SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Yo bro, stock Harley oso kana stopped.. asked to go inspection but found nothing..

U call that alright?

Inverted mirrors is so dangerous that they r considered illegal?

fyi inverted mirrors offer a much better rear view

ride Harley means bad boy? I am just another law abiding citizen who happened to be a bike lover.

yup. enforcement on exhaust can understand. but it's about the lil nitty gritty stuff that's kinda pissing people off. stock bikes and cars getting pulled for inspection is just bull. no one wants to get inconvenienced unnecessarily. if an enforcement team can do stuff until we can feel that the chances of getting pulled to inspection is high, then what is the fun in it? I mean if you have illegal stuff on ur bike/car then by all means man, pay the price in time and money. But you start seeing people getting pulled based on suspicion that's just scary. that's gonna take up 2 hours of your time for nothing and that 2 hours gonna screw the whole day. inconvenienced all for wat...suspicion on merely a little misdemeanor which carries a heavy fine. and we, Harley riders are definitely feeling that. Because I'm sure SOME of the officers will go ," oh there's a Harley, sure got illegal mod". Take ur license and NRIC and get you to follow for inspection. like as if we r unimportant people with unimportant things to do all the time any time and that the most important and urgent thing in the whole wide world right at that moment is to confirm IF you have any illegal modifications. I can't afford that stupid 2 hours at any time during the weekdays so I'll rather keep the bike for leisurely times. commuting with a Harley or Ducati daily is just not feasible anymore. And I do not have any illegal modifications on my bike, but my certified Akras gonna attract them to stop me for a check, which I am absolutely fine with, because someone's gotta do the job. But after so many horror stories, from Ducati riders, Harley riders, some other drivers, I have a feeling that one day I'm gonna meet that LTA officer who will know nothing about my bike and think that chrome is not stock (which actually is) or some other crapp and I'm just gonna get pulled for inspection and waste my time. I'm happier if I avoid that kind of situation because I don't wanna have any confrontations with the officers. but i'll be more happy if I have FULL CONFIDENCE that the LTA riders are a fair and impartial lot, who are technically competent to tell what is illegal and what is not to a fair extent, and that they have more empathy and discretion.

What is perceived by many is that LTA officers are an unreasonable lot, know nuts about what's legal on a Harley and what's not, rude most of the time. But that's just not true. There are stories about LTA officers being polite and professional but that is conveniently ignored most of the time. Like in the Harley community, there are black sheep every where. So let's hope I don't meet that incompetent, rude or unreasonable black sheep, because frankly, I've got more important things on my mind.

whatever it is, I didn't buy a Harley so that I could be super loud, but I did buy it because I like the fact that there are options, provided by the Harley Davidson brand itself at the minimum, to customize it to be MY own ride. If being stock is so important in this country, then why not just allow one brand to dominate the whole place and there would be no problems with uniformity. Problem solved. I'll move to another country, but that's another story.

Then again, I AM seriously considering and planning to move away from this country. Not a quick thing but something in the future. I am utterly disappointed with the whole situation and I feel nothing can be done even if I type one million words here, one million words in facebook, one million letters to ST Forum (which doesn't publish most stuff anyway) or one million appeals to LTA. I am not willing to break the law either. So I move away and avoid all these nonsense altogether. Of course I'll have to take other kinds of nonsense in other countries, but if I can ride there peacefully, which is all I wanted to do anyway, then I think it's fair trade.

Perhaps all these while, Harley owners have not been harassed the way other riders were. Perhaps now the government is being fair to everyone. That doesn't mean whatever is done is absolutely correct in my book. You give the people the internet, connectivity and information to boost creativity and look at what happens when people get creative. There is barely any guidance, just enforcement and eradicate. How can anyone stomach that?

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

house visit!!! God damn!!!

sorry double post.

I don't think these guys are checking on illegally modded bikes. To my knowledge they are there to tow away bikes that have not been paying their rdtax. Like not paying more than a year. Or bikes that are being laid up and missing from their parking place. Or maybe checking on stolen bikes.

I don't think they have the time to visit our mscp to check on illegal mods. How I know? Becos Iam an LTA undercover agent spying at the Harley Riders thread! Ha ha just kidding man!

Actually my previous bike have been towed away by LTA enforcement officer before. 2 tipees came over to my car park, check on my bike and called a tow truck. And my bike rd tax is overdue more than a year.

And it all happened in front of my eyes. I was looking over my living room window and scared ****. 1 week later summons came..go to court26. That is my experience.

Just flaunt wat you have and ride like there's no tomorrow! FTW man! Life is a gamble!

People still smoke when they know smoking will kill them. And when there's a shark in the water, they don't dare to swim!

Let's up the ante and off With the stock pipes! Woohoo!

Cheers!

Edited by speedwing
Spelling

I don't think these guys are checking on illegally modded bikes. To my knowledge they are there to tow away bikes that have not been paying their rdtax. Like not paying more than a year. Or bikes that are being laid up and missing from their parking place. Or maybe checking on stolen bikes.

I don't think they have the time to visit our mscp to check on illegal mods. How I know? Becos Iam an LTA undercover agent spying at the Harley Rider thread! Ha ha just kidding man!

Actually my previous bike have been towed away by LTA enforcement officer before. 2 tipees came over to my car park, check on my bike and called a tow truck. And my bike rd tax is overdue more than a year.

And it all happened in front of my eyes. I was looking over my living room window and scared ****. 1 week later summons came..go to court26. That is my experience.

Just flaunt wat you have and ride like there's no tomorrow! FTW man! Life is a gamble!

People still smoke when they know smoking will kill them. And when there's a shark in the water, they don't dare to swim!

Let's up the ante and off the stock pipes! Woohoo!

Cheers!

dude, for a moment ya got me there man haha.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/301627_10150300464615267_702800266_8095265_1305808511_n.jpg

singapore is a country run by school geeks

that study whole day never have fun, always laughed by girls

only know books.

you expect them to know anything about freedom and fun?

Always ride safely and defensively.

Repair bike cheap and fast,

Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

but i'll be more happy if I have FULL CONFIDENCE that the LTA riders are a fair and impartial lot, who are technically competent to tell what is illegal and what is not to a fair extent, and that they have more empathy and discretion.

gone are the days where the ROV officers are TP officers on-tour at LTA.

What is perceived by many is that LTA officers are an unreasonable lot, know nuts about what's legal on a Harley and what's not, rude most of the time. But that's just not true. There are stories about LTA officers being polite and professional but that is conveniently ignored most of the time. Like in the Harley community, there are black sheep every where. So let's hope I don't meet that incompetent, rude or unreasonable black sheep, because frankly, I've got more important things on my mind.

that's the big difference between a full-fledge civil servant and parliah employee of LTA. Really wonder if they are considered civil servants for those new LTA riders.

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

think the bottomline is that we are just hoping them to be more knowledgeable and professional, and not just tigum tigum... trying their luck to hope find something illegal and wasting our precious time...

being law enforcement officers, they should have proper training and not just anyone who know nothing abt bikes and car... and only know how to play "spot the difference" game between some old photos and our bikes...

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

Yes they are. They are acting under the colour of a stat board enforcing on laws of the country so they are to be considered public servants, well in the legal aspect anyway.

Well I just saw on FB ; LTA replied that the senior management have never directed their enorcement riders to target any particular make of vehicles n never will. The reply also indicated for Harley riders to continue enjoying riding on Singapore roads without fear of being harassed a long as there r no illegal modifications.

So that leaves 2 things:

1) LTA enforcement officer ON THE ROADS... Are they prejudiced? Angry at all the complaints from the whiny Harley riders? Can this be measured? How much discretion do they have while patrolling?

2) what is an illegal modification? What is a legal modification? If everything is illegal and must be stock... Then wats the point anyway?

Yes they are. They are acting under the colour of a stat board enforcing on laws of the country so they are to be considered public servants, well in the legal aspect anyway.

Well I just saw on FB ; LTA replied that the senior management have never directed their enorcement riders to target any particular make of vehicles n never will. The reply also indicated for Harley riders to continue enjoying riding on Singapore roads without fear of being harassed a long as there r no illegal modifications.

So that leaves 2 things:

1) LTA enforcement officer ON THE ROADS... Are they prejudiced? Angry at all the complaints from the whiny Harley riders? Can this be measured? How much discretion do they have while patrolling?

2) what is an illegal modification? What is a legal modification? If everything is illegal and must be stock... Then wats the point anyway?

ya man, if non-stock means illegal then that is as good as asking all those accessories shops to close shop? *facepalm*

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

Doubts in LTA's reply and statement made....!!!!!

Giving me goose pimples when LTA's stated feel free enjoying your ride.........YEAH and also feel free for us to catch YOU!!!!! hahahah catch the inner's meanings?????

There is no Copy Right when spreading a Word on safety. :thumb: :thumb:

This leaves me wondering... Are we a bunch of people who just have not felt the brunt of enforcement upon other brands and when they start being fair to all we become whiners. Or they are really unfair in an unseen way?

Lta road block at Kaki bukit bhind shun li industrial park towards Vicom!

Beware guys!

1961 Vespa VBA 150

1993 Harley Heritage Nostalgia

2000 Kawa ZX12R

2011 Nuke Proof Snap

2013 Bmw F800GSA

2015 Honda Vezel-S

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e189/motoxxx55/Harley%20Nostalgia/412c5fe3.jpg?t=1344849611

This leaves me wondering... Are we a bunch of people who just have not felt the brunt of enforcement upon other brands and when they start being fair to all we become whiners. Or they are really unfair in an unseen way?

they should just focus more on road safety and those goods-carrying vehicles and heavy vehicles flouting regulations on the expressway. easily in my daily commute to work on PIE, i can easily point out and shoo off 5-6 goods-carrying vehicles and heavy vehicles travelling on 2nd lane, hogging up the traffic behind. shouldn't TP be doing this job?

a simple comparison, does the issue of 'strict enforcement' happened before when TP was at the helm of the whole operations in LTA? or only does it happened when LTA took over the duties from TP?

as far as i know, those LTA(posted from TP) are old-birds with regards to modifications and at least have the technical know-hows on what is OK and what is not.

i have not experience, and not hoping to experience with the LTA outriders whom know nuts about modifications and zero technical know-hows and pulling every single targets they see on the road.

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

Lta road block at Kaki bukit bhind shun li industrial park towards Vicom!

Beware guys!

what the ****? LTA road block?

Feel free to ride if u know ur mod is legal. So educate us on what is legal. And be sensible... Logical... Reasonable. Not clinical n judgmental.

someone mentioned on HD FB, legal mean 'stock bike' sold from HDS. Anything changed or added in from stock condition is consider illegal.... sigh... so basically not even a delby cover? Then wads the point of selling the accessories at HDS? From mid controls changed to forward controls also consider illegal mods?

Edited by andyncc

errr.. thinking of changing my speaker... kana tempted by the CVO speaker... is it illegal?.. :p

no! its not legal!.... because it is not stock from original bike when you bought from HDS....wahahahaha...yaya now har... all stock parts and enjoying the bike hor??? lol

the problem is, even let's say they come up with the list on what can and cannot be modified, they will still pull us over to check all the mods.. which means that it is still wasting our time anyway...

we want them to list out what are the things can or cannot be change and every individual brands, models no. etc.... lol.. i think 100 pages or more..

no! its not legal!.... because it is not stock from original bike when you bought from HDS....wahahahaha...yaya now har... all stock parts and enjoying the bike hor??? lol

hahahahahha... change lah brudder... :p stock stock is gooodd.. later tonight u try lah... edwin tried oredi.. dunno if he kanna poisoned or not.. hehehehe

hahahahahha... change lah brudder... :p stock stock is gooodd.. later tonight u try lah... edwin tried oredi.. dunno if he kanna poisoned or not.. hehehehe

Ha ha I wil be poison so easily Justin. U hav to tempt me a few more time b4 I get poison. I stil like my current ride😏

i kena poison by just looking at the roadglide

i kena poison by just looking at the fuoco

i kena poison just by riding the street glide

i kena poison just by watching the Sportster 72 commercial

the antidote is money. and i don;t have much.