SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Adding little 2T oil into fuel tank for 4-stroke bike and feel the smoothness

Bro, I think 28km/ltr is good, doubt it is extremely lean. My Old Suz Bandit 400 managed 24km/ltr. My Suz Dr200 can hit 30km/ltr. Review states Wave 125 can hit 40km/ltr.. BTW what's your bike make model?

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dun believe adding 2t for a 4-strokes engine is any good but depend on bike setup circumstances.

i did tried a theory calculation n real life run on stoichiometric fc (14.7:1 A/F mix by wt) for my roadwin 4-strokes 125cc engine, i'm off by a decimal point.

my butt dyno n spark plug electrode color (brown) seem spot 'ON' the mark for my 125cc engine.

most stock bikes runs lean tat why the engine is very hot.

many years of riding, on avg for carb type bikes 400cc should avg around 20~22km/l n 1000cc should avg around 12~14 km/l @ avg 100~120 kph.

nowadays EFI r more accurate in metering fuel but still on the lean side. it's better install Power commander V with auto-tune for optima performance.

when a bike is set to runs lean, u dun enjoy riding it coz it is under power with a very hot engine.

Edited by stsoh

i'll contribute 10 bucks as well, and post additional details on my 2t, no 2t fuel runs.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

update.

2nd tank of 2t infused petrol. 36km/L.

so this shows that adding 2t is not the definite reason for the sudden increase in fuel efficiency.

hmmmmmmm.

So... if you guys are serious about it,

wanna tear apart engine/carb, we need to decide how long it has ran with the 2T additive before taking apart. How long for the 2T gunk/carbon deposits to build up?

1 month? 3 months? 6 months? 1 year? 2 years? 5 years?

or

5,000km? 10,000km? 20,000km? 50,000km? 100,000km?

To be fair, we also need 'before' and 'after' pictures... which means we need to take the engine apart first before starting the experiment, then run with fuel + 2T additive, then take it apart again. Not once only. Because nobody can say for sure whether the engine is already gunked up before starting the test.

And then what type of 2T?

Mixture need to be fixed. Ratio?

There are many other variables that needs to be controlled in order to make this an objective test.

Just a little input...:)

After thinking about it... checking the spark plug will be the cheapest (even free) option... Apart from the Fuel line, Carb, intake valve, combustion chamber, exhaust valve, finally exhaust... the plug happens to be where the 2T is burnt. Any incomplete burning of fuel/2T/Impurities will all show on the plug tip. just take it out and check...

Edited by Limsteel

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

Research 101, if I may, I wish to highlight some important factor for evaluation.

The primary hypotheses is: adding 2T increases fuel efficiency.

1) Evaluation FC for 30 days Before "2T-treatment" and After treatment. (Pre-Post treatment test).

2) The "tester/rider" must evaluate if the output (e.g. torque, top-speed) had any deviation from the norms.

3) Temperate reading from a gauge to detect accurate change in engine temp.

4) Tester should also account for the environmental condition during 1) pumping of petrol 2) usage of vehicle

-as different climatic condition affect molecular behavior- data should be logged and collated.

5) Tester should take note of riding style (rpm of gear change) to avoid contributing human error in the finding.

6) This research should not last more than 3 months as other wears on the vehicle may influence the finding.

Other experts in this field can help to chip in.... e.g. vehicle make, model, year, 92/95/V-power, tyre pressure etc.

Best Regard

i dun believe adding 2t for a 4-strokes engine is any good but depend on bike setup circumstances.

i did tried a theory calculation n real life run on stoichiometric fc (14.7:1 A/F mix by wt) for my roadwin 4-strokes 125cc engine, i'm off by a decimal point.

my butt dyno n spark plug electrode color (brown) seem spot 'ON' the mark for my 125cc engine.

most stock bikes runs lean tat why the engine is very hot.

many years of riding, on avg for carb type bikes 400cc should avg around 20~22km/l n 1000cc should avg around 12~14 km/l @ avg 100~120 kph.

nowadays EFI r more accurate in metering fuel but still on the lean side. it's better install Power commander V with auto-tune for optima performance.

when a bike is set to runs lean, u dun enjoy riding it coz it is under power with a very hot engine.

try it once :o

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Den is it ok to add abit of 2T inside the fuel tank for 2 stroker?

Not premix

To ride on the road, You need skills,Stamina, or even luck.

But to be a good rider, you have to change with your environment,and adjust yourself to its rhythm.

Cultivate the confidence to face the different situations. Don't let yourself to be subdued by the environment :thumb:

Design of Experiment in this scenario? Don't think anyone has the dedicated resources to conduct conclusively.

Gonna need identical engines running identical loads over extended periods. And even then, won't be representative.

Save the engineering specifics for elsewhere. If suggesting that FOR the hypothesis requires specific scientific results, then it must apply to the reverse. If one wants to disprove the hypothesis, then better have a paper to back it up and not he-say she-say evidence.

It's all purely anecdotal here. Take everything with an open view and do NOT put down others' views unless you can conclusively prove it.

One method which might be easily doable is to obtain a boroscope(fibre optic scope, like those you see in spy movies), stick it into the intake tracts to view deposit build up or lack of around intake valve/seat/seal. Likewise, can view via sparkplug hole, combustion chamber. Less invasive than tearing apart engine to see.

Smile! Tomorrow will be worse.

SBT #1149 Price List

Den is it ok to add abit of 2T inside the fuel tank for 2 stroker?

Not premix

if u alr hv ur 2T pump working, plus u add more 2T to ur petrol directly, ur 2T mixture will be too much la.. scared ltr will foul ur spark plug

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

if u alr hv ur 2T pump working, plus u add more 2T to ur petrol directly, ur 2T mixture will be too much la.. scared ltr will foul ur spark plug

Depends ah, your 2T pump doesn't mix that high a ratio, besides, put a lil bit won't hurt. Its like a play safe thing if you're riding high rev and long distance.

latest update,

2t infused petrol = 39.61 km/l. earlier range was 36.17km/l and 41.87km/l

no 2t = 34.45km/l

with 2t, higher fuel efficiency.

latest update,

2t infused petrol = 39.61 km/l. earlier range was 36.17km/l and 41.87km/l

no 2t = 34.45km/l

with 2t, higher fuel efficiency.

Awesome right. with my steed 400 im getting about 30kpl consistently

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

guys anyway to take a peek at the plugs?

Life sux..Take control ..and live it and pick yourselves up now.. die later

if the roads end ....i go off road

Honda Shadow ACE 400 1997

V-strom 1k

Dr 200

"Bikers Don't bleed, we mark our territory"...

"Bikers Don't leave our body behind , we just a smear on the road"

"Bikers Don't cry When we Die, we just let others do it on our behalf"

"Bikers Don't stop Riding,We keep cruzing after we Die"

remove the spark plug and just look at the colour of the tip?

Actually is take a look at the white ceramic part just after the tip. The inside portion of course.

My bike stock was running lean. cannot go above 95. 40km/L

After tunning abit more to the rich side (extra by 1/4 turn) 32KM/L but can reach 110km/h.

I think most pf us are curious, with ur increase in fc efficiency. Does ur engine runs lean or suffer plug fouling.

Do post a pic if possible. Guess that will satisfied most of our curiousity

Like some say, DOE is important when doing precise study.

Ok, so in that case, for those who want to say that 2T harms engine, have to do DOE also to show that it is damaging to the engine. How about that? If cannot, then, go back to school to study.

As mentioned, here ppl are talking about anecdotal experiences. If particular parties feel that this is not precise, then perhaps they should relook their assertions that 2T in fuel is BAD for the engine. Any DOE or papers published on that? If not, how can you be SURE.

Saying again and again, here is to share their experiences. If you do not have something constructive, e.g. negative or positive Personal experience, then do not go traipsing around putting down other ppl. If don't know what I am saying, go back to school to study.

Smile! Tomorrow will be worse.

SBT #1149 Price List

colortune would be cool. but then again, got distributor here?

i also realised recently, after i lean the mixture abit, my bike cannot go above 100km/h.

i remember the 1st time i put in 2t, the bike was able to hit 130km/h! and it wasn't even reving extremely hard. i might just rich back the mixture again to see if there is better response.