SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

A Gathering of YAMAHA YZF R125 Riderz...

Sorrie4u

hey guys....there's a bit hussle about this new big small bike yamaha 2008 R125...it is confirmed coming to singapore...but not by MAH Motors!!! all the prices here are wrong...i have checked it out with a bike shop that i know and they said they have alrdy ordered 10bikes to singapore...price around 9k plus onroad near 10k...i swooped the deal and booked 1 alrdy...yellow colour R125...luckily havent buy RS125 from aprilia which cost much more like 15k on road...phew..japanese bikes rocks!!! tough actuali yamaha new r125 is from europe haha...but jap brand...have fun saving money for this bike bros!!!!

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fuel consumption i heard should be around estimated 1litre for 18 to 25km...depending on rider...

RS125 aprilia bike comsume 1litre for 20 to 28km..

top speed estimated is 190km/h for R125

top speed proven for new 07 version of RS125 is 186km/h

r125 has smaller tyres than RS125 but enough alrdy can change bigger max to front 130 and back 160.

R125 exhaust nicer than RS125 and is 4stroke...environment frendly less smoke...but less power on pickup cuz 4 stroke.

R125 lose on suspension as they uses telescopic front forks rather than the upsidedown inverted fork that RS125 uses..

R125 has smaller disc brakes than RS125.

design wise..R125 is better than RS125 and more colours to choose from.

just for info...:)

fuel consumption i heard should be around estimated 1litre for 18 to 25km...depending on rider...

RS125 aprilia bike comsume 1litre for 20 to 28km..

Bro, this two claims you posted, you sure accurate anot? How come the 4 stroker engine FC more teruk then the 2 stroker and how come it has higher top speed?

Juz to share some of its specs

Engine -

Engine type Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 4-valve, single cylinder, SOHC

Displacement 124.66 cc

Bore x stroke 52.0 x 58.6 mm

Compression ratio 11.2:1

Maximum power 11.0 kW (15 PS) @ 9,000 rpm

Maximum torque 12.24 Nm (1,25 kg-m) @ 8,000 rpm

Lubrication system Wet sump

Fuel System Fuel injection

Clutch type Wet, multiple-disc coil spring

Ignition system TCI

Starter system Electric

Transmission system Constant mesh, 6-speed

Final transmission Chain

Fuel tank capacity 13.8 L

Oil tank capacity 1.15 L

Chassis -

Chassis: Steel Deltabox

Front suspension system Telescopic forks

Front travel 130 mm

Rear suspension system Swingarm (monocross)

Rear travel 125 mm

Front brake Single disc, Ø 292 mm

Rear brake Single disc, Ø 230 mm

Front tyre 100/80-17 M/C

Rear tyre 130/70-17 M/C

Dimensions -

Length 2,015 mm

Width 660 mm

Height 970 mm

Seat height 818 mm

Wheel base 1,355 mm

Minimum ground clearance 155 mm

Dry weight 126.5 kg

hey guys....there's a bit hussle about this new big small bike yamaha 2008 R125...it is confirmed coming to singapore...but not by MAH Motors!!! all the prices here are wrong...i have checked it out with a bike shop that i know and they said they have alrdy ordered 10bikes to singapore...price around 9k plus onroad near 10k...i swooped the deal and booked 1 alrdy...yellow colour R125...luckily havent buy RS125 from aprilia which cost much more like 15k on road...phew..japanese bikes rocks!!! tough actuali yamaha new r125 is from europe haha...but jap brand...have fun saving money for this bike bros!!!!

please do take a picture and post it up here once u get it ok? would love to see it, SG dun really have any new Jap sports bike for a long while i think. :smile: :smile:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

190km/h top speed with that displacement and 4 stroke.. abit hard to blieve leh.. are u sure its reliable. why not the future owner to be aka TS give us a proper reliable review about the bike once he got it. would be rly rly interested to find out about its performance. in the meantime, speculations would be killer looks but performance of a 150cc honda CBR.

The goal is not to set a fastest lap, it is to eventually win the race.

Top speed of a 125 can win a 400cc bike ? Sure anot . I was speculating arnd 120 - 140km/h for it .

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

r125 has smaller tyres than RS125 but enough alrdy can change bigger max to front 130 and back 160.

just for info...:)

ur info is super wrong...

there no way a 11kw (15PS) bike can outrun a fullpower RS125 ( 33bhp/ 24kw) interms of accleration or topspeed ... 11Kw bikes are meant for UK PROVISIONAL licence holders ..

a 2 stroke can make almost the same amt of power as a 4stroke double its capacity (cc)

a front 130 tire require a 3.5" rim and rear 160 need a min 4.5-4.75" rim

there is no way to "upgrade" from a 100 front to a 130 rear and a 130 rear to a 160 .. chain already rub against ur tires liao even if u manage to squeeze the bigger tires into the small rim

power wise => RS by >2 X

weight wise =>abt the same

Power to weight => RS125

Handling=> RS125

Braking => RS125

:sweat: sorry to burst ur dream of outrunning a RS125 using a R125

for a Spark 135CC,totally stock top about 130-140km/h the best ive tried

(yes its a cub and this is 'Sport Bike'-race ready maybe?)

it is a sports bike but 4 stroke R125 CC really too hard too believe lei.

but,till the day it proven or best see it for ourselve then i can start giving more further comments la. :)

Thanks arsonist

Comparison with CBR150 and R125 is more suitable

R125 =>11kw /15PS for 125.6 kg (DRY weight)

CBR150R=> 17PS abt 12.5Kw for 115kg (Dry weight)

Top speed=> CBR abt 150km/h on CBR150r meter with help of slope

Tire =>R125 110front/130rear ,CBR 80front/100rear (frictional losses ????)

Rotational mass quite significant based on its small power output..

handling might feel more stable but loss of some handling and power to pull away will be insufficient due to high rotational mass..

top speed of R125 should be ard 120-130km/h max on class 2 bikes meters

so this will roughly give u an estimate of how much power a R125 can produced..

mah motor mechine price is 8k..on road will be 9k+...if 10k+ better dun buy....r125 top speed 190....can but take very long la den rs125...2 stroke pickup..4stroke distance..dats y top speed 190...but slow pickup...

RS125=>33bhp = ard 24kw

R125=>11kw

compression ratio

RS125=>12.1:1

R125=>11.1:1

Weight

both the same

So based on the aboved wat u think the chances a R125 can win a RS125??

interms of fuel economy=> yes

interms of durabilty =>yes

interms of maintance=> yes

The only time i can think a R125 can win is when the RS125 piston seize :angel:

your info on top speed is unbelievable! 186kmh for a 125cc 4stroker.. :sian:

FYI, i'm riding xr125. 125cc 4-stroker as well. given the sprocket ratio difference, i'm only able to push it to about 120kmh max on my meter. 186kmh for a similar cc engine, very very hard to believe! :sian::sian:

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....