SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] General Queries From Newbies

Binteng

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

. , ,,,,

Edited by bluesurfer
wrong thread

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

of cause it's useful.. But not worth the money.. use oiler cheaper.. $3 only for the Oil

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Well for me I oil my chain myself using the OWS oils. But my rims are so dirty. How about yours ?? And how does the easy oiler works?

check out the clinic thread dude...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

guys, if u don want messy stuffs on ur rims, try using Maxima Chain Wax.. thats wat im using nw.. can spray a lot oso wont fling as long as u let it settle first on a warm chain... doesnt attract much dirt too..

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

used to apply those stuff. But not anymore.. prefer using Ezzy Oiler ;D save time , save $$ and feels great.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

heheh just got my ezzyoiler.. feel really good. Btw guys.. how do you all clean your rims? any special product.. coz my whole bike is so shiny but the rim black like ... Lols so is there any product we can use to easily remove all these grease

Class 3 - 29 May 2009

Class 2B -10 May 2010

Class 2A - 30 June 2011

2010-2011 Phantom 150

2011- Now GSR400

heheh just got my ezzyoiler.. feel really good. Btw guys.. how do you all clean your rims? any special product.. coz my whole bike is so shiny but the rim black like ... Lols so is there any product we can use to easily remove all these grease

cleaning of rims.

i highly recomand MAMA LEMON.

5pumps with 500ml of water, shake well befor use.

prepare bout 1 to 2L of water to rinse..

good to go.

im serious, no kid.

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

so sponge will become super black.. but rims will look very clean? =)

yea, sponge dirty nvrmind, can wash, rinse with water etc..

or rathr, use th green side, th rougher one..

yes, rims wld be clean.. definitely..

end off with wiping as a wet clothe, either with water or best, thinner / petrol.

black&white saves life.

enquire @ [email protected] | 94786'999

• 2 weeks later...

new to phantom, need help, i need to change the rider and pillion footrest, mirrors, brake and clutch levers, restore the look of my exhuast as its is full of un-removable stains, maybe a new top box or side storage. where can i do all this in 1 day?

really urgent, hate the look of my bike now....

any suggestions of a good place to do all these? with good price.

SPARK 135

Originally Posted by deathmaster

hi all,

just gotten my first bike (phantom) and have been riding for around 2 weeks.

I notice that my bike often experience high idling(high rev in neutral), after running 15-20km.

when engine is start cold, it is quite lean, and rpm is slightly low. Have to open throttle to maintain rpm, else it will stall.

but during and after a journey, especially when under the hot sun, the idling rpm slowly increases to a point where the engine vibration is abit annoying.

one of my friend says its probably due to air leakage in the carburator.

Any idea whats the problem? and roughly how much is the cost of the repairs?

I got somewhat opposite problem.. had to tune to high idling on start up otherwise cant maintain rpm on cold start. during journey wen need to stop at traffic light, rpm will drop till engine die off unless i manual control throttle. but when in gear, it will maintain high enough rpm acting like a cruise control. And accompanied by backfire when ever i slow down / close throttle.

It was diagnosed as choke stuck yesterday. After changing to new choke, the rpm/throttling issue is resolved but there is still sound from the exhaust when i close throttle. The sound is different from the previous backfiring.. instead of "pop" or "boom", it now sounds like water boiling..

Wat do u guys think the problem is now?

Liverpool revival has started....