SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Feel so happy till almost crying.. hhahahaha.. i have to say that last night was one the best riding days of my life... cruising.. cruising.. with music some more...

i have to agree that the traffic jams is a bit a spoiler.. but at least i learn how to squeeze the bike hehehe...

so, malaysia soon?.. or maybe thailand?... hahahahhaha...

We will never beat the rules, this is Singapore.

Like you said, the fines will go up, enforcement will be more strict.

I have to agree that it might happen.

Whats a better way to stop all this mods, harsher penalty.

Harsher so it can deter.

That is how our country does it.

We are a safe country you have to admit it.

If the regulations go down, definitively something will go up and that is going to be more wild illegal rides.

The debate will never end. Never.

Its all about your choice.

The rules are out there.

Ride with stock or with mods. Its your choice.

I have done the screaming proud.

But the light was clear at the end of the tunnel.

When i got the 500buck summon.

End of the day i just want to ride.

You want to do it, bear the consequences.

Ride safe.

They are hardworking because there are still many illegally modified vehicles...not just Harleys...on the road. Wanna win the war? Believe it or not, the only winning strategy is for all of us Harley riders to go stock or go legal. I mean ALL. Then they would have nothing catch. But, this is not going to happen isn't it? Ego and pride all plays a part. Black sheep everywhere to spoil the whole community.

Whatever else you can think of doing, we will still be at the losing end, because they go by the book. No two ways around it. The enforcer does not distinguish between Robin Hood and the normal thief. You get caught, you get punished. It is as simple as that. It is just easier to catch all illegal mods than to think of other ways to placate everyone. Who would miss a miserable 1600 Harley riders except us?

Looking at the situation, sooner or later fines will go up. Enforcement WILL get more strict. Then again, doesn't matter if u r stock or legal or otherwise. The fun has been taken away.

I no longer like to live in Singapore, nor am I proud to be it's citizen. What is a safe, clean and economically stable country without some life in it man. Long term plan, earn some keep and get the hell out of this country. I'll take a risk and ride somewhere else where I might be welcomed. Maybe by then I will have like two or three years of lifespan left, but enough, at least a good two years of riding without worries. Why stay and fight the system, especially if the system is intolerant of dissent. Don't end up being the loser by doing something which would hardly make a positive impact on the situation.

And reading this, people would think I have loads of modifications on my bike, which would be the most logical reason why I always seem so pizzed at LTA. I don't. I like riding. Not modifying. Any modification is done to make the ride a more pleasant one. I don't think I have any illegal modifications to my bike now. Even the silencers on my exhaust have NEVER been taken off since installation. But I am no criminal and I don't like the suspecting eyes watching me all the time. I don't like being complained against either by ignorant fools who think my exhaust is illegal. Thinking about it too much makes me feel old.

I am a biker. I like to ride my motorcycle. Not showing off. All of you who is trying to take that away from me, leave me alone. Live your life the way you want and leave me alone.

At least they are doing something.....

http://www.harleysingapore.com/assets/images/Navigation/Sitenav/Motorcycles/marupdate.jpg

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

At least they are doing something.....

http://www.harleysingapore.com/assets/images/Navigation/Sitenav/Motorcycles/marupdate.jpg

If only LTA had visited the dealership earlier in the year then maybe,i say maybe,the action would be taken earlier and would be able to be resolve faster. So many riders had voiced the dissatisfaction and appreciate the representation but the dealership just remain hush about it. Now,it hit them smack on their face at their own frontyard in front of so many riders then they start drafting a response!! Lets see how long the whole process takes...in the meantime,ride safe guys...enjoy the long weekend!

Can Lta officers come to our carpark and remove our canvas? Do they have the right to do that?

I've sent a feedback to lta last week ask them abt their "transpassing" at dealership and their visits to carparks but have not received any reply....

wonder if I'll ever receive any reply....

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

My brother owns a Maserati and belongs to the Exotic Car Club. They do have convoy rides like us. It's more like a show off parade. I been to one of their event. The exhausts of some of the Ferraries and Lambos are much louder than our pipes. My brother said that they don't get hassled by the TP or LTA. He has not heard of any of their members getting stop by LTA or TP. Don't know if LTA 11 ever stop any fancy cars or it just us.

My brother owns a Maserati and belongs to the Exotic Car Club. They do have convoy rides like us. It's more like a show off parade. I been to one of their event. The exhausts of some of the Ferraries and Lambos are much louder than our pipes. My brother said that they don't get hassled by the TP or LTA. He has not heard of any of their members getting stop by LTA or TP. Don't know if LTA 11 ever stop any fancy cars or it just us.

Could be because these Ferrari and Lambo owners never drive their cars as much as we ride our bikes in the first place. Less driving=less chances of meeting an LTA officer. But then, I guess we'll never know. It is so much easier to spot a Harley then a Maserati on the road. Most of the Harleys are like flashy splashy some more. Own a nice bike you attract both positive and negative attention. I guess with the current climate it's more negative attention than positive. And it is a fact that many Singaporeans are an intolerant bunch. Whatever they see that they don't agree with, they would use it to hantam the govt. We Harley riders are victims of such a situation. The Authority should realize that all those who make $hitloads of complaints are the kind of people who are not easily satisfied and will find something else to complain about after we're all eradicated.

These are the people in society who does not respect other people's opinions except their own kind. We, as Harley riders, should not be like them. We can show them that we respect their opinions.

There will never come a time again, where people just live their own lives and leave us alone. When all loud exhausts are gone, people will start complaining about ape hangers, helmets, chrome brake levers, shiny paint, chrome wheels, lj Harley rider face, beards, etc etc. It'll never end. NEVER. It is far easier to conduct enforcement against Harley riders than to manage the expectations of all those complain kings. After all, they have law to back them up.

Many people in our community do not realize that. It is not our right to be loud and obnoxious. However, it is our right to ride free from ANY form of marginalization. The authority will come up with facts and figures and statistics to show they they are not marginalizing us, but since when is marginalization tangible? Like one fella on facebook pointed out, if u take the number of Harley riders that got caught over the total amount of Harley owners, then compare the same formula with say WRX, Euro R,Evo, Lambo, Ferrari, or even Ducati... then I think things will be painted differently.

For the complain kings: Dudes, this is the world as it is. Be tolerant. I'm sure you have some stuff which I don't really agree with. No one is an angel. But I would not go out of my way to make things difficult for you unless whatever you enjoy REALLY affects me every single day or if whatever you enjoy is morally wrong. This is not just YOUR country. It's mine too. So gimme a break and let's enjoy our lives.

For the LTA: Dudes, I really hope you guys are smart. Every one hates you. I will never know what goes on in your minds but I sure hope you guys don't particularly hate Harleys and set off on your duties every day with the primary mission to catch Harleys. Yes, there are many Harleys on loud pipes and stuff. But there are situations where people are not on loud pipes and when you pull these good folks over, you start to fault mini apes, seats, fenders, paint, number plates and stuff. Mini apes (and aloty of other stuff) are made by Harley themselves. You don't think a big corp like Harley would come up with a product that you can fix onto your bike that is at the same time dangerous to handling and stuff? Come on, they have a reputation to protect. You have been so ambiguous with what can be done that it's almost like you're tellin us what cannot be done but you r leaving it to us to guess what CAN be done. That's wrong and you are not being transparent enough. Just take a look at your One Motoring website and your laughable guide to modifications. Almost NOTHING is for motorcycles. Have some balls to take a stand. You can't have people come to you every time with everything they want to modify and seek permission from you. How many people would you have to employ to handle that kind of situation? Of course you could jolly well afford with all the ERP money you're getting, but is it really necessary? Loosen up abit. Times are changing and you should change too. And yes, I understand you have to deal with the complaints coming in (See above). Take some lessons from other countries. When we, Singaporeans, see what other countries have, naturally we also want it. Freaking loud exhaust cannot, can understand. Number plate lah, handlebar lah, etc etc mods as long not stock cannot, you're being oppressive. Shutting your ears ain't gonna help. It's just gonna make people hate you even more. If you are so much into statistics and figures, can you provide the statistics and figures where a side number plate causes accidents, or a 10 inch mini ape directly causes accidents. You can't, I'm sure of it. But if you don't know, how can you think it is dangerous? play safe? play safe stay at home. Don't come out at all. This is no longer the 60s, 70s or 80s. This is the year 2012 and the world is very much a different place. Can you please stop operating like the prehistoric period? Cut us some slack when it comes to modifications. These machines are known as lifestyle machines now, get it?

For the Harley riders: Dudes, challenging the authority with loud exhausts ain't gonna help. You guys need to realize that it is already 2012. Almost every country in the world has some sort of ordnance against loud exhausts now. If you're really into the loud exhaust thing, you can consider re-locating to Texas, where you can be as loud as you want. Not the other states though. Thing is, people are pissed off at loud exhausts now. Keep your pride and ego in your leather pocket for a little while. Think about it, if everything goes down, then soon it would almost be impossible to ride your bike. Then it would really suck. Doesn't mean we have to keep quiet but let's be peaceful about all the nonsense that's been going on. Don't fall into the trap. Stop revving at MSCPs. Stop revving at housing estates. Stop revving at traffic lights. Do it at events to show off or whatever. But do realize, even after that, all those people will still complain, because they think Harleys are pieces of slow noisy junk that should not be on the road. Take that in our stride. Let them screw their own lives up. We ride happily ever after. Peace, not war.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

They might have, they might not have.... nobody knows we are just guessing or presuming ourself. That is because nobody write it to LTA to enquire about this issue. Or maybe there is people who wrote in but end up without reply, and this is what they normally do.

Parking summon aunty already can do that by removing the canvas to check no. plates and never cover back, wad do u think? But again, this is what i presumed.

Can Lta officers come to our carpark and remove our canvas? Do they have the right to do that?

Come n try cut my $350 cover. If cannot find anything illegal who pay? Cannot be some malicious fella complain then come n cut everytime complain Wat.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

Come n try cut my $350 cover. If cannot find anything illegal who pay? Cannot be some malicious fella complain then come n cut everytime complain Wat.

they work on an assumption those with illegal pipe will come on road eventually.

another possible is bike with nice pipe (illegal pipe) but for self admire only...and put under cover.....if the bike dun get into road... they cannot forcefully summon right?

cutting cover and assume that inside with illegal mode ..... that's too much...btw

Edited by lv3338

From Honda's Phantom to ..................

Clearing each stage at SSDC and BBDC for bike license was fun !!!

I believed that they are given the authority to search for any modification bike on mscp but if your bike is securely canvas and tied up, they cannot simply cut open the canvas to check if that is the bike they are looking for. This is unacceptable.

Anyway I realised that now it is no fun riding a Haley now. It is stressful and it shouldn't be this way.

Not possible lah... who give them the right to damage other ppl property?

I believed that they are given the authority to search for any modification bike on mscp but if your bike is securely canvas and tied up, they cannot simply cut open the canvas to check if that is the bike they are looking for. This is unacceptable.

Anyway I realised that now it is no fun riding a Haley now. It is stressful and it shouldn't be this way.

Yup, they can be sued for doing that...

it's definitely a tough time for Harley riders these days, hang in there my friend. :)

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

unbelievable...after reading all the posts, i am totally pissed that someone in uniform can go so low, they are representing a stat board for goodness sake, what kind of image are they projecting.

anyway my 1 cent worth..i want my rights back

really hope this incident at harley dealership can escalate with the proceedings published in the papers. lta is affecting a lot of bike and car businesses by such mindless enforcements, some shops can go bankrupt due to this. reminded me of what thomas jefferson said, if a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so! lta cannot just fine our citizens for something that is not stock, they have to publish every rule in detail, i didnt knoe until jamez mentioned thst there is absolutely nothing mentioned about bikes on their website and i am appalled at how they just go after every biker like a witchhunt, i m so stressed on the road after hearing all the bad reportd on lta officer. i think as citizens we deserve to be treated better, what the lta officer can enforce must be clearly spelled out down to every detail with justification base on actual testing and not on theory and presumptions. this must be public info made available to all road users. otherwise there is no check and balance and officers can easily step out of line, apparently some have already crossed that line in my opinion.

this really needs to be looked at by the government, also the penalty of $500 for bike exhaust? i really want to know how was this calculated as well.

Well it's time to do something.. Stop this bully from the gahment...

They can simply come out with whatever ruling they want to as long it brings it the money to pay their overpaid salary... We as citizens have been abused for many years...