SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

yay! I got about 10 bottles of schaeffer 5000! (:

any lobang for an oil filter remover.

Now on the royal purple.

Not bad you know! (:

If you must know, 65mm/HF-303

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOr Motul 5100,true indeed recommended to me through friends and many mechanics.One of them also riding the same bike as me,swears by it.

No doubt it's a good oil,everyone wants best of two worlds.The price increase is insane.

Motul 5100 is 16$ inclusive of labor, not that insane, especially for those risk averse, haha

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

WHich shop?Unique selling at $22 per bottle,one shop selling at $18 all inclusive of labour

Powerwheel, Its located in Tampines industrial area, behind Tampines safra. There are lots of bike shops there. I like a couple of them including Powerwheel.

I actually patronize these small shops, the big Uniques of the world are often crowded and you dont get the personal attention.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/189-Power-Wheel-Motor-Bike-Trading

Powerwheel, Its located in Tampines industrial area, behind Tampines safra. There are lots of bike shops there. I like a couple of them including Powerwheel.

I actually patronize these small shops, the big Uniques of the world are often crowded and you dont get the personal attention.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/189-Power-Wheel-Motor-Bike-Trading

Thanks for sharing the information,but i am staying in the far west

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/mercenary_017/BusaKenji.jpg

Thanks for sharing the information,but i am staying in the far west

Oh IC. Just scout the bikes shops in an industrial area near you, I am sure you will find a place that will offer good value for money compared to those big shops.

When I lived in AMK, I knew a place in AMK industrial area that sold chex for 14$, haha. Now I live in Pasir Ris so find this Tampines Ind Area very convenient.

gald to see myth regarding HDEO causing expensive overhaul is slowly been busted:thumb:

aren't those clutches suppose to slip like crazy with non-motorcycle specific oil?:cool: especially you guys are pouring some lorry oil with 300ppm of moly!?!?:angel:

as for comparing brand A and B, Synthetic or Dino... the question should not be which type of oil but how long and application you intend to use the oil for. sadly, too much information is from marketing hype.

i am using a $7/L oil and it work just fine:cheeky:

i just covered about 200km since schaffer oil change.

i have to say i am experiencing clutch slip.

not alot to seriously affect my riding but i can defintely feel it, especially during takeoffs.

i'll probably look into my clutch cable adjustment first. for now, no major difference from motul. aside from mentioned clutch slip issue and there seems to be lighter vibrations on high rpms with schaffer.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

i just covered about 200km since schaffer oil change.

i have to say i am experiencing clutch slip.

not alot to seriously affect my riding but i can defintely feel it, especially during takeoffs.

i'll probably look into my clutch cable adjustment first. for now, no major difference from motul. aside from mentioned clutch slip issue and there seems to be lighter vibrations on high rpms with schaffer.

how long have you been running your with your current clutch plate? i have read that bikes have been running on 10w30 EC oil and yet nothing happen to their clutches. some motorcycle bikes builders suggested clutches slipping by a new oil is just revealing a worn clutch spring or bad plates.

• 2 weeks later...

after months of fighting urge, got myself a bottle of Amsoil TCW-3 oil for UCL today from Mxtradings. saw royal purple TCW-3 too but decide to get amsoil as personally i don't like RP due to it marketing hype.

lots of wonderful oil there. Redline, pennzoil, mobil, motul etc. damn!!! almost fell into the trap of getting a few bottles of goodies espcially looking at the shinning label of redline:cheeky:

after months of fighting urge, got myself a bottle of Amsoil TCW-3 oil for UCL today from Mxtradings. saw royal purple TCW-3 too but decide to get amsoil as personally i don't like RP due to it marketing hype.

lots of wonderful oil there. Redline, pennzoil, mobil, motul etc. damn!!! almost fell into the trap of getting a few bottles of goodies espcially looking at the shinning label of redline:cheeky:

Dont forget to put up your reviews

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg228/mercenary_017/BusaKenji.jpg

certainly sir!

my interest is now on fuel additives. the more i read about engine oil, slowly begin to realise different oil matters little. without UOA it take the fun out of comparing oils. thankfully this help to clear my oil storage. haha... but at the sametime, my additives is adding up. i have MMO, SI-1, FP60 and TCW-3 now:cheeky: likely have to mix and match to clear those stuffs fast:thumb:

• 2 weeks later...

just finish 3 tanks of TCW3. might have see a 1-2km jump per litre of petrol. but frankly, i feel that MMO help my bike run smoother. overall, i do feel that some UCL to petrol does indeed help. especially cheapo like me that run on SPC92:cheeky:

anyway, i am now trying to get a source for this Petro-Canada HDEO. they have HDEO that is JASO MA, MA2 approved. if the price is good, will get a bottle to try. haha...

check up this link. i am more interested in Duron-E XL which is semi-synthetic. will post the price here if i manage to track down the seller.

how long have you been running your with your current clutch plate? i have read that bikes have been running on 10w30 EC oil and yet nothing happen to their clutches. some motorcycle bikes builders suggested clutches slipping by a new oil is just revealing a worn clutch spring or bad plates.

hmm, i believe you are right regarding worn clutch. that is my personal view that my current clutch plate is used or worn soon.

Hey Guys, im just wondering what good engine oil is recommended for a 4 stroke 150cc bike ? Something that reduces vibrations,make ride very smooth and powerful and does its duty well as an engine oil ?? advise me on brand name and price pls ? i believe you guys should noe whats good and whats not. thnks in advance.

Hey Guys, im just wondering what good engine oil is recommended for a 4 stroke 150cc bike ? Something that reduces vibrations,make ride very smooth and powerful and does its duty well as an engine oil ?? advise me on brand name and price pls ? i believe you guys should noe whats good and whats not. thnks in advance.

there is no mechanic in a can. if there is an engine problem or the is designed as such, oil will not solve your problem.

you can try a 50wt oil and see if it does quiet things down a bit. the higher HTHS might help. but check your bike manual first whether is it fine to run a 50wt oil. as for brand, just find something decent will do.

some will advice on using engine oil additives which i don't think it quite a good option without proper testing.

good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

After trying Chex and Motul 5100 on my previous phantom, I am now back to Mobil 20W50 mineral on my Bajaj Pulsar, and frankly cant really make out any difference. I think it varies from bike to bike. I think phantom is more sensitive to engine oil, can instantly feel the difference in gear shifting etc but Bajaj pulsar can just take in anything, this bike seriously rocks, excellent FC and also not very fussy. :thumb:

After trying Chex and Motul 5100 on my previous phantom, I am now back to Mobil 20W50 mineral on my Bajaj Pulsar, and frankly cant really make out any difference. I think it varies from bike to bike. I think phantom is more sensitive to engine oil, can instantly feel the difference in gear shifting etc but Bajaj pulsar can just take in anything, this bike seriously rocks, excellent FC and also not very fussy. :thumb:

@revhappy, didn't you ride a phantom? sold it off?

I am riding an impulse now, and the gear shifts are really clunky. its either due to EO or my revs are not high enough.

either way, will be trying out Royal Purple at my next oil change this week. looking forward to it since i have heard good things. although i am getting the generic one which is not motorcycle specific, so like to make sure if it is wet clutch compatible as well.

@revhappy, didn't you ride a phantom? sold it off?

I am riding an impulse now, and the gear shifts are really clunky. its either due to EO or my revs are not high enough.

either way, will be trying out Royal Purple at my next oil change this week. looking forward to it since i have heard good things. although i am getting the generic one which is not motorcycle specific, so like to make sure if it is wet clutch compatible as well.

Yeah sold off the phantom. Only 2+ years COE was remaining and I realized, phantom has good resale so might as well sell it off now. If I wait it will depreciate more. Bought a Bajaj pulsar FBB plate still 5 years COE to go. So far happy with the ride.

For the clunkiness of your gears, maybe thats the way it is. Every bike model has a different feel to it. See if you can try another bike of same model and compare. I doubt whether the brand of oil makes so much difference, its more about the how old the oil has been running in the bike. Also make sure your clutch plates are fine and the clutch cable is adjusted properly.