SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Bikes that cut you

arthur_chan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ride a bigger bike so kup kias wont cut you.

Was at lane between 1 and 2. There were 02 cars at lane 1 and 2 and I was slightly behind them going to take over them by lane splitting.

a kup kia tried to cut me from my right to lane split.

Of course being a bigger bike helps, a small twist of my throttle made sure he did not cut me..

kekeke...

• 2 weeks later...

you dont have to have a "big bike" to ride fast.. and a "big bike" doesnt necessary meant that you "have to be fast"

I dont consider myself riding a big bike.. but i'm riding a fz6.. when i got it.. it wasn't purely because of "speed" rather it was a perfect balanced for weight, comfortable and outlook for me..

TS mentioned that he travelled 70-80kmph and got cut by a kup kia.. everyday when i ride on PIE towards Jurong.. a lot of bikes just cut me.. and i just let them be.. not because i'm not "fast enough" but rather.. i feel must more comfortable travelling at my own pace.. not to the extend of 50kmph.. but if i'm slow i wont road hog that's for sure.. if i'm lane spliitng and a kup kia (be it msian or singaporean) i will just signal left or right so that they can pass through..

and i really dont understand what's the hype with ts travelling 70-80kmph at the expressway.. the extreme left lane is supposed to be for slower vehicles and if you guys haven't noticed.. bikes are classified as "slower" vehicle by LTA..

Selling Fanciful and Vintage Helmets. Interested pls Pm me!

Try telling these guys about what is right and wrong about riding on the road.

I guess as a road user, exercise some sense of judgement, watch out for traffic and enjoy the ride.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1140039.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/SV650_photos/P1130008.jpg

recently i've encountered a few incidents where a biker overtakes me in front while my back was clear just to filter left. he didn't susprise me as i always check on-coming vehicles. i'm riding pulsar and it's always those cubs and i think they're malay. i usually can't be bother with them.

i dont know what they're trying to pull (show off or what), i'm usually riding on the expressway on 70-80km/h, constant. however i feel a danger if they cut in close, or if just happens i throttle, i might hit him and we both end up in hospital. the problem also it me hitting him, so more fault lies with me also, although his fault for cutting me. how would you react in a situation like this?

i worse. was riding relax on the expressway at abt 100km/hr cause jus had accident ma so i scare. was at 3rd lane den suddenly one cub cut me and back fire me . haha cb don know how he make his pipe backfire one hoh. if got gun i take out shoot him liao

overtake ? :dot: you will never overtake any last vehicle because u will never be the first no matter how .

recently i've encountered a few incidents where a biker overtakes me in front while my back was clear just to filter left. he didn't susprise me as i always check on-coming vehicles. i'm riding pulsar and it's always those cubs and i think they're malay. i usually can't be bother with them.

i dont know what they're trying to pull (show off or what), i'm usually riding on the expressway on 70-80km/h, constant. however i feel a danger if they cut in close, or if just happens i throttle, i might hit him and we both end up in hospital. the problem also it me hitting him, so more fault lies with me also, although his fault for cutting me. how would you react in a situation like this?

if i ever cut u close and dangerous means;

1. u are slow.

2. u are not checking ur mirrors enough to see faster riders behind.

3. u know there are faster bikes behind but u prefer to continue ur slow speed.

my advice is stay away from lane 1.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

I'm sorry you feel that way. Being spiteful.

Anyway, I am assuming that you are pin-pointing at me. You might wanna re-read the above post about what I said about cutting. Also, I don't think you know what I'm actually saying.

Read: Adaptability and responsible riding. Not being selfish and conceited. The road is not a track.

Anyway, that awful and simplistic explanation aside. I wish more could do about dangerous users of the road, just yesterday this poor bloke riding an R1 was taunted into a race by another driving a Honda...Civic.

It was on the highway at about 1am, towards Tuas on PIE. I was riding at 105km/h and behind the said R1 rider, a Civic zoomed pass me dangerously and into the lane of the R1, causing him to swerve into another lane. The Civic refused any leeway and continued to be an irritant to the rider before he just throttle up and sped away. Similarly the Civic did that too. I tried to follow but my nerves tingles at speed of 150km/h...

This is an situation of obvious malicious intent. Really, sometimes I feel safer touring up North, at least speeding vehicles would't care a two hoots about you. Any suggestion to how these events could be minimized?

1. Government intervention? Not likely, TPs deployed everywhere and everyday? Thats not cost effective.

2. Government Education? We already have an "efficient" one in place that does absolutely everything a Log can do.

3. Road Vigilante? Willing to risk it all?

4. Learning from examples of other countries? Differing culture and the lack of willingness to learn without monetary gains from the Controllers.

5. Harsher punishments? Its only a deterrent when you are caught... E.g Too many drivers/riders using the phone while moving on the road. (Hey! It is a offence punishable by suspension of licence and jail term)

6. Whats not?

150km/h n ur nerves tingle?? lol u noob la...travel at tat speed more often and u'll get used to it...

no offence..

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

i dont understand why some users of the road travel so slow yet they are still using lane 1. 70+km/h on expressway lane 1? its an overtaking lane. wth are they travelling 70+km/h on lane 1? even they are doing so, its fine with me. what irks me is, when i am behind them, i tap my hi beam, no response!! signal right tap hi beam a few more times, still no response. pi$$ed off! i ever overtook cars travelling that slow and pointed them to lane 2. on separate occasions, i also seen cars moving to lane 2 after i overtook them, cause the car behind them travelling fast too. wtf!!! my light not powerful enough is it? must put 4x HID then you will notice?

when i am on lane 1, i dont care what speed i am travelling, as long as there's someone faster behind me, i will give way when lane 2 is clear. if i am at lane 1.5, i will slot into lane 1 to let the faster bikes go pass. what so difficult about that?

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

i dont understand why some users of the road travel so slow yet they are still using lane 1. 70+km/h on expressway lane 1? its an overtaking lane. wth are they travelling 70+km/h on lane 1? even they are doing so, its fine with me. what irks me is, when i am behind them, i tap my hi beam, no response!! signal right tap hi beam a few more times, still no response. pi$$ed off! i ever overtook cars travelling that slow and pointed them to lane 2. on separate occasions, i also seen cars moving to lane 2 after i overtook them, cause the car behind them travelling fast too. wtf!!! my light not powerful enough is it? must put 4x HID then you will notice?

when i am on lane 1, i dont care what speed i am travelling, as long as there's someone faster behind me, i will give way when lane 2 is clear. if i am at lane 1.5, i will slot into lane 1 to let the faster bikes go pass. what so difficult about that?

They see we bikers dont give way to us

haizzz sad but thats the way it is

They see we bikers dont give way to us

haizzz sad but thats the way it is

Very true. There is no such thing as right of way for us. Either way we will still get hurt. Ride with caution. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Ride safe people. I ride to work everyday, but drive once in a while to send my girlfriend home on weekends. As a biker I'm usually very cautious about traffic around me, but sometimes I get quite disturbed by bikes that like to hide in my blind spot or suddenly cut in front of me.

Many drivers do not/can't check their blind spots, especially vans and lorries, so try to make yourself visible to them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just be careful on the road... especially P Plate drivers... and i forgot.. lady drivers..LOL....

I caught a lady one hand hold steering wheel the other hnd holding make up... while her eyes searching for something inside her handbag at the passenger seat... while her car slowly swerving to the right and near to hitting me.. i horn and she give me a ' what? ' look on the face.

• Yamaha RXZ 135
  • Honda Wave 125
  • Honda CB400 Spec 3
  • Yamaha FZ6 
  • Yamaha FZ1S
  • Yamaha XMAX 300 & Yamaha R15

Racial Harmony towards everyone! Dont be racist. I was riding on my bike last night and a car swerve to my lane abruptly without signalling. He slowed down, roll down the window and shouted, "sorry"!". See thats the way sporeans shold be.

Peace!

I ride both a bike and drive a car so i also give bikes a good clearance. Depends on my luck I get pretty courteous drivers who wave when you give way, though there really are some messed up drivers on the road. E.g. CNY last year, on my way home on small roads, this girl smiling and talking in a stationary car, the moment she put to drive I knew something was wrong, slowed my car in case, true enough, she swerved out of her parking spot and thank you BBDC! With my feet already on the brake pedal jammed brake to a close finish barely an inch before I t-boned her car.

Still smiled as if I was about to give her ang bao!

When the winds resist my impetus and sights become passing shadows. Every other sound is voided, all but the undeniable roar of my engine.

My physical vision recepts naught, but my mind is tranquil.

I see my inner soul.

So Youre Trying To Say/Hint That Malays On Cubs Have Attitude Problem? How Sure Are You About That?

Is It Really A Must To Mention The Race? You Only Think They Are Malay. How Sure Are You? The Helmet Got Write "I AM MALAY"? :faint:

I Face These Kind Of Riders Too But I Dont Make So Much Noise Out Of It.

Well said my friend !!!

Yamaha X1R 06/10 to 04/11

Gilera ST200 04/11 to ??/??

:lovestruck: CAN'T LIVE W/O OF MY GIVI BOX!!!!! http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz52/ghishere/IMG_0413.jpg

Just be careful on the road... especially P Plate drivers... and i forgot.. lady drivers..LOL....

I caught a lady one hand hold steering wheel the other hnd holding make up... while her eyes searching for something inside her handbag at the passenger seat... while her car slowly swerving to the right and near to hitting me.. i horn and she give me a ' what? ' look on the face.

she was searching for her Dildo :cheeky:

Yamaha X1R 06/10 to 04/11

Gilera ST200 04/11 to ??/??

:lovestruck: CAN'T LIVE W/O OF MY GIVI BOX!!!!! http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz52/ghishere/IMG_0413.jpg

There are quite a few bikers who do not like to give way.

Well, my take is simple:

If you are slower than others and there's a queue behind you, exercise some courtesy and give way to others behind you.

Nothing irritates people more than a bike stuck in the lane splitting 'lane', oblivious to the row of bikes behind him.

yup yup.. that should be achieved.. like I'm riding a 2B.. but a haya or even a 2B bike that's fast and rushing.. I'll change from lane spilt to lane 1 or 2 depending on which one can be "squeeze" and let them pass.. they might be late or really in a rush or maybe "late one more time, and you are fired!" *that kinda of situations.... :)

i think u all are mistaken, i'm on the left most lane, where do u expect me to avoid to? road shoulder? the bike coming is from behind me, not the other lane, if he was on the other lane, i always have the courtesy to let him go. there's also ample space left behind for him to filter, or he can just cut from my back left side, why the f someone wants to cut a vehicle's front and late filter left. for obvious reason, he thinks i'm slow and wants to play, and i never play on the road.

i personally think that riding too slowly will attracts more harm to one self and to other road users. so be sensible enough to adjust your speed when possible and best still, stay away from expressways(especially during peak hours) because most motorist are rushing home from workplace. moreover i strongly do not agree that only malays ride like mad because its a rojak community out there, and who knows?! so i suggest that do not judge a book by its cover. lastly, Have a Safe Ride Everyone.

yup yup... example.. I'm fast when I need time.. I'm slow when I find that I have time to ride relax.. :)

I'm chinese.. I ride like malaysian if required... :p so.. no diff regardless what race, or etc..

To Me If There's An Exit Coming & Im Not Gonna Exit, I Wont Ride On The Most Extreme Left Lane Coz I Will Be Blocking Those Who Wanna Exit Quick.

So I Believe TS Wasnt Gonna Exit & He Is Sumhow Blocking The Fella Who Wanted To Exit Quick. Thats Why The Fella Decided To Overtake Him.

For Me If I Plan To Ride Slow, I Ride On The Most Extreme Left Lane. Then When I See An Exit Coming Which I Dont Plan To Exit, I Will Change To The Next Lane On The Right So That Those Who Wanna Exit Can Enter That Lane & Exit Smoothly.

Because By Hogging On The Left Lane, Those Who Wanna Exit Will Have To Think Should He Enter Before Or After You. If He Enter Before, He Will Have To Slow Down More. Im Sure Most Of Them Will Speed Up & Enter After You. Not Much Ppl Have Patience On The Road You Know. Im Sure No One Can Deny That.

yup yup... this is the correct way.. :) lolx..

Seconded - just manage yr speed responsibly. Beware of following distance in lane 1 during rush hour - sometimes some cars don't keep safety distance and everyone will go from 100kph to 0 in 3 seconds :D

agreed!! cars!! 0~100 in 3 seconds.. that's the fatal part.. + if it's a female p-plate in a fast car.. good luck..

What's THAT supposed to mean? Are you trying to imply something here?

PS: YOUR fault for riding slow bike. I ride a SLOW bike and i am PREPARED to have people cut me. They do it all the time! Haha. But in my case, they can be from just a variety of races and bikes. Not just/always MALAYS on a KAPCAI, like in your case.

IMO,

Lane 1 = >90km/h

Lane 2 (& 3 if applicable) = 70-85km/h

Lane 3 (4 if applicable) = 90km/h

Why lane 3 so fast?

I experienced vans, lorries, bus, bikes and anything else overtaking me when I'm riding @ 90km/h(gps-tracked) on Lane 3.

Lane 3 is the most dangerous lane for a motorcycle. Stay in Lanes 2.5, 2, 1.5 and u should have less problems.

My suggestion:

Try to ride on Lane 2.5

:thumbs:

she was searching for her Dildo :cheeky:

whaha.. nice one bro! :)

Anyway, chill and relax.. we are all riders.. no matter what, at the end of the day, we are flesh covered.. not metal covered like "some drivers" who doesn't care about our lifes.. correct? :)

Just give way if you not faster than the one behind.. of cuz.. the one behind, be abit patient as the one infront "might" not see you or could not find another "slot" to fit him in.. :)

Chill and peace~~ Ride safe and give way to riders who are faster than u.. :)

no matter what race, wat bike. We are RIDERS!! :p

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055