SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA200

sidek

hi bros, kenna today PIE freaking-hell heavy rain! after i park my bike, 5 min ltr come back couldn't start! it's like cough (very weak) a bit, then got a lot of fast-pace tek tek tek sound when i press start button (the neutral light will go dim/off when i press).

battery should be ok as got horn, head light & neutral light. i on the spot change spark plug also same... managed to push start & head home. any ideas? thanks!

2005-2008: Phantom TA200

2006-2011: Hyundai Getz 1.6

2008-2008: wave 110

2008-2009: CB400 Ver S

2009-2009: Phantom TA200

2009-2011: CB400 Spec 1

2012-2012: Aprilia Scarabeo 200

2012-2013: Phantom TA150

2016-2016: SilverWing FJS400D

2013-current: CB400 PB1

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi bros, kenna today PIE freaking-hell heavy rain! after i park my bike, 5 min ltr come back couldn't start! it's like cough (very weak) a bit, then got a lot of fast-pace tek tek tek sound when i press start button (the neutral light will go dim/off when i press).

battery should be ok as got horn, head light & neutral light. i on the spot change spark plug also same... managed to push start & head home. any ideas? thanks!

ok what ur experiencing is a leakage of current from ur spark plug cap, as u mentioned u rode in the heavy rain yes no???

water churned from ur front wheels will get to the block and that some freak chances of the water conducting the current from the spark plug cap to the block directly...hence changing the spark plug might not really help, if u ever encountered the same symptoms, spray WD40 onto the spark plug cap, and ur good to go....

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

hey. can someone point out whr is the carb located?

and how often you guys wash it?

its situated directly under or slightly infront of ur balls, when u sit on top ur bike...

my advise is if theres no major prob with the bike, dun touch the carb, dun fix if it ain't broke....the more u do the more leh cheh later....

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:m2aCKK6LUjHk9M:http://www.albaaction.com/motors/rhino/images/carb2-440.jpg

J. P. Morgan

its situated directly under or slightly infront of ur balls, when u sit on top ur bike...

my advise is if theres no major prob with the bike, dun touch the carb, dun fix if it ain't broke....the more u do the more leh cheh later....

http://tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:m2aCKK6LUjHk9M:http://www.albaaction.com/motors/rhino/images/carb2-440.jpg

okay noted. thanks dude:cheers:

"We all have ability. The difference is how we use it."

Hi guys. Anyone know how to prevent spark plug from getting wet? Thanks!

change your spark plug cap...or diy.. tape your cap from one end and on to the cable ..pay particular attention to the cable/cap area..

test your plug by idling and spraying water to the taped area.

good luck.

or your problem could just be a faulty plug...changed it too..if u have not done it after 20,000km ride.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

change your spark plug cap...or diy.. tape your cap from one end and on to the cable ..pay particular attention to the cable/cap area..

test your plug by idling and spraying water to the taped area.

good luck.

I just change the spark plug cap yesterday. Care to show some picture how to diy?:angel::angel: hehe.. Greatly appreciated!

ok what ur experiencing is a leakage of current from ur spark plug cap, as u mentioned u rode in the heavy rain yes no???

water churned from ur front wheels will get to the block and that some freak chances of the water conducting the current from the spark plug cap to the block directly...hence changing the spark plug might not really help, if u ever encountered the same symptoms, spray WD40 onto the spark plug cap, and ur good to go....

thanks bro! ya u r rite man as ytd evening bike suddenly can start normally alrdy, should be the water dry out. so should i change the spark plug cap too to prevent future occurrance? thanks!

2005-2008: Phantom TA200

2006-2011: Hyundai Getz 1.6

2008-2008: wave 110

2008-2009: CB400 Ver S

2009-2009: Phantom TA200

2009-2011: CB400 Spec 1

2012-2012: Aprilia Scarabeo 200

2012-2013: Phantom TA150

2016-2016: SilverWing FJS400D

2013-current: CB400 PB1

I just change the spark plug cap yesterday. Care to show some picture how to diy?:angel::angel: hehe.. Greatly appreciated!

come to the clinic next saturday..i do it for u....

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

come to the clinic next saturday..i do it for u....

spoil ur thread...

*hint hint....use silicone....kekeke

J. P. Morgan

hey. why issit eveytime i wanna go over 90km/h there will be like metal grinding metal sound? anyone know what might be the cause? till now if i go above 90km/h, it will be for a few seconds cause scared something will happen.

hey. why issit eveytime i wanna go over 90km/h there will be like metal grinding metal sound? anyone know what might be the cause? till now if i go above 90km/h, it will be for a few seconds cause scared something will happen.

mot probably..something is loose and start to vibrate at certain speed/rpm..

well maybe time to take out your tools and check and tightend loose screws..:sian:

there are some riders who dont maintain or change chains/sprockets...this is the first to protest at higher speeds...i would take a look at this too.

for those who tend to ride fast....u have to maintain bike probably if not either the bike cannot make it...or else something will give way...and if things going to go wrong..it will go wrong at higher speeds IMHO

well maybe time to take out your tools and check and tightend loose screws..:sian:

there are some riders who dont maintain or change chains/sprockets...this is the first to protest at higher speeds...i would take a look at this too.

for those who tend to ride fast....u have to maintain bike probably if not either the bike cannot make it...or else something will give way...and if things going to go wrong..it will go wrong at higher speeds IMHO

okay. tmr will head down to planet and ask ah chong. sound serious. thx dude for pointing out:)

mepkoh, i came about car articles that by replacing spark plug wires, you can get better mileage due to deterioration. Is this true? also, is it applicable to bikes at well? thanks.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

The reason why changing spark plug cables helps in economy is due to less throttle.

Better throttle response = less need to open throttle = less petrol consumption.

So doing whatever to increase throttle response (some claimed additives, cable, plug itself, etc) will improve FE somewhat.

The reason why changing spark plug cables helps in economy is due to less throttle.

Better throttle response = less need to open throttle = less petrol consumption.

So doing whatever to increase throttle response (some claimed additives, cable, plug itself, etc) will improve FE somewhat.

thanks. i think ill check out lab for the cost of a new cable.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

mepkoh, i came about car articles that by replacing spark plug wires, you can get better mileage due to deterioration. Is this true? also, is it applicable to bikes at well? thanks.

all parts and components deteoriate with time..some more so than others.

as far as high tension cables are concerned...there are more critical..

the cable often dries and become stiff with time, cracking off cable insulation will cause leakages..and sometimes it will end as misfire of bike.

thus to ensure your cable can spark at above 20k volts( IMHO) for good performance is a good check..if it ever falls below 15k v..cable change is neccessary.(discounting the high tension coil ).

it is a wise practise that the high tension cable is mounted away from the engine block and chasis...to minimise the possibility of leakages.

there may be a better FC...when u change it..but it may not.

FC depends on the whole system...most time change 1 component may not feel the impact.

so if u can test the cable and decide it is time to chnage ... if the high tension is less than expected..a new cable may improves FC and performance. i hope this answer your queries.

Edited by mepkoh

One of my fork may be short of fork oil. Every time I apply the front brake, it give off a noice. It may be due to uneven balance of the forks.

Can I just open the top bolt of the fork and top up some fork oil?

Are you sure it's your front forks? Cos applying front brake to stop and hearing a screeching noise is usually your front brakes. Either it is dirty or your brake pad has worn out till the metal is pressing against the brake disc.

But if you meant by holding down front brake and pumping the front suspension and hearing some noise, it could be not enough fork oil or some debris got into the fork seals thus causing the noise. I'd suggest going to a reliable mechanic to do the top up. :)

instead of checking voltages...

a quick check of resistance on the high tension cables can give a good indication of the cable condition . a rule of thumb is the resistance should not be more than 5000 ohms per inch...so u have a 30 inches of cable...the max resistance will be 5000 x 30=450k ohms. thus you will notice the cable is cut to the shortest length possible.

anothe test u can do..is to check for leakages....ground a screw driver to ground..and then have the screw drive move over the cable---do this in a darken area so u can spot the spark jumping out of the cable to the screw driver..this will indicate the cable insulation is gone for its purpose