SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki KRR150 Riders

95 Emperor

1 hour ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

Hi, can anyone enlightenment me on the mods available for the krr? Many thx

What are you looking for mate? Handling? Power? Outlook? 

7 hours ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

More power, definitely!! 🤣

Then send your block for porting. Head skims. Change of reed valves to maybe boyesen petals, or vforce 2/3/4. Remove the catalytic converter in the exhaust. Remove the stopper in the muffler. Ream or lay your carb, make the bellmouths slighy bigger maybe from 28mm to 30 or 31mm. 

Exhaust modification fines, $500 hahaha. Careful.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

Hi, can anyone enlightenment me on the mods available for the krr? Many thx

15 hours ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

More power, definitely!! 🤣

From most expensive mods onwards

1) port block

2) carb jet setting

3) Remove air filters (usually already remove unless your previous owner wan to keep stock) - after remove air filter, will need to do some minor settings on the carb as well. (Bear in mind, after removal of air filter, your carb will need to clean more frequently.. as frequent as 3 months once to 6 months once.. after 6 months FC will drop.. very easy to clean but need to be careful on the screws to open the carb as they are quite "filmy" and can become rounded if your tools are normal home tools..

4) Empty belly but again, as below, will cause you 500 for any modification to exhaust system. (if yours is fully stock exhaust-rusty belly) then go online and see if anyone selling empty stomach.. can consider to use daily but be prepare to swap back. (please ensure both belly same colour in case anything happen)

8 hours ago, SkyVersace said:

Then send your block for porting. Head skims. Change of reed valves to maybe boyesen petals, or vforce 2/3/4. Remove the catalytic converter in the exhaust. Remove the stopper in the muffler. Ream or lay your carb, make the bellmouths slighy bigger maybe from 28mm to 30 or 31mm. 

Exhaust modification fines, $500 hahaha. Careful.

hahaha.. exhaust modification is the fastest but again, there's alternative to boost more power.. as above..

Edited by adesmond2
  • Like 2

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

14 hours ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

Much appreciated, guys!!! Exhaust mod sounds tempting!!! 😁

I wish JB was open!!!

haha.. not just you hoping.. I'm sure everyone is hoping... I wonder if the motorcycle shops are still open after this period.. haix...

• Haha 2

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

• 1 month later...
Just now, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

Which is better? Pricing?

Depends on your requirements and budget bro. Some would suggest to mod/ream your current vm28 carb out to ard 31 32mm size. 

From my experience using keihins, theyre punchy bottom end. PWK airstrykers or PWK QV. Since this is about KRs, if youre running on std block, probably max 34mm. But ive done overkill on mine with 36mm pwk qv. Hahah. Also, some recommend using SP's carb. Keihin PWL28 round slide

Mikuni shld go for tm or tmx models. 32 33 34mm sizes is enough. More to mid and high end. The std model on KR is mikuni VM28. If u can find VM30, its good too. 

Lectrons are the cream of the crop bro. Im using that for my race bike. 34mm. No main jet. No pilot jet. Just power jet and a metering rod. Linear power delivery. Easiest to set in all honesty. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SkyVersace said:

Depends on your requirements and budget bro. Some would suggest to mod/ream your current vm28 carb out to ard 31 32mm size. 

From my experience using keihins, theyre punchy bottom end. PWK airstrykers or PWK QV. Since this is about KRs, if youre running on std block, probably max 34mm. But ive done overkill on mine with 36mm pwk qv. Hahah. Also, some recommend using SP's carb. Keihin PWL28 round slide

Mikuni shld go for tm or tmx models. 32 33 34mm sizes is enough. More to mid and high end. The std model on KR is mikuni VM28. If u can find VM30, its good too. 

Lectrons are the cream of the crop bro. Im using that for my race bike. 34mm. No main jet. No pilot jet. Just power jet and a metering rod. Linear power delivery. Easiest to set in all honesty. 

Thx alot, man! I didn't expect such a detailed explanation 😅.  Thx again.

Could you please kindly advise where can I get a keihin 34mm or mikuni 34mm?

Edited by MoToRpSyChO11
Add more
  • Like 1

Thx alot, man! I didn't expect such a detailed explanation 😅.  Thx again.

Could you please kindly advise where can I get a keihin 34mm?

Alot of knockoffs are available online. 

Read here to ensure genuine keihins.

http://www.sudco.com/genuine_vs_fake_carburetors.html

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

And how about Reed Valve?std or vforce?

And ya, I'm using std block

Reed valves also depends too mate. 

Bottom to mid range? Go for vforce 3 or vforce 4 r

Going for top end? Go for boyesen model 755 reeds. Make sure its original too for these.

Balance, go for std reeds.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SkyVersace said:

Reed valves also depends too mate. 

Bottom to mid range? Go for vforce 3 or vforce 4 r

Going for top end? Go for boyesen model 755 reeds. Make sure its original too for these.

Balance, go for std reeds.

Balance sounds better, not everyday I full throttle. Haha.... depends on mood, sometime jus rilex, chill ride at 60 70...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

Bro, you said you are selling parts. Could you kindly advice price for ignition, tank cap with lock and seat lock. Thx!

Check your inbox bro

• Like 1

Balance sounds better, not everyday I full throttle. Haha.... depends on mood, sometime jus rilex, chill ride at 60 70...

Then stick to std reeds bro hehe

• Thanks 1

hahaha.. suddenly so many conversation and both of you online at the same time.. 👍 on internal mods.. haha.. 

how i wish i can continue to keep my krr till forever~~

Meanwhile, scrapping my KRR this coming december, need any parts, just update me.. head bracket/ head fairing/side fairing/speedo=  self keep

The rest, just pm me your contact number and your expected pricing. 

Bike still can run easily.. no issues on block/carb and etc.. running on 2T pump, not premix-  Motul 2T 710. 

*if anyone wan to buy 2T also can update me.. brought too many bottles from shop.. LOL..  I brought at $28 each bottle or is it $25? Need to go back motor shop and check.. LOL..

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

Hey adesmond2 , you can buy another 😉krr.... 

i'm currently owning one.. why need to buy another one? hahahaha..

it's due to scrap by next year Jan, so I'll be scraping this year.. Pointless to buy another one since inspection is all upgraded to standardise euro standards if you haven't hear about it.. (which means, you cannot pass your exhaust inspection already) 90% of the bikes that's not euro standard will be scrap or cannot pass inspection (not road worthy)..

4 minutes ago, MoToRpSyChO11 said:

Walao! Like that, I die la!!!

hahaha.. you go and try and update us here in forum lor.. :D 

1 minute ago, adesmond2 said:

hahaha.. you go and try and update us here in forum lor.. :D 

I'm due for inspection in September,  idk what I'm gonna do!!! Somebody save me!

Think maybe sell off, hahaha 😆