SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archive] [Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2008

PaLmEr

:dot: hi i am still newbie ,just bought spec3 5mth ago 2nd hand ,when i start my bike sometimes my headlight didn't turn on but the rear light is on,so i play with the on..off switch a few times then ok,the headlight is on.....my question is the problem came from the battery should i change it?or the light bulb,or any wiring problem pls help.... n how i want to know is the battery is weak???PLS HELP:dot:

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dot: hi i am still newbie ,just bought spec3 5mth ago 2nd hand ,when i start my bike sometimes my headlight didn't turn on but the rear light is on,so i play with the on..off switch a few times then ok,the headlight is on.....my question is the problem came from the battery should i change it?or the light bulb,or any wiring problem pls help.... n how i want to know is the battery is weak???PLS HELP:dot:

Take off your headlamp and check see the socket for your H4 bulb has partially melted. You may oso want to spray WD40 or use electronic contact cleaner to clean the switch.

To verified if your battery is ok..you need a voltage multimeter to measure across the terminal..make sure the set the meter to DC reading correctly and itn its range,,should read at least 12vdc..lowest 11.8vdc. the other thing is that you can check the rectifier output and see the charging voltage is correct at 13.8vdc. May be, can do it in a Mototiam..they may charge you for testing.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

i was thinkin too.. but the forum ppl here who noe how to do is not frenly enuff.. they wont reply 1... any1 got idea wher can fix cheap spec 3 tail?? kindly share your idea..

the forumers are friendly most of the time, but they may not be able to spend so much time to answer questions and not to mention spend time and energy to help others to fix up things. Remember, many of them hold full time jobs or studies and are not charging a fee (or maybe for kopi).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

bros...i'm looking for a projector headlight for my s4...does anione noes where i cud get them? even if its only the lens it wud be ok...

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/Biomodified/biomodified.jpg

In Loving Memory: Muhammad Borhan Bin Jamal

A Cousin, A Friend, My Biking Mentor

bros...i'm looking for a projector headlight for my s4...does anione noes where i cud get them? even if its only the lens it wud be ok...

i have a pair at home, thinking of putting on my S4 but have no idea where to put it!

Ah Pek, can put your name (Erm... your photo also?) in Wikipedia already:

Ah Pek - the practical and theoretical aspects of DIY motorcycle servicing......:thumb:

LOL!..think so?...afterward the publisher say..can you demostrate..like that..:faint: liao...tools oso don't have :cry:

Continue...

Gearchanging problems

Doesn't go into gear or lever doesn't return

1) Clutch not disengaging.

2) Selector fork bent or seized. Often caused by dropping the machine or

from lack of lubrication. Overhaul the transmission.

3) Gear(s) stuck on shaft. Most often caused by a lack of lubrication or

excessive wear in transmission bearings and bushes. Overhaul the

transmission.

4) Selector drum binding. Caused by lubrication failure or excessive wear.

Renew the drum and bearing.

5) Gearchange lever return spring weak or broken.

6) Gearchange lever broken. Splines stripped out of lever or shaft.

caused by allowing the lever to get loose or from dropping the

machine. Renew necessary parts.

7) Gearchange mechanism stopper arm broken or worn. Full engagement and

rotary movement of selector drum results. Renew the arm.

8) Stopper arm spring broken. Allows arm to float, causing sporadic

selector operation. Renew the spring.

Jumps out of gear

1) Selector fork(s) worn. Overhaul the transmission.

2) Gear groove(s) worn. Overhaul the transmission.

3) Gear dogs or dog slots worn or damaged. The gears should be inspected

and renewed. No attempt should be made to service the worn parts.

Overselects

1) Stopper arm spring weak or broken.

2) Gearchange shaft return spring post broken or distorted.

...to be continued :cheer:

Is there any offical Honda website to see the specifications of the bike?

Honda NSR150 SP : 26/10/2007 --> 10/10/2009

Suzuki Swift 1.3A : 10/01/2009 --> 01/01/10

Dodge Neon : US 03/01/10 --> US 20/09/10

Kawasaki KLX125 : 27/09/10 --> 04/06/11

Yamaha X1-R : 09/06/11 --> 22/06/16

Vespa LX150 : 22/06/16 --> ???

i have a pair at home, thinking of putting on my S4 but have no idea where to put it!

Crash bar? Seen it mounted before on a Ver R at singpost. Well technically not projector lamps, but mini spotlights that can be seen on cars.

August 2006 - April 2008 = White Stallion V 1.0

April 2008 - Present = White Stallion V 2.0 :thumb:

http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v317/70/77/501577230/n501577230_1096539_3132.jpg

Saddlebags be cool!

the forumers are friendly most of the time, but they may not be able to spend so much time to answer questions and not to mention spend time and energy to help others to fix up things. Remember, many of them hold full time jobs or studies and are not charging a fee (or maybe for kopi).

duh, why the need to reply him?

he himself already said not friendly le, but still wan ask. wanna test water see got ppl here into reverse phsycology meh :dot:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/lion_dance_revolution/ani/SWIMMING.gifhttp://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k180/lion_dance_revolution/ani/HOT.gif

Crash bar? Seen it mounted before on a Ver R at singpost. Well technically not projector lamps, but mini spotlights that can be seen on cars.

was actually thinking of using it to replace my Spec III headlamps, then use the low beam as a HID projector.

was actually thinking of using it to replace my Spec III headlamps, then use the low beam as a HID projector.

I was thinking of that too, but with all the modding involved on the ori headlight, my heart somehow felt un easy...so i'm thinking of buyin the alien headlight and installing it there...halogen plus projector lens, confirm :giddy:

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m420/Biomodified/biomodified.jpg

In Loving Memory: Muhammad Borhan Bin Jamal

A Cousin, A Friend, My Biking Mentor

haloo!!

im goin bkk early july..

anyone noe where i can find a honda bike shop? i mean those tat specialize in super 4 parts..

cos my cdi is spoilt, was pondering whether there mite be one in bkk..

thanks!!

Lookin good in dem jeans,

Look even better with ME in between

Anyone reply me please?

Hehe!

Honda NSR150 SP : 26/10/2007 --> 10/10/2009

Suzuki Swift 1.3A : 10/01/2009 --> 01/01/10

Dodge Neon : US 03/01/10 --> US 20/09/10

Kawasaki KLX125 : 27/09/10 --> 04/06/11

Yamaha X1-R : 09/06/11 --> 22/06/16

Vespa LX150 : 22/06/16 --> ???

Anyone reply me please?

Hehe!

Wah!!!...nobody care about you huh?...I just it was such a simple question that nobody care...LOL! I think so to lah...but aiyah...pity you leh...heeee...x3!

Next time do a Google search lah...just type "Honda" and plenty will come out mah...at least you shouldhave tot of "Honda.com" mah...Singapore is .sg...Japan is ".jp"...etc..

Anyway...here is one - http://powersports.honda.com/index.asp?bhcp=1

Don't know what you looking for but for most site like the USA, European, Australia..etc..all are 600cc and above for roaster. The rest are mixed.

If you go Thailand, Indonesia..etc...site..you find lots of the smaller one..Kup-Kiea plenty. Anyway if you are into S4...Japan site has the spec, history etc..good luck. That link givem avove should have a link to the Ji_Poon_Kiea site lah.:dot: