SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA150

Kevs

Btw, the speedo meter the show oil one is 2t?

Main oil leh? How to see?

there is a small transparent window south and at 6 'o' clock position of the kick starter.

the window is for you to check the level of the gear oil/engine oil in the gearbox...

the 'oil' on the speedo only lights up when 2T level is low and provided it is still working... best is to remove the chrome cover and check every month or if more kiasu, every 2 weeks...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there is a small transparent window south and at 6 'o' clock position of the kick starter.

the window is for you to check the level of the gear oil/engine oil in the gearbox...

the 'oil' on the speedo only lights up when 2T level is low and provided it is still working... best is to remove the chrome cover and check every month or if more kiasu, every 2 weeks...

My small transparent window south at 6 'o' clock position of the kick starter cannot see le.. very black and blur.. :( how ?

My small transparent window south at 6 'o' clock position of the kick starter cannot see le.. very black and blur.. :( how ?

4T oil wont leak on a 2 stroke bike, as it is only using to lubricate the gears, change oil as per recommended interval...

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

it's black cos of the accumulation of dirt and grime over the years, clean it and you be able to see it transparent again...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

What's your phantom ta 150 fc? Mine 17~18km/L

Kinda low.. mine used to be 23-27.. depending on how i ride. for now.. no idea.. nvr keep track le.. mine is ta 150 too =)

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400

Kinda low.. mine used to be 23-27.. depending on how i ride. for now.. no idea.. nvr keep track le.. mine is ta 150 too =)

Haha i see..

Mine used to give me 22-26km/lit. First couple of gears dun throttle too hard.

Just let the valve do it's job.

So i don't throttle much for gear 1,2 ? Don't let the RPM very high ah?

• 1 month later...

Thanks for that comment and intro bro!!!:cheeky:

check out other “Phatom parts for sale” under my thread

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/302475-So-Many-Different-Bike-Parts-For-Sale-!!!-gt-Listed-By-Bike-Make-Model

Thanks Charlton for your support!

Can look for vtec88

• 2 weeks later...

not sure what happen to my ta150 but after i changed my spark plug last friday.

the engine kept dying while on the move.yes damn dangerous, it died when i entered aye at peak hour and i actually have to keep re-kickstart whenever the engine die at nearly every 1 km.

it was damn bad initially and starting to get better already but it is still dying when i was riding at very slow speed or stopping at traffic light or idle. changed my battery just yesterday but problem wasnt resolve.

any idea what could be the problem? way to find out?

thank you for your time!

old bikes...please answer the following questions...

1. when was the last time you have cleaned your air filter?? if you say 5000km..it is time for a cleaning session..

i am not surprise that your answer...i dont know..never done it..

2 when did you last chesk the tank and petrol ines for conmination???

3..wash and retune your carb??

4..check/change...or use the last/good plug..to confirm whether the current one is faulty. dont orget to confirm the correct sparking gap.

5.when the bike dies...check immediately for spark...this is to confirm that it is not the elecrical system giving you the problem...

6. old bikes seem to have issues with the wiring and its connection..give your bike a once over to ensure all wire connections are still good..

work on this...and post your exerience/result....if still problematic..

i love my ezzyoiler

experience the miracle...

where chain cleaning is history...

call 91797182..

:cheers::cheer:

old bikes...please answer the following questions...

1. when was the last time you have cleaned your air filter?? if you say 5000km..it is time for a cleaning session..

i am not surprise that your answer...i dont know..never done it..

2 when did you last chesk the tank and petrol ines for conmination???

3..wash and retune your carb??

4..check/change...or use the last/good plug..to confirm whether the current one is faulty. dont orget to confirm the correct sparking gap.

5.when the bike dies...check immediately for spark...this is to confirm that it is not the elecrical system giving you the problem...

6. old bikes seem to have issues with the wiring and its connection..give your bike a once over to ensure all wire connections are still good..

work on this...and post your exerience/result....if still problematic..

whats the corret sparking gap? i saw them tighten until cannot turn.

how do i check for spark? as in really remove the spark plug and see?

and for point 6, what do you mean by a once over?

thanks in advance !

• ONCE-OVER (noun)

Sense 1once-over [bACK TO TOP]

Meaning:

A swift cursory examination or inspection

Classified under:

Nouns denoting acts or actions

Synonyms:

look-over; once-over

Context example:

I gave him the once-over

Hypernyms ("once-over" is a kind of...):

examination; scrutiny (the act of examining something closely (as for mistakes))

sparking gap..., 0.9mm ...thias has nothing to do with the tightning of the spark plug..it actually refers to the plug electrodes gap.

do a search on checking spark...its all in the internet..

i love my ezzyoiler

call 91797182..

• 2 weeks later...
anyone know which bike shop can do settings? reduce my 2t consumption and petrol? i don mind power weaker..

because i use 1 2T every 2 week.. everyday travel 50km like that..

Haha.. Can go planet do... Find ah chong... 2t setting actually can adjust urself... Very simple... As for fc, maybe u nid wash ur carb n air filter... Haha..

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???

Haha.. Can go planet do... Find ah chong... 2t setting actually can adjust urself... Very simple... As for fc, maybe u nid wash ur carb n air filter... Haha..

Bro, how to do the 2t settings? Btw whats your FC?

• 1 month later...

Hai Guys need some inform and help on my Ta150,this pass few day when i park my bike black oil coming out of my exhaust,once i park the bike after a while black oil dripping off sometime alot.Anyone know the problem.Thanks

oil coming out of bike exhast..either 2 t or 4t..

2t..premixed ratio is too much..

4t...u have serious problem...piston/ring worn..

or you may have added too much eo in the crank case...high pressure pushing eo past worn piston rings..

anyway best is to confirm...as this may/will lead to more serious issues..

i love my ezzyoiler

call 91797182..

• 2 weeks later...

Hai guys I have a question and need an answer if u don't mind.Why is Phantom Ta150 is so hard to sell?Even if u put at a good price no one want to buy it,the only one who buy it is the shop and then it will be scrap.Any one can give the answer?thank

2t bikes...going to be obsolete...

many reason..

inefficient...just imagine ta 150 average fc is 20km/l or so

environment concern...manufactureres have stop developing this type of engines , as the cost to meet the emmission standard is too high..

as a 2 st bike owner.before...it is a good and fast ride...but then 2 strokers are going the way of the dinorsaurs..

i love my ezzyoiler

call 91797182..

2t bikes...going to be obsolete...

many reason..

inefficient...just imagine ta 150 average fc is 20km/l or so

environment concern...manufactureres have stop developing this type of engines , as the cost to meet the emmission standard is too high..

as a 2 st bike owner.before...it is a good and fast ride...but then 2 strokers are going the way of the dinorsaurs..

Yeah, fuel consumption is bad. But then 2 stroke bike is really a good and fast ride.