SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

YZF-R15 rider, GATHER!!!

garfieldrox

My sincerest apologies to Max for unable to answer & return his calls; my phone problem le and only manage to change to a new phone yesterday..

Some update on the Malossi Air Filter that Latino helped to installed on my R15. Not sure if its due to the filter, but I notice a severe change in FC of the bike; usually it will be around 38-40km/L but now, its around 30km/L..I know it sounds drastic, and I myself couldn't believe the numbers. Am still in the process of taking a 3rd calculation of the FC at the moment, just filled up full tank yesterday and will confirm if there's a drastic change in FC or not.. :( :sian:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/fuzzywuz85/IronBee3.jpg

Dress Not For The Ride, But Dress For The Fall

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

could it be due to the air fuel mixture in your bike.

you installed an aftermarket air filter means more air flows through your bike, leaning out the air/fuel mixture.

but since its an FI bike, the system will auto adjust mah....

strange leh.

anyway, in the market for a used r15, anyone got lobang?!!! i know its new but hey, just trying my luck.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

My sincerest apologies to Max for unable to answer & return his calls; my phone problem le and only manage to change to a new phone yesterday..

Some update on the Malossi Air Filter that Latino helped to installed on my R15. Not sure if its due to the filter, but I notice a severe change in FC of the bike; usually it will be around 38-40km/L but now, its around 30km/L..I know it sounds drastic, and I myself couldn't believe the numbers. Am still in the process of taking a 3rd calculation of the FC at the moment, just filled up full tank yesterday and will confirm if there's a drastic change in FC or not.. :( :sian:

got pump ur tires?? after i nvr pump mine for quite some time my fc drop quite alot

speed at a turn of the wrist

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee456/ernsy/DSCF3701.jpg

No problem bro. I agree with what mr grumpy say, did you pump your tyre? i also lost a lot off Fc because i don pump a lot of air.:angel:

Speed Is Nothing Without Control

Organizer for Team R-Series Outing

FaceBook FanPage

R125 Singapore / R15 Singapore

SingaporeBikeForum Group

Team R-Series

could it be due to the air fuel mixture in your bike.

you installed an aftermarket air filter means more air flows through your bike, leaning out the air/fuel mixture.

but since its an FI bike, the system will auto adjust mah....

strange leh.

anyway, in the market for a used r15, anyone got lobang?!!! i know its new but hey, just trying my luck.

quite hard lei bro......maybe u wait for august or sept...im selling mine maybe..

Past Rides:

May 2006-Oct 2007 - Honda wave 125R

July 2007-Feb 2010- Yamaha TZM

May 2009-Feb 2010- Yamaha 125Z

Jan 2010-Aug 2010 - Yamaha R15

Current Rides:

June 2010-current - Yamaha R125

I once used the Malossi open pod air filter for my Gilera. As we need to retune the carb by changing the jettings size, the EFI R15 would surely adjust to the new filter. More air is needed when using the air filter so obviously more fuel is needed, bringing up th FC.

Air filters and backfires,

High-mounts and loud sounds.

Gilera Runner VXR '04 - March '09 to March '10

Yamaha 125Z - February '10 to October '10

Yamaha Spark 135 - October '10 to present

Vespa PX200 - May '11 to present

Hi guys, im riding Yamaha R15 keen to meet up with more bikers of any Class anyone keen? its more fun to hit the rd together and share bike tip. been looking for bike ka ke, hope to meet up with u guys soon.:)

Jul o9 ~ Aug o9 - Honda SP

Aug o9 ~ Current - Yamaha R15

Hi guys, im riding Yamaha R15 keen to meet up with more bikers of any Class anyone keen? its more fun to hit the rd together and share bike tip. been looking for bike ka ke, hope to meet up with u guys soon.:)

I am planning a R-Series outing next month......let you guys know the date once confirm...:thumb:

Speed Is Nothing Without Control

Organizer for Team R-Series Outing

FaceBook FanPage

R125 Singapore / R15 Singapore

SingaporeBikeForum Group

Team R-Series

nth special i feel, im using the broquet my fc 37,38. after i bought den found out unique was selling cheaper and the guy(derek) told me best price already.

i think after installing revtec more difference man.

Just my opinion anyway

wah u newly spray and stuff sell so fast not heart pain?

tot of upgrading ah bro....but c lor....if can keep this bike...i keep....:)

bro..i heard from my fren u bought his koso mirror ah?

Past Rides:

Current Rides:

I am planning a R-Series outing next month......let you guys know the date once confirm...:thumb:

power la bro...dis time i can join readi cos im a FREE man by then!! weeee!!!!

Past Rides:

Current Rides:

Hi, im one of them keen to meet up sometime?

rileks lah bro...haha!! one day we meet....haha..can sense ur fire burning....

peace...:)

Past Rides:

Current Rides:

tot of upgrading ah bro....but c lor....if can keep this bike...i keep....:)

bro..i heard from my fren u bought his koso mirror ah?

dint buy leh... but i saw u have. he dint know how to fix and i dint know how to fix so dint buy

aiyo....i can fix for u bah....

sure. u said one ah... ive ordered the other design from another source but not carbon fibre design. i'll come find u. lucky stay quite near:)

ou...i bought the leaf carbon fibre from him for my dad...haha!! ou.the sharp edge wan huh? quite nice also bah dat wan...

Past Rides:

Current Rides:

nope2....the sharp edge is the other one..my wan i d leaf type manx...but nt carbon fibre...its metal...

Past Rides:

Current Rides: