SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Bikes that cut you

arthur_chan

recently i've encountered a few incidents where a biker overtakes me in front while my back was clear just to filter left. he didn't susprise me as i always check on-coming vehicles. i'm riding pulsar and it's always those cubs and i think they're malay. i usually can't be bother with them.

i dont know what they're trying to pull (show off or what), i'm usually riding on the expressway on 70-80km/h, constant. however i feel a danger if they cut in close, or if just happens i throttle, i might hit him and we both end up in hospital. the problem also it me hitting him, so more fault lies with me also, although his fault for cutting me. how would you react in a situation like this?

Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.

However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude..nuttin to do wif being malay or chinese or indian. its a battlefield on e expressway. even a lorry or bus would cut in front of u if dey find u too slow and missing you by a mere cm. at the end of e day, e rider always loses if anytin touchwood happens. so juz ride safe n be aware of ur surroundins. dun stereotype race as e risk factor

http://images.theage.com.au/2011/05/16/2366334/art_stoner-200x0.jpg

Keep away from lanes 1 n 2 then. You're obviously too slow for the fast lane.

There are quite a few bikers who do not like to give way.

Well, my take is simple:

If you are slower than others and there's a queue behind you, exercise some courtesy and give way to others behind you.

Nothing irritates people more than a bike stuck in the lane splitting 'lane', oblivious to the row of bikes behind him.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

recently i've encountered a few incidents where a biker overtakes me in front while my back was clear just to filter left. he didn't susprise me as i always check on-coming vehicles. i'm riding pulsar and it's always those cubs and i think they're malay. i usually can't be bother with them.

i dont know what they're trying to pull (show off or what), i'm usually riding on the expressway on 70-80km/h, constant. however i feel a danger if they cut in close, or if just happens i throttle, i might hit him and we both end up in hospital. the problem also it me hitting him, so more fault lies with me also, although his fault for cutting me. how would you react in a situation like this?

do nutting n carryon ridding , give thks to whatever god u belief in that u r still alive, that guy is rushing home to help his ovulating misteres who is involve with the rebirth cycle, by penistrating n spraying something.

if you hinder him , the mistress may have to do it with the dog.....so pls be understanding and compassionate

btw keep to the slow lane before someone kick u off the bike....

Life sux..Take control ..and live it and pick yourselves up now.. die later

if the roads end ....i go off road

Honda Shadow ACE 400 1997

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

"Bikers Don't bleed, we mark our territory"...

"Bikers Don't leave our body behind , we just a smear on the road"

"Bikers Don't cry When we Die, we just let others do it on our behalf"

"Bikers Don't stop Riding,We keep cruzing after we Die"

slow not equal safe.

u gotta try to ride according to the tempo ard u. and as others suggested, ur tempo does not fit the lane1/ 2 tempo.

the basic idea is the more overtakes u perform on others or others perform on you, the more risk.

Be Safe & Wreckless

Sin Ming Editor 1 day jail, $2k fine for pillion death!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5326937&posted=1#post5326937

i think u all are mistaken, i'm on the left most lane, where do u expect me to avoid to? road shoulder? the bike coming is from behind me, not the other lane, if he was on the other lane, i always have the courtesy to let him go. there's also ample space left behind for him to filter, or he can just cut from my back left side, why the f someone wants to cut a vehicle's front and late filter left. for obvious reason, he thinks i'm slow and wants to play, and i never play on the road.

dude..nuttin to do wif being malay or chinese or indian. its a battlefield on e expressway. even a lorry or bus would cut in front of u if dey find u too slow and missing you by a mere cm. at the end of e day, e rider always loses if anytin touchwood happens. so juz ride safe n be aware of ur surroundins. dun stereotype race as e risk factor

at least lorry and car are big, u can always anticipate if they want to do a stun like this. bikes are small, sometimes u dont even notice them.

Edited by arthur_chan

Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.

However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?

i'm riding pulsar and it's always those cubs and i think they're malay. i usually can't be bother with them.

So Youre Trying To Say/Hint That Malays On Cubs Have Attitude Problem? How Sure Are You About That?

Is It Really A Must To Mention The Race? You Only Think They Are Malay. How Sure Are You? The Helmet Got Write "I AM MALAY"? :faint:

I Face These Kind Of Riders Too But I Dont Make So Much Noise Out Of It.

i think u all are mistaken, i'm on the left most lane, where do u expect me to avoid to? road shoulder? the bike coming is from behind me, not the other lane, if he was on the other lane, i always have the courtesy to let him go. there's also ample space left behind for him to filter, or he can just cut from my back left side, why the f someone wants to cut a vehicle's front and late filter left. for obvious reason, he thinks i'm slow and wants to play, and i never play on the road.

i personally think that riding too slowly will attracts more harm to one self and to other road users. so be sensible enough to adjust your speed when possible and best still, stay away from expressways(especially during peak hours) because most motorist are rushing home from workplace. moreover i strongly do not agree that only malays ride like mad because its a rojak community out there, and who knows?! so i suggest that do not judge a book by its cover. lastly, Have a Safe Ride Everyone.

To Me If There's An Exit Coming & Im Not Gonna Exit, I Wont Ride On The Most Extreme Left Lane Coz I Will Be Blocking Those Who Wanna Exit Quick.

So I Believe TS Wasnt Gonna Exit & He Is Sumhow Blocking The Fella Who Wanted To Exit Quick. Thats Why The Fella Decided To Overtake Him.

For Me If I Plan To Ride Slow, I Ride On The Most Extreme Left Lane. Then When I See An Exit Coming Which I Dont Plan To Exit, I Will Change To The Next Lane On The Right So That Those Who Wanna Exit Can Enter That Lane & Exit Smoothly.

Because By Hogging On The Left Lane, Those Who Wanna Exit Will Have To Think Should He Enter Before Or After You. If He Enter Before, He Will Have To Slow Down More. Im Sure Most Of Them Will Speed Up & Enter After You. Not Much Ppl Have Patience On The Road You Know. Im Sure No One Can Deny That.

If you see someone coming from behind, please move aside. I've had many people giving way to me, and I've also given way to many people... and some are nice enough to wave to say thanks.

It's those who tear past you by a hair's breadth without giving you a chance to move that I really cannot tahan.

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/4926/1961_7_168x113.jpghttp://img24.exs.cx/img24/6209/158_3_168x112.jpghttp://img99.exs.cx/img99/6289/index_04.gifhttp://img31.exs.cx/img31/5149/122006304_T.jpg

"Thy fate is the common fate of all;

into each life some rain must fall" - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

If you see someone coming from behind, please move aside. I've had many people giving way to me, and I've also given way to many people... and some are nice enough to wave to say thanks.

It's those who tear past you by a hair's breadth without giving you a chance to move that I really cannot tahan.

Having tried out the Slow=Safe mantra since March this year doing a lot of crazy stuff like no-lanesplitting etc, the best way to save irritation on both parties (the one in a hurry and you being "cut") is simply to see the other motorcycle coming and shift position in lane so other bike can go past you safely. It's a bit of a close encounter feeling at first but so long as both riders are able to keep steady position and maneuver smoothly throughout, it ain't a problem.

Also consider that no rider or driver is perfect there will be one or two motorists you encounter who act like a total menace on the road, or in my case, it's even NORMAL because it's a whole swarm of Johore cubs I'm riding with.

Don't be irritated by issues that seem 'wrong' to you - we all face the same things. If you are on small cc you need to practise some defensive riding. Actually on ALL bikes, horsepower isn't the solution to everything. It's the rider that matters because we're in traffic, not on the track.

Look beyond the instantaneous feelings of irritation and see if by moving half a metre, you could convert a close encounter into a moment of bike vs bike cooperation. Get that guy past you, you get a clear shot ahead again.

Example:

I was on the CTE the other day, speed 40kph on lane 2 because it was almost jammed completely packed. I observed a FJR with pillion and huge panniers doing a balancing act fitting the large motorcycle on lane 1.5 so I shifted to the left half of lane 2 so the FJR can easily pass me without alarming the car on Lane 1 (I take up the entire lane, panniers and all) so I shared the space.

I then saw a M'sian cub coming up on Lane 2.5, again clear blind spot, shift right and tap my brakes and the cub rider got the signal to pass me safely.

The fun thing is that once all the car drivers see you're trying to make it safe for other riders, they try and "convoy" with you as well :D

While the above examples are purely my personal take on safe commuting in Singapore (O'seas trips diff bike and diff rules :p) perhaps TS and others can get some inspiration. Try not to feel irritated, perhaps next time you'll be on a race-tuned bike stuck in a heavy traffic situation, which is NOT fun because the engine and frame heats up quite fast at low speeds...

Although this applies to huge bikes, not "remp-it" cubs :p

I am/was a cub rider and cubs are more or less perfectly adapted to slicing through traffic like knife vs butter. However rider courtesy is up to the individual. I might make a point to say "hi" to you by appearing in one of your mirrors before signaling permission to pass, but normally in real life situations it's "cub sees opening, will gun for it" instinct at work.

The cub may be getting on your nerves doing an aforesaid close encounter but try to see beyond that, let the cub go, you just need to brake slightly and make sure the other bike doesn't misjudge and hit anything (not just yourself). I use hazard lights to signal the other drivers I may take evasive action. Most important of course, to see the other bike coming so you won't be irritated when the other guy makes a move. Just do your due diligence keeping yourself save - at some point we don't really care about how others ride or drive, so long as everyone gets to their destination in one piece :3

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

So Youre Trying To Say/Hint That Malays On Cubs Have Attitude Problem? How Sure Are You About That?

Is It Really A Must To Mention The Race? You Only Think They Are Malay. How Sure Are You? The Helmet Got Write "I AM MALAY"? :faint:

I Face These Kind Of Riders Too But I Dont Make So Much Noise Out Of It.

NICE ONE there!!

haha... Try ride a bit faster.. I find that riding faster is much more safe than riding slow... Dun say bike, all vehicle will over take you dangerously.. ESP when u r near a exit or filter lane...

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???

haha... Try ride a bit faster.. I find that riding faster is much more safe than riding slow... Dun say bike, all vehicle will over take you dangerously.. ESP when u r near a exit or filter lane...

Seconded - just manage yr speed responsibly. Beware of following distance in lane 1 during rush hour - sometimes some cars don't keep safety distance and everyone will go from 100kph to 0 in 3 seconds :D

What's THAT supposed to mean? Are you trying to imply something here?

PS: YOUR fault for riding slow bike. I ride a SLOW bike and i am PREPARED to have people cut me. They do it all the time! Haha. But in my case, they can be from just a variety of races and bikes. Not just/always MALAYS on a KAPCAI, like in your case.

Edited by crazydj

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

I always check on-coming vehicles

yah you must check on-(or)coming vehicles from front

and back (with the miller )

then you know of your surroundings. so you can react to it.

like someone coming fast from your behind. you can give way.

and 70~ 80 is a bit too slow for express way legal limit is around 90

70 in tunnel (kpe that's all I know)

so ride a bit more faster around 90.

BTW

What's THAT supposed to mean? Are you trying to imply something here?

Well, TS Still Doesnt Find The Need To Edit His First Post. :angry:

It's ok to insult other people like country making bike

but don't like to insulted the own country men

of cause insult other race is illegal in Singapore.

But it's OK to insult other country people because of the history ?

Oh well ・・・・・:dot:

or call "ang moh" ? ・・・・・・Hmmmmm:dot:

It's ok to insult other people like country making bike

but don't like to insulted the own country men

of cause insult other race is illegal in Singapore.

But it's OK to insult other country people because of the history ?

Oh well ・・・・・:dot:

or call "ang moh" ? ・・・・・・Hmmmmm:dot:

What Talking You? I Insult People From Other Country Before?? :dot:

You Like If I Insult Your Race? Just Think Of It. What Does The Race Had To Do With The Topic That TS Wants To Bring Up? What's His Motive By Saying That He Think The Rider Is Malay?

So That Others Will Think That Yeah Malay Riders On Cubs All Have Attitude Problems.

So Its Alright For Me To Say Chinese Guys On Pulsars All Got Attitude Problem. Ride So Slow On The Highway.

Make Sense Anot? No Right? :faint:

You do know that by posting such things you are inviting others to flame you right? Some more can mention race. Better hope no one reports to the mods. Its against one of the regulations to post things that might start a racial war. :angel: Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Maybe they see your bike slow thats why cut you lor. Next time ride faster in order to reduce all this cutting. Maybe stick nearer to the white line of the road shoulder confirm they wont cut you...

kekekeke

Anyway upzzz for ur pulsar for the comsumption and low maintenance...

kekekeke

Anyhow post w/o looking Ahead. Then nw c la wat iz happening. Racial Commotion :lol:

U seriously dun nid 2 mention anyting about the Race, U tink, thought or confirm. Juz mentioned a !@#$ed Up Biker / Rider cn oredi wat...

Neway if U're filtering Damn Slow, i tink nt only KupKia but other Model of Bikes also will overtake U :lol: :lol: :lol:

NSR 150 SP [FR5682H]: 7/7/04 - 15/11/05

GSX R400 RR [FL5988H]: 28/10/05 - 6/8/08

X1 Supreme [FBB4408Y]: 7/4/07 - 21/3/08

GSX R1000 K3 [FW9829A]: 27/9/07 - 20/2/08

GSX R1000 K7 [FBB??Z]: MIA o_O

GSX R1000 K8 [FBC????M]: 22/2/08 - 21/6/2013

125ZR [FBC 3720X]: 6/8/08 – 19/3/11

FJR 1300 ABS [FBC 3723M]: 21/6/2013

Sparks T135 [FBB 8146B]: 24/4/2015