca).

got a few mate(s)asking for your phone number,leh?

anyway,when going off to china,let me send u off !

or best organise a send off from ducati riders(sbf)

BON VOGAGE

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad37/fesa7044/Ducati_desmodromic_cam_animation1.gif[/img]
Posted
alamak vic , u 're a Celebrity now !

was in esso,yesterday , nearly choked !

saw u in the magazine(mca).

got a few mate(s)asking for your phone number,leh?

anyway,when going off to china,let me send u off !

or best organise a send off from ducati riders(sbf)

BON VOGAGE

 

interesting abt the send off things.....

Posted
best organise a send off from ducati riders(sbf)

BON VOGAGE

 

interesting abt the send off things.....

 

No no no... Pls don't do that. I have another 34 pax boarding the plane with me.

 

Ducati offered me their best wishes and support. Should I need any assitance with my bike in China. They will liase with Ducati China to provide me assistance. So although I am the only Duke in this roadtrip, I have the whole DUCATI behind me.

Posted
Juz curious, what type of coolant do you use? Can the coolant be reactive

to the coolant container? Touch wood had been using the original coolant tank with Engine Ice for the past 6yrs on my 748....seems ok. Didnt bother to

try other fluid as the EI lock the temp needle at 80 degree flat. :thumb:

 

Testin out Liquid Molly on my vfr now...dun think it can beat EI.

You can try to let the spray-work shop patch-up the coolant tank while

waiting for the prototype :cheeky:

 

I use Engine ice also.. bt I was told that coolant leaks are not caused mainly by heat but also the pressure inside the tank itself that caused plastic joints at the sides to crack. Hmm.. perhaps I use my 916 as my everyday ride also that's why haha.. bt aniway if there's no takers then I juz order one of the aluminium tank 1st. Bt if there's any1 still intrested, u can reach ne at 91114071 asap before I make the order. Thanks.

Posted
No no no... Pls don't do that. I have another 34 pax boarding the plane with me.

 

Ducati offered me their best wishes and support. Should I need any assitance with my bike in China. They will liase with Ducati China to provide me assistance. So although I am the only Duke in this roadtrip, I have the whole DUCATI behind me.

 

......ride safe....

Posted

this must be the 3rd time u are featured in MC... u're hot!

 

No no no... Pls don't do that. I have another 34 pax boarding the plane with me.

 

Ducati offered me their best wishes and support. Should I need any assitance with my bike in China. They will liase with Ducati China to provide me assistance. So although I am the only Duke in this roadtrip, I have the whole DUCATI behind me.

2008 Night Rod Special, 1993 Ducati 900SS, 2011 Ducati Diavel Dark Knight

http://www.1130cc.com/gallery/files/2/5/9/7/0/_147621.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...