SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Engine Oil Discussion

ypvs

for cb400 what engine oil the best?

Best oil ? Hrm i guess it should motul too. One bottle which cost $35

I am using Motul 5100 15W50 now but is a bit ex at $18 per bottle.But my Suzuki Bandit 1250 love it. Will keep an eye how the oil behave after 4k. Silkolene semi synthetic 15W50 selling at $12 and Maxima syn blend $15 per bottle at Bikeworkz.

Thanks bro for the price updates

Sent from my MB511 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you go to a car mechanic to fix a bike? Same theory..:cool:

Sent from my Lion Value Call using Tapatalk

if he have the ability, tools and the price is right, why not?

that does not answer anything. just a poorly attempt analogy. but i already have my answer from you. thanks anyway.

if he have the ability, tools and the price is right, why not?

that does not answer anything. just a poorly attempt analogy. but i already have my answer from you. thanks anyway.

Sorry for it being a poor analogy. Must have been the concussion that left me in a coma for 2 days thats affecting me. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

server error

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

My 1400 user manual didnt state must use fully syn.. It juz state recommended to use eo with rating 10W-40 mt e specific requirements.. Im using semi syn Maxima brand n change every 5000km.. Y 5000km ? Coz its my magic number lah lolz... Stop wasting $ on something that u dun utilise it to its optimum but its not my $$ so im not bothere :)

"Shut Up n Ride"

That's what the user manual state too. 10w40 oil but did not indicate semi or fully. I will go with the semi route to try out anyways but no. . . I m not ready to try car brands on a motorbike. Sori.

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

i just wish they make more colourful engine oil. like motul 300v and royal purple. unlike the normal brown colouring additive that most engine oil use. it make good marketing sense too. haha...
Put food colouring in then. :cool:

Sent from Your Ericsson T10 using Tapatalk

KRGT-1

i just wish they make more colourful engine oil. like motul 300v and royal purple. unlike the normal brown colouring additive that most engine oil use. it make good marketing sense too. haha...

Wakakaka...

http://neobokrug.the-wastelands.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Rainbow-Puke.jpg

ahhaha, imagine when filling EO, got rainbow go in. then drain EO, got rainbow come out!

colouring is already added to the oil. the base oils is normally water clear. most additive will not affect it colouring except detergents which will cause the oil to turn slightly darker. colouring will turn the oil to it desire dark amber for most engine oil. some brand will have dye it differently. kind of fun. haha...

arbine;7538872']tried amsoil 10w-40....quite good....but i changed at 5000+' date=' kiasu sgrean ^_^[/quote']

Amsoil is good stuff. extremely well-bulit oil. maybe an example of an over-engineered motorcycle oil:thumb:

on the other end of the scale, i am going to use some cheapo castrol lorry oil likely blend from solvent extract base oil. API SG rated which is obsolute. changing it out every 2,000km and call it a day:cheeky: for my usage, i don't think i need amsoil as i don't intend to throw 4 ball-bearings into my kup's crankcase as well as i don't think kup can generate between 21,178 to 289,000psi on it gears. yeah, i taking a cheap shot at amsoil motorcycle white paper. haha...

Motul. Cant go wrong with them. They are by far the overall winner in most categories. Can google abt it for more info, they provide one of the best protection, lubrication, cleaning and high temp sustaining w/o breaking down so fast. The SOAP(Spectrographic Oil Analysis Programme...most so used in the aviation industry than elsewhere) sampling is the best amongst the rest (with least amt of metal residue left).

Just bought a schnell maximax 2 100%syn...5w60

NOt sure about 60wt of oil as 1st time using.

Previously have been using 50wt such as chexx,maxima ETC..

I will be changing it tomorrow.

Its spec is API SG/CF,JASO-MA

just got myself a same brand but this time for car use oil. 0w40. not sure if this oil can make it anot. it cost 22.99 for 4L. this sat I will change it.

cannot wait to try it so have changed it yesterday and starting feel is very silent of engine until I thought it is dying off but it never. changing of gears is good unlike the wt60 for bike which is so heavy. will update more after I tried it for sometime for this 0wt40 same brand but is a full syn car oil

Read in the mag that car oils does not meet the sheer resistance for bikes. And cars have different gearboxs.

Dun flame me I know nuts

Car oils are cheap man. For a fully syn. Should I buy some and treat it like semi sys oils? Change oil intervals at 5000km similar to semi syn moto oil? Hrm. . . .

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

If there's dirt in ur engine then u should quickly overhaul the bike.

There should not be dirt in the engine. The engine is suppose to be "air tight".

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

60wt oil? kinda heavy isnt it?

i suppose it is only required in certain engine configuration. Motul getting too expensive. Schaffer is allright.

have yet to try Rock Oil and Royal Purple. RP out of stock, Rock Oil only comes in 50 weight from First Motor.....

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

Read in the mag that car oils does not meet the sheer resistance for bikes. And cars have different gearboxs.

Dun flame me I know nuts

Car oils are cheap man. For a fully syn. Should I buy some and treat it like semi sys oils? Change oil intervals at 5000km similar to semi syn moto oil? Hrm. . . .

the issue wif car oils are friction modifiers (FM), which is great for engines wif seperate clutch, not most of our bikes wif wet clutch. some brands apparently works okay even wif some FM in them n doesnt harm the wet clutch, though its more of a trial-n-error + luck thing.

regarding shear resistance, you are right. most car oils break down very quickly in the bike engine due to the oil being used to lubricate the gearbox as well. dats why if u wanna try, lorry oils a.k.a HDEO are still okay since they are somehow more shear resistant. personal experience is that they are even being used in the engines and gearboxes of our army lorries. so the oils can take the stress in them, why not our small engines? :)

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Bought a performance bike that specifies using 10w40 oil but also state that if unavailable, can use 20w50.

A little paranoid putting my schaeffers 20w50 in but have so many bottles with me ):

I agree that phantom is very sensitive to engine oil. Can immediately feel the difference and deterioration.

I like royal purple SAE oils. Yes its meant for cars but they stated in their website a while back that for bikes is okay too.

Regarding the frequency of change, best is to follow the manual for your vehicle.

Anyway, i took this video. Its very significant in the drag between w50 and w40 oils ):

http://s239.photobucket.com/albums/ff37/hydher/steed/?action=view&current=MVI_1321.mp4

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff37/hydher/steed/IMG_1322-2.jpg

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Ok thank u.

Now I know I willl not pour car engine oil in

Would rather pour bike semi syn in and change intervals to 4000-5000km

I dare not try lorry stuff. Cost of repairs to my bike would be too costly

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda cbr 600 rr