SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

LTA officers, TP, garment, MPs, Ministers....are actually people working for us la.... They can continue biting the hands that feed them.... ultimately the decision whether to keep them there or to fire them depends on us.....hmmm...looking forward to the next election...:p

Hey folks, just bought a used Sporter883L in stock condition. Need to get risers for the handlebar and handle bar. Also need advice on

where can I get the bracket to relocate the ERP meter.

Anyone got any recommendation to go to change the items as well as the signal lights?

I know i can read the full 201 pages but I hope folks don't mind helping me out? I would love to join Saturday morning rides if any.

Anyone who needs baby advice can let me know and I can return the advice if needed....

1992-1992 KDX200

1992-1993 TZR125

1993-1993 TS125

1994-1995 CBR400 Hurricane

1999-2001 sfera 80

2000-2000 intruder 400

2001-2001 Harley 883h

2003-2003 XR400

2004-2005 Gilera 180SP

2011-2012 Yamaha YB100 Classic

Hey folks, just bought a used Sporter883L in stock condition. Need to get risers for the handlebar and handle bar. Also need advice on

Anyone got any recommendation to go to change the items as well as the signal lights?

I know i can read the full 201 pages but I hope folks don't mind helping me out? I would love to join Saturday morning rides if any.

Anyone who needs baby advice can let me know and I can return the advice if needed....

There r a couple of good & reliable workshops locally.

Tony from Ace Custom at Defu would be my recommendation.

Hell lot of a nonsense guy but good **** when we r talking abt bike workmanship...

:)

1961 Vespa VBA 150

1993 Harley Heritage Nostalgia

2000 Kawa ZX12R

2011 Nuke Proof Snap

2013 Bmw F800GSA

2015 Honda Vezel-S

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/motoxxx55/Harley%20Nostalgia/412c5fe3.jpg?t=1344849611

Cfm getting my German liao.....:cheeky:

deal mth end when I'm back... hehe

great. Not so much heat from the engine n not do much heat from the authority.
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

good morning, today the road is infested with maggots again. on my way to office, saw 3 of them searching for targets. while i was travelling at SLE towards CTE, saw a bro on sportster with after market exhuast but not so loud with inverted mirrors just right in front of me. at CTE, i just happened to see this LTA beside him not very far. i over took the sportster and continue moving towards AMK ave 1 but never saw that spotster bypass me after a few km. i guess mr white must have done something to him. Chinese guy on No.11 but not with tummy leh... maybe another fellow on same bike.

good luck bro, hope nothing happen. saw another 2 at bendemeer road. woooo hoooo!!! they are all out to hunt for breakfast meals.

Edited by andyncc

good morning, today the road is infested with maggots again. on my way to office, saw 3 of them searching for targets. while i was travelling at SLE towards CTE, saw a bro on sportster with after market exhuast but not so loud with inverted mirrors just right in front of me. at CTE, i just happened to see this LTA beside him not very far. i over took the sportster and continue moving towards AMK ave 1 but never saw that spotster bypass me after a few km. i guess mr white must have done something to him. Chinese guy on No.11 but not with tummy leh... maybe another fellow on same bike.

good luck bro, hope nothing happen. saw another 2 at bendemeer road. woooo hoooo!!! they are all out to hunt for breakfast meals.

Thks for info? Inverted mirror not allowed? Some model like sportster 48 comes with it inverted ...

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

Thks for info? Inverted mirror not allowed? Some model like sportster 48 comes with it inverted ...

Inverted mirror not allowed except for 48, one of our bro got caught by LTA for exhuast and at VITAS inspection center, he got fine for inverted mirrors on iron 883. And also these 'Fine' items......... spring seat, solo seat, ape hanger, LED signals, fenderless, without pillion foot pegs and anything that are not stock etc are all LTA favourite dishes on Harleys ONLY.

Basically if u wish to change anything on your HD, u need to produce documentation from manufacturers to proof that the after market parts are safe to install. This sounds absurb and the worst part is no black and white/rules & regulations (Bikes) on what are the 'Yes' and 'Nos'.

Its basically up to individual LTA office to discriminate on those items. Dun tell me if I wish to change my mirrors purchased from LAB and go ask ah boy for cert for the mirrors?

Edited by andyncc

saw this sentences from dealership website on the homepage.... 'With Power Comes Feedom, With Freedom Comes Anything'... Thinking abt it, I think this applies to mr white, not local Harley riders.

So it is kinda misleading, we local Harley Roders has no freedom at all. Lol

'With Power Comes Freedom To Catch, With Freedom We Can Catch Anything We Want.'

Its totally wrong in current situation, I owned a 1200cc HD and no freedom to change anything on my bike, but on the other hand I owned a 135cc 'Kap' and I have the freedom to changed anything that I want with ease. FYI, my street legal exhuast on my 'Kap; is anytime louder than SE, Akara. Make no sense

Edited by andyncc

great. Not so much heat from the engine n not do much heat from the authority.

Ya man, staying away from mods for a while till things blow over...

Btw, a LTA called me wanting to reply to my enquires on their recent high profile activities...

But too bad I'm overseas... can only listen to him when I'm back...

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

For quality stainless steel IU bracket got to be Seng Kwang at Autopoint. :)

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

For quality stainless steel IU bracket got to be Seng Kwang at Autopoint. :)

THanks. Will go there and see to buy. They do installation also I assume?

1992-1992 KDX200

1992-1993 TZR125

1993-1993 TS125

1994-1995 CBR400 Hurricane

1999-2001 sfera 80

2000-2000 intruder 400

2001-2001 Harley 883h

2003-2003 XR400

2004-2005 Gilera 180SP

2011-2012 Yamaha YB100 Classic

THanks. Will go there and see to buy. They do installation also I assume?

They will custom make and install the bracket on the spot for u. :)

Btw, a LTA called me wanting to reply to my enquires on their recent high profile activities...

I recieved a call as well after I wrote in to them. Tell u more when we meet
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

Great! Looks like they r feeling a bit of heat from us... but hopefully not some answers that never answer the qns..

. Chinese guy on No.11 but not with tummy leh... maybe another fellow on same bike.

my guess is the original LTA11 is now put on leg patrol for his recent stunt at the dealership till all investigations are over...hopefully he deem unfit to resume duties and put behind a desk and reply to complaint letters only

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

I am not a Harley rider.

I will offer you my perspective as a non-Harley rider.

Riding a Harley is a lifestyle. Harley riders love attention. They get clothed with Harley livery, they love to show their bikes, some even get inked. Nothing wrong with that. Most motorcycle riders are like that.

Here’s the BUT …..

Harley riders pride themselves on living the freedom life, the rebellious life. The loud “potato” sound exhaust has been ingrained as part of this culture, more so in Singapore where it is illegal to sport such an exhaust. It is part of the anti-establishment package, not unlike chopper riders in the US sporting Nazi insignia in the US (e.g. swastika, Iron Cross), right after the Second World War. It is a constant middle-finger to the government. My friends riding Harleys proudly blow their pipes, claiming its necessity as Loud Pipes Save Lives. To me, it is irritating (as do all loud motorcycles do), especially when they ride into my housing estate at the wee hours in the morning,.

The government has been tolerant all along. The non-Harley riding population get booked for infractions and wondered how did you guys get away with loud pipes? The government then recently decided to unleash its fury across the board, including Harley riders. I do not think that it was discriminatory. My friends riding Ducatis, BMWs and modified motorcycles were also booked for various infractions, as they were all these years. In my book, the government is now being completely fair, applying equal treatment to all motorcyclists alike.

The bottom-line is this. Was the law being broken in the first place by the installation of aftermarket pipes? Those of you who change to stock pipes for inspection know the answer. If the answer is yes, then if you do the crime, do the time. It is no different from being booked for non-putting a parking coupon. Citizens of any country acknowledge and agree to the rule of law in the country in exchange for the protection offered by the same law. If you do not like the law, you have 2 choices:

1. Move out of Singapore.

2. Change the government to change the law.

This is not an anti-Harley rant. I saw the threads, all the hate comments against the LTA after the “31 March 2012” incident, and I want to offer my perspective, as a non-Harley rider, as a rider who choose to keep my motorcycle stock, and obey the law.

i kinda agree with his points... if you do the crime... you do the time.. no point arguing all of these issues where the bottom line is that they are just doing their jobs.. i know that most of the times, what the whities did totally doesn't make sense to most of us the harley riders.. but again, what can we do?.. they always have THE LAW behind them..

i guess at the end of the day.. i just want to ride.. and ride peacefully... and that's why i sold my nightster.. for me, i like it when it's loud.. so, when i need to change the pipes.. the soul of the bike is gone..

after selling the bike, i was looking for a bike that can make me happy WITHOUT changing anything.. well u know the rest of the story.. :p

aiyah... just ride lah brothers...

I am not a Harley rider.

Riding a Harley is a lifestyle. Harley riders love attention. They get clothed with Harley livery, they love to show their bikes, some even get inked. Nothing wrong with that. Most motorcycle riders are like that.

Here’s the BUT …..

Harley riders pride themselves on living the freedom life, the rebellious life. The loud “potato” sound exhaust has been ingrained as part of this culture, more so in Singapore where it is illegal to sport such an exhaust. It is part of the anti-establishment package, not unlike chopper riders in the US sporting Nazi insignia in the US (e.g. swastika, Iron Cross), right after the Second World War. It is a constant middle-finger to the government. My friends riding Harleys proudly blow their pipes, claiming its necessity as Loud Pipes Save Lives. To me, it is irritating (as do all loud motorcycles do), especially when they ride into my housing estate at the wee hours in the morning,.

The government has been tolerant all along. The non-Harley riding population get booked for infractions and wondered how did you guys get away with loud pipes? The government then recently decided to unleash its fury across the board, including Harley riders. I do not think that it was discriminatory. My friends riding Ducatis, BMWs and modified motorcycles were also booked for various infractions, as they were all these years. In my book, the government is now being completely fair, applying equal treatment to all motorcyclists alike.

The bottom-line is this. Was the law being broken in the first place by the installation of aftermarket pipes? Those of you who change to stock pipes for inspection know the answer. If the answer is yes, then if you do the crime, do the time. It is no different from being booked for non-putting a parking coupon. Citizens of any country acknowledge and agree to the rule of law in the country in exchange for the protection offered by the same law. If you do not like the law, you have 2 choices:

This is not an anti-Harley rant. I saw the threads, all the hate comments against the LTA after the “31 March 2012” incident, and I want to offer my perspective, as a non-Harley rider, as a rider who choose to keep my motorcycle stock, and obey the law.

hey man... Fair comments. What I perceive is many Harley riders are having difficult time to stomach the enforcement.

While I'm no advocate of crazy loud pipes n revving incessantly everywhere every time, I do like some sound coming out of my pipes n that's where certified pricey pipes come in.

But I do hope that LTA eases up on other kinds of mods which they ridiculously deem dangerous to other road users. This by far, is my biggest gripe. Without proper testing, logical thinking n consideration n unleashing the fury across the board for all imaginable forms of customization is just too much.

Just imagine if in the first place LTA allows customization to a certain extent and they decide to clamp down on exhaust, I think there would be less people feeling the anger. Give and take. Now people perceive that LTA is all take but no give so it becomes pretty oppressive. Hell I still haven't found a handlebar that comes with 'certification from manufacturer stating that the part is safe and suitable for the motorcycle.' so no bar swap n back ache all the way for long trips.

Once again, very fair comments coming from a non-Harley rider. :)

I am not a Harley rider.

Here’s the BUT …..

Yo bro, stock Harley oso kana stopped.. asked to go inspection but found nothing..

U call that alright?

Inverted mirrors is so dangerous that they r considered illegal?

fyi inverted mirrors offer a much better rear view

ride Harley means bad boy? I am just another law abiding citizen who happened to be a bike lover.