SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Discrimination against m'cycles/cyclists/

Keynes

Is there discrimination against m'cycles/cyclists in SG  

306 members have voted

1. 1. Is there discrimination against m'cycles/cyclists in SG

Think of it this way guys!!

Why there is discrinination towards bikers is probably due to jealousy!!

They are jealous they can't ride a bicycle

They are jealous they can't be a pillion

They are jealous that their age old parents disallowed them to ride a bicycle.

They are just birds who dare to travel with their cage on!!

Why bother about them when i noe i reaches my destination faster than them and yet pay much less?

Think as if we are the smarter and superior intelligent human beings than those monkeys that view bikers as a 2nd rated citizen.

Change your perspective and it can change your life.

In this world, there always a + and there is always a -. It applies to anything you do. Life goes on, no qualms about it. :cheers:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my 2 cents,

sometimes i wake up late have to rush to work.

instead of riding, i take a cab since im in a hurry (being late causes us to make wrong and unsafe decisions while riding, this applies to all road users, drivers, riders or even public transporters) n still a lil too drowsy to ride.

while in a cab, 80% of the time i notice that a taxi driver loves to tailgate other road users, be it rider or driver. many times i imagine that the rider is me, n just a sudden E brake from the rider to avoid obstructions or sudden accidents will cause the taxi to just rear end him immediately.

what does rearend from a taxi mean to a rider? it means ur rear tyre lose control and almost a guranteed accident.

but this isnt just limited to bikes, taxi drivers will also tailgate drivers, especially on the expressways...

so do taxi drivers discriminate us? maybe from a riders perspective yes, but to a driver, no, since they get the same treatment from taxis.

but i still agree that bikes are discriminated in sg...

for the sentosa case, since now so much construction is going on there, why cant they just make a bike parking area just after the entrance of sentosa? doesnt mean we ride thru out the island, its just riding into the island and parking there so that we could have easier access to sentosa without over crowding the trains or buses.

i can understand the reason for not letting bikes ride thru out the island, as the steep and winding roads could create situations whereby even the most experienced of riders could get into accidents.

and lets say the rider fell into the bushes n vegetation along with his bike, who would know his hurt? who would even know there has been an accident.

and to those of us riders who says the black sheep of our kind are the daredevil riders, well, dont u think that there is a lil of daredevil-ness in all of us? i think it takes guts to ride a bike. not everyone could do it. u gotta have balls to put ur body on a bike and ride even 80kph without a metal shell covering you.

racing in traffic...

:cool:

my 2 cents,

instead of riding, i take a cab since im in a hurry (being late causes us to make wrong and unsafe decisions while riding, this applies to all road users, drivers, riders or even public transporters) n still a lil too drowsy to ride.

while in a cab, 80% of the time i notice that a taxi driver loves to tailgate other road users, be it rider or driver. many times i imagine that the rider is me, n just a sudden E brake from the rider to avoid obstructions or sudden accidents will cause the taxi to just rear end him immediately.

what does rearend from a taxi mean to a rider? it means ur rear tyre lose control and almost a guranteed accident.

but this isnt just limited to bikes, taxi drivers will also tailgate drivers, especially on the expressways...

so do taxi drivers discriminate us? maybe from a riders perspective yes, but to a driver, no, since they get the same treatment from taxis.

for the sentosa case, since now so much construction is going on there, why cant they just make a bike parking area just after the entrance of sentosa? doesnt mean we ride thru out the island, its just riding into the island and parking there so that we could have easier access to sentosa without over crowding the trains or buses.

i can understand the reason for not letting bikes ride thru out the island, as the steep and winding roads could create situations whereby even the most experienced of riders could get into accidents.

and lets say the rider fell into the bushes n vegetation along with his bike, who would know his hurt? who would even know there has been an accident.

and to those of us riders who says the black sheep of our kind are the daredevil riders, well, dont u think that there is a lil of daredevil-ness in all of us? i think it takes guts to ride a bike. not everyone could do it. u gotta have balls to put ur body on a bike and ride even 80kph without a metal shell covering you.

:clap::clap::clap:

How time flies...

Big is certainly a warning but small can be downright scary! Never underestimate the effectiveness of small.

Is there a need to feel inferior and blame everything that doesn't go in your favour on discrimination? "Oh look, I can't get my way with this, it must be discrimination."

The eternal truth is that no one can eliminate discrimination from the world.

Really, there is no need to look down on yourself like that. Most people aren't out to get you, and there's no need to make up and excuse to think that they are.

I agree with Pplater's comments:

:thumb:

sg pple always tend to haf tis mindset, my vehicle is bigger than urs, so u shud siam when u see mi .. but wat i tink is tat ..

As above mentioned :thumb:The eternal truth is that no one can eliminate discrimination from the world.

IMO, a harmony mindset in life, and gracious towards discrimination mindset would make a very pleasant, blissful and more safer journey for riding / cycling. It also would be helpful to help one another to inculcate and cultivate a friendly, gracious and enjoyable experience and journey in life.

May we all try to achieve the attainable gracious self and harmony mindset for the well being of us and our riding sweet experience and togetherness. It begins to develop from a small self in you into the large self of us.

Hope you never get sian:dozed: and offended from this opinion.

Take care & together we can achieve...as the signature stated discrimination and harmony are two sides of the same coin.....I think it shld mean that one can choose to discriminate or harmony.....

:cheers:

Edited by aixin
http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0016.gif http://www.animated-gifs.eu/transportation-riders/0077.gif

• 4 weeks later...

another discrimination - Woodlands Checkpoint

wtf is that we need to share the same slope that the cages go to the imigration and there is NO MARKING for bikes lane. a lot of goondo cagers just drive so close to the left and as a result, bikers have to paddle through them (can't run away if you hit their stupid side mirrors). ICA shd just paint a designated route for bikes. How much does it cost anyway. If gahmen no money, I go and paint! really pathetic!

HELP FIND MY BIKE! Blue RXZ (New Model), completely stock FBB3668U Stolen from Block 502A MSCP Choa Chu Kang Street 51

Public policy on this shld be relooked and changed. Here is a video fr a well-known cycling professor who looks at how policy in some countries have actually made it safe for cyclists. http://www.sfu.ca/city/city_pgm_video020.htm

For a start i think there shld be more biker friendly road signs just to remind motorists we are all sharing the road, n this is nt just a playground to go fast around.

• 1 month later...
another discrimination - Woodlands Checkpoint

wtf is that we need to share the same slope that the cages go to the imigration and there is NO MARKING for bikes lane. a lot of goondo cagers just drive so close to the left and as a result, bikers have to paddle through them (can't run away if you hit their stupid side mirrors). ICA shd just paint a designated route for bikes. How much does it cost anyway. If gahmen no money, I go and paint! really pathetic!

Actually, this is prove that the authorities are not discriminating, ALL vehicles have equal treatment all using same road!

Thererfore no special markings for motorcycles!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Good point. Had you noticed on certain popular bicycles routes, got a sign - Watch out for cyclists? i.e : Lim Chu Kang Road, Coastal road near changi village, Mandai road.

Singapore governement had been doing something for cyclist.

Public policy on this shld be relooked and changed. Here is a video fr a well-known cycling professor who looks at how policy in some countries have actually made it safe for cyclists. http://www.sfu.ca/city/city_pgm_video020.htm

For a start i think there shld be more biker friendly road signs just to remind motorists we are all sharing the road, n this is nt just a playground to go fast around.

i often see cars parked illegally :

1) Along Yio Chu Kang Road at the serangoon north ave 1 junction

2) Along Serangoon Road at Whampoa East junction

3) Toa payoh central road opposite church of the risen Christ

4) Sengkang west avenue to sengkang east avenue

y no tp catch 1??? but when motorbike park at foodpath coz no parking space all complaint 1??

oso i kana accident wif car got witness see it is car driver mistake TP come say he never see accident my biz loh. only check my licence never bother to check driver licence????

my 2 cents,

well said... it's true.. i used to be scare of riding, even on expressway, my max is around 60*first time 70*2nd/3rd time? and it increases over period.. cuz the imgane of me on the floor.. will not be nice.. and my skins will peel and etc.. but after riding on the road for several years.. and my bike remains the same.. most importantly, you must know your braking distance.. and "already" have a way out if the car infront jam brake or accident..

i often see cars parked illegally :

1) Along Yio Chu Kang Road at the serangoon north ave 1 junction

2) Along Serangoon Road at Whampoa East junction

3) Toa payoh central road opposite church of the risen Christ

4) Sengkang west avenue to sengkang east avenue

y no tp catch 1??? but when motorbike park at foodpath coz no parking space all complaint 1??

oso i kana accident wif car got witness see it is car driver mistake TP come say he never see accident my biz loh. only check my licence never bother to check driver licence????

ooo.. like this also can... check your license even thru it's not your fault.. :sian:

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

my 2 cents,

:thumb::thumb::thumb: well said!

18/10/07 - 19/08/08 : Honda NSR150 SP

21/08/08 - 24/09/09 : Honda Wave S 125

02/10/09 - 22/02/12 : Yamaha X1-R

09/04/12 - 13/02/15 : Kawasaki Ninja 250R

24/12/14 - 24/02/16 : Honda Wave R 125

29/06/16 : Honda MSX 125

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/edalpha/DSC00291-1.jpg

:thumb::thumb: cab tailgate all road user... dunno they use wat brain to drive....

my 2 cents,

There is someone out there for me

I know there is someone out there

I know she is waiting so patiently yeah

Can you tell me her name?

(Somebody tell me her name)

This life-long search is gonna drive me insane

How does she laugh?

How does she cry?

What's the color of her eyes?

Does she even realize I'm here?

Where is she? Where is she? Where is she?

Where is this beautiful girl?Who is she? Who is she?

Who is gonna complete my world?

(J. Roman & Soluna 'Where are you')

:thumb::thumb: cab tailgate all road user... dunno they use wat brain to drive....

maybe tailgating allows their meter to jump faster or increase their speed :lol: :lol:

18/10/07 - 19/08/08 : Honda NSR150 SP

21/08/08 - 24/09/09 : Honda Wave S 125

02/10/09 - 22/02/12 : Yamaha X1-R

09/04/12 - 13/02/15 : Kawasaki Ninja 250R

24/12/14 - 24/02/16 : Honda Wave R 125

29/06/16 : Honda MSX 125

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/edalpha/DSC00291-1.jpg

• 2 months later...
.... i think it takes guts to ride a bike. not everyone could do it. u gotta have balls to put ur body on a bike and ride even 80kph without a metal shell covering you.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Totally agree!

So many car-drivers out there doing acts that threaten the lives of motorcyclists everyday, while they are comfortably sheltered in their air-conditioned cabins.

From Honda's manual:

The motorcycle presents you a challenge to master the machine, a challenge to adventure. You ride through the wind, linked to the road by a vehicle that responds to your commands as no other does...

• 5 months later...

honestly..

not only discrimination against bikes..

but also see a discrimination on makes of bikes...

i had a fren who stayed in condo who bought a new phantom.....

entering the gates i ( on harley 883 r wasnt stopped ) while he ( on TA200 ) was asked why he wanted to go in...

it`s his condo btw.... maybe the guards nv see his face..

i was luffing my ass off !!

is it discrimination as well??

honestly..

entering the gates i ( on harley 883 r wasnt stopped ) while he ( on TA200 ) was asked why he wanted to go in...

Ya, i rode my concours into PML bike. The guard stopped me. Only BMW bike allowed. That was two years ago ah

honestly..

Ya, i rode my concours into PML bike. The guard stopped me. Only BMW bike allowed. That was two years ago ah

I joined a group of class 2 riders on a local makan trip (yes, with my 2B bike :p) and while parking an uncle with a huge SUV accused us of 'planning a race' while the outing leader and myself were marking off a corner of the single-lane road so that the rest of the convoy can gather safely.

That gentleman didn't know a thing about bikes and when he saw a Hayabusa parked beside a Phantom with Type R stickers, thought we were "street racers". Lol, 200cc vs 1300! What a compliment to my ah pek bike :D

Since we were totally friendly and all, he learned that night that bikers aren't all shotgun toting rednecks :D

I rarely have problems going into a condo. They just assume that i am despatch or something.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• 1 month later...