SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki KRR150 Riders

95 Emperor

Terry,

for me, I only change the gearbox oil, 4T, after a 5 km run, provided of course that you use fully synthetic oil.

Besides harder to kick, if you prolong usage of 4T past its recommendation, your gears will suffer premature wear and tear. When gears run, they wear one another out, so the oil collects the chips that were worn off. You can't see the chips; they are very small. Now, if your lubricating oil has chips, it start wearing out your gears, accelerating the wear and tear process.

The next thing is that the 4T will break down over time under high heat usuage. You know your engine runs hot, very hot, when in use. The oil will eventually break down due to high temperatures. When lubricating oil breaks down, they will no longer have the lubricating properties they were designed to have in the first place. Again, this will lead to premature wear out of your engine gears.

hi guys do u know wat are the effects if 4t(orh yew) neber change for about mileage 4.5k other than gears hard to kick?

I am a hermit, looking for my own island ...

Terry,

for me, I only change the gearbox oil, 4T, after a 5 km run, provided of course that you use fully synthetic oil.

Besides harder to kick, if you prolong usage of 4T past its recommendation, your gears will suffer premature wear and tear. When gears run, they wear one another out, so the oil collects the chips that were worn off. You can't see the chips; they are very small. Now, if your lubricating oil has chips, it start wearing out your gears, accelerating the wear and tear process.

The next thing is that the 4T will break down over time under high heat usuage. You know your engine runs hot, very hot, when in use. The oil will eventually break down due to high temperatures. When lubricating oil breaks down, they will no longer have the lubricating properties they were designed to have in the first place. Again, this will lead to premature wear out of your engine gears.

orrr.... then i reach 5k liao than go changemaybe tis week end. but guess wat Noah, my engine dying off problem was solved thks to u :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :bow: :bow: :bow: i tried yesterday actually liao but cannot give any verdict, cos i ride certain distance liao after then i tried the method(this will be the time when the problem wont come).So this morning i tried to start engine move around keep clutching and stop and oso tried keeping neutral and it helps!~! thks man.

seems tat u oso have some bulb problem. issit solved? too bad i dun knoe much if not sure help u back :sweat: btw gd luck to u :goodluck:

The definition of a man’s character is not when he is on top….. it is on how he picks himself up EVERY TIME HE HAS BEEN KNOCKED DOWN.

just asking... u all the front brakes can last how long and using what brand? i just had mine changed from the original ones after 3 months ++.

thanks

http://www.geocities.com/Vienna/Studio/2413/images/hikki92.jpg

pa|n s3nds 0n3 aWaY. wi|| th3 oN3 | |oV3 bR|ng m3 bACK??

just asking... u all the front brakes can last how long and using what brand? i just had mine changed from the original ones after 3 months ++.

thanks

Depend show u use it brother...my bike already 6 months old and e Brakes still doing fine...... :sweat:

Riding a Slow Slow Lao K =.="""

Deerez,

the brakes usage depends on how heavily you use your brakes. For me, I think mine lasted for about 6 months++. I relied a lot on engine braking and lesser on my brakes. For the brand, I use the cheapest one ... so din ask for brand, asked for the cheapest my mech had.

By the way, it would be good to learn how to see if the brake pads have worn out. There is a groove in the pads. If one day, you dun see the groove anymore or the groove almost going to disappear, you know your brake pads have come to the end of its service life, and it's time to change a new pair. If you do not know how to check, next time you are at you mechanic's place, ask him to show you.

p/s: wah ... got 2 people use cyndi as avatar liao .... she so popular ah ?

thanks

Terry,

glad your problem solved. Feel free to ask if you have any problems again. No, my light problem not solved yet. So far, no replies. So sad ... ahah h ... Take care !

orrr.... then i reach 5k liao than go changemaybe tis week end. but guess wat Noah, my engine dying off problem was solved thks to u :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :bow: :bow: :bow: i tried yesterday actually liao but cannot give any verdict, cos i ride certain distance liao after then i tried the method(this will be the time when the problem wont come).So this morning i tried to start engine move around keep clutching and stop and oso tried keeping neutral and it helps!~! thks man.

seems tat u oso have some bulb problem. issit solved? too bad i dun knoe much if not sure help u back :sweat: btw gd luck to u :goodluck:

Deerez,

the brakes usage depends on how heavily you use your brakes. For me, I think mine lasted for about 6 months++. I relied a lot on engine braking and lesser on my brakes. For the brand, I use the cheapest one ... so din ask for brand, asked for the cheapest my mech had.

By the way, it would be good to learn how to see if the brake pads have worn out. There is a groove in the pads. If one day, you dun see the groove anymore or the groove almost going to disappear, you know your brake pads have come to the end of its service life, and it's time to change a new pair. If you do not know how to check, next time you are at you mechanic's place, ask him to show you.

p/s: wah ... got 2 people use cyndi as avatar liao .... she so popular ah ?

CYINDI! :cheer: CYNDI!! :cheer: CYINDI! :cheer: CYNDI!! :cheer:

The definition of a man’s character is not when he is on top….. it is on how he picks himself up EVERY TIME HE HAS BEEN KNOCKED DOWN.

hhmmm brakes?? 1 year and still going... haha... haven't changed them since i got my bike a year ago...

but now considering of selling due to insurance... can't bear to sell... :sweat:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/style_images/1/logo4.gif

I'm reckless; but I'm responsible!

recently i've noticed that my bike is hard to start... it'll die off a few seconds after i kick-started it... last night i clutched in and kicked gear 1 and it died... then i started it again... and it died at a traffic junction... why is it so? could it be the same problem as terry84?

and oh yea... i also noticed that if i'm moving off... my speedometer doesnt moves too... until when i tarik then the needle starts moving.... is it all along like this... hehe... maybe i too long didnt take a look at speedometer when moving off that's why i find it weird...

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/style_images/1/logo4.gif

I'm reckless; but I'm responsible!

recently i've noticed that my bike is hard to start... it'll die off a few seconds after i kick-started it... last night i clutched in and kicked gear 1 and it died... then i started it again... and it died at a traffic junction... why is it so? could it be the same problem as terry84?

and oh yea... i also noticed that if i'm moving off... my speedometer doesnt moves too... until when i tarik then the needle starts moving.... is it all along like this... hehe... maybe i too long didnt take a look at speedometer when moving off that's why i find it weird...

maybe u can try to start and leave it there with lights on for 5 mins first, then later u start to move and clutch in or neutral. if problem still there then maybe u suffer the same fate as me liao :sian: but nevermind, as noah suggested. you can try to adjust ur clutch lever knob. at least works for me. hope will work out fine for u too :goodluck:

Super Kips,

it's only recently you have the problem ? Actually, when were you trying to start the engine ? First start of the day in the morning ? Or has the bike been started before already in the day ? Did you use choke when you start ? Unable to pinpoint the problem until you give a clearer description. But as a quick check, try this. Before you kick start the engine, twist the throttle fully 2 times, then try kick start. See if it starts and sustain ... Of course, you'll have to use choke if you are starting for the first time of the day.

Your speedo .... do you mean to say that after you wack the meter a bit then it starts moving ? So eventually, when you are moving, does the needle work ? Or is it stuck only when you are moving off, but works after you have started crusing ? Does the needle jerk or vibrate about its pivot ? If it does ? the wire link to your speedo may be about to break. Give us a more detailed description so that we can help you.

Anyone knows wat would be the ideal idling speed for the KRR? :confused:

Adventure

Getting lost is part of the fun

Aug 2003 - Oct 2004: Kawasaki KRR150

Oct 2004 - Feb 2006: Honda CBR400RRR

Oct 2005 - Jun 2006: Honda Wave R

Nov 2005 - ???: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Akan Datang: Suzuki GSX-R600K6

okie thanks, bros. mine is around 1.5 too, set it higher cos worried that engine may die off whilst stopping on the roads :sweat:

d33r82, camera tricks ... hee :D

Adventure

Getting lost is part of the fun

Aug 2003 - Oct 2004: Kawasaki KRR150

Oct 2004 - Feb 2006: Honda CBR400RRR

Oct 2005 - Jun 2006: Honda Wave R

Nov 2005 - ???: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Akan Datang: Suzuki GSX-R600K6

Guest R e a l m Z
Hi guys,

anyone can help me with the melting headlight reflector problem I mentioned here earlier on ? No replies so far, so I am posting this plea again. Thanks !

:weep:

i tink tats bcoz ur headlight casing is not original.after my accident,mine start to melt also.n e bike shop told me they didnt chg a original 1 for me.

I bought from LAB. They told me is original. Now no choice, I have to look elsewhere for one that doesn't melt. Waste money ... that was my 3rd headlight. Any recommendation ?

i tink tats bcoz ur headlight casing is not original.after my accident,mine start to melt also.n e bike shop told me they didnt chg a original 1 for me.

Ok guys,

bought another headlight today from FJT. The darned thing costs $80. This has to be original (so ex ...). Goin to fix later and see if the thing melts. Anyway, talked to the attendant. Seems like FJT carries all the originals parts for KRR bike. So this is one place where we can go for parts.

Lastly, headlights from LAB cannot make it. All will melt, even if you use ordinary bulbs. My experience after 3 headlights from LAB. So be aware.