SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Discrimination against m'cycles/cyclists/

Keynes

Is there discrimination against m'cycles/cyclists in SG  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Is there discrimination against m'cycles/cyclists in SG

After reading this thread, i am really tempted to ride to The Cathay, go into the carpark as a paying motorist, get my wheel clamped then make a huge hoohah to the media with pictures and everything to show.

I think for bikes, they use chains to clamp your wheel. Better for you to bring along a bolt cutter. They clamp, you cut... :thumb:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After reading this thread, i am really tempted to ride to The Cathay, go into the carpark as a paying motorist, get my wheel clamped then make a huge hoohah to the media with pictures and everything to show.

well perhaps you should.

i wrote to the LTA about some other issues and i get well a sooo diplomatic reply....abt knowing the situation la, working on it la, but no real ans DUH.

http://www.emilystrange.com/aaaemily/myspace/adds/ICanSeeYouEmilyStrange.gif

I think for bikes, they use chains to clamp your wheel. Better for you to bring along a bolt cutter. They clamp, you cut... :thumb:

wrong, they clamp, i send to stomp and call ST reporter.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

Discrimanation is everywhere , juz have to live wif it . As long as the mindset of bikes being a poor man's transport still exists , bikers will always be discriminated , regardless of how rich the person is .

Anyway , we have our freedom not to go to the place of interest , there r still many pther places to go mah .

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

When i travel in other countries, people actually go out of the way to accomodate my bike. A good example was in Thailand, where they shifted a BMW 7 series out of the enclosed compound so that my Super 4 could park inside safely.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

i'm not sure about this thread. but enlighten me.

i mean, if most motorcyclists claimed that they are as good as they are on the road, we would have more better drivers, cus I am Pretty Sure that mcyclists-turn-drivers would change their mentality once they step into their newly aquired 4wheelers..

why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly..

1 person, they'll think of u as a nuisance, trouble-maker. since i started de cathay thingy, i suggest best we go as a group, a biking community. better.

maybe we can organise a dinner outing? gives everyone a reason for de meet-up and know-each-other thingy as well.

if it really works, maybe we can form a group going ard fighting for our rights as 'motorists', and not just double standards everywhere. there's bound to be trouble here and there, no doubt, but guys, trying is 50% success rate, either yes, or no. but if we dun even try, and just complain and do nothing,

then its 0%. sporeans are known for NATO. so... ...

make it happen, guys..:thumb:

its nt tat i'm against motorcyclist or anything...but sometimes its the bad eggs amongst the good ones that spoils the entire group.

I will call it stereotyping...

One half lies on the mindset of the society...

relating bikers to nt so well to do family..nt as matured compared to the drivers..

the other halfs lies on ourselves the bikers...

actually we ourselves are also stereotyping here..we sees the society for discriminating us...although there are some who r nt!

okok..this point aside....

the fact is that young guys, when reached the legal age of 18, get their license..wat kind of vehicle would he get?an average guy could only afford a bike..

After he gets a bike...being young and normally more impulsive..drives more recklessly/dangerously on more occasions thus also spoiling the entire image of the biker community..

i'm nt saying that there arent any young drivers driving their rich dads cars dangerously but the numbers are definitely much lesser compared to bikers..

neither m i saying that only young ppl rides/drives recklessly...some immature old fags also does stupids things on the roads too..

We hav much to blame for..being discriminated...(that doesnt means that they r right to discriminate us) & we hav much to do if we really wan to change the point of view of the entire society..

The only way to find love isn't finding the perfect person, but by loving the imperfect person perfectly. True love doesn't have a good ending. It simply doesn't end.

2003 Nov - 2005 April -TZR125

2005 April - 2006 Nov -TA200

2006 Nov - 2010 June -TA200 & RS250

2010 June - Now - FZ1 & RS250

2015 June - Now - GSA 1200 & RS250

actually i long thought of riding into the cathay car park, pay the $2 per entry n go in occupy a car lot cos i pay CAR rates. so when wanna go palmer??

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

IMHO, I think paying the same as a car for a parking lot for a bike may not be the right solution. In fact, it could furthur fuel the hatred for bikers by drivers. Imagine bikers start coming into parking lots each occupying a space 5 times that of their width. Of course it's a different case for a Goldwing. Wouldn't a car use that space more efficiently?

While it may seem convenient to pay more for a car lot, in reality it won't work out. The better solution would be to build bike lots but then we're returning back to the vicious cycle; who the fuck is going to build them?

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9907/albumpicvr3.jpg

• 1 month later...
IMHO, I think paying the same as a car for a parking lot for a bike may not be the right solution. In fact, it could furthur fuel the hatred for bikers by drivers. Imagine bikers start coming into parking lots each occupying a space 5 times that of their width. Of course it's a different case for a Goldwing. Wouldn't a car use that space more efficiently?

While it may seem convenient to pay more for a car lot, in reality it won't work out. The better solution would be to build bike lots but then we're returning back to the vicious cycle; who the fuck is going to build them?

no one is going to build them. we park car lot is actually not a bad idea. hatred between drivers and riders is always there, no matter how u see it. u park there they'll make noise. yes. if we dun park there, will they thank us?

and btw, haven u seen funny cars who park at bike lots? sometimes occupying up to 5-6 lots? i've seen it all too often.

I recall I did park at a car lot once after telling the parking attendant that my bike was too big to park at the motorcycle lots & will pay for the car lot....

But then again, that was at Lot 10 in KL.... hahahahahaha!!!

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Well, unfortunately... I'm a dual-vehicle owner. I got a VFR & a weekend-plate Getz. I like the comfort & praticality of my car when I need to travel with wifey & my 3 kiddos but still, I love the thrill & time/cost-savings factor of a bike.

But I do agree that The Cathay is a stupid building... Lucky for me, there's nothing worth visiting down there...

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Another place is Junction 8 shopping centre....last time dunno gopark inside..outside put erp cash card parking...then i think okie mah....i got erp and cash card..then i went in....find a place to park...nb no place to park...then a security guard ask me park outside...i ask him pask where?he say...park anyelse but not here!!! wah lau..i was like...wtf?i pay lar....how much ur parkling?then when i ride out i discovered there is a MSCP at the interchange there...:angel:

Another(Another) place is SEntosa...how come cars can go in we cannot? we pay also lar....dun disciminate us lar...we juz wanna ride in....y must us park at vivo and take the mrt or bus in again?wah lau wake up idea leh..if u want more business....:sian:

Did management give their reasons for not allowing bike into their carpark? I find it rather ridiculous.... besides The Cathay nothing much also, just plain cinema and some shops,like as if im so desperate to go there, Cine oso another brainless 1 haha but luckily beside got parking lot tho not free hehe

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Sinfillled_Siggy.jpg