SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

dear reg of planet bros, may i ask when is the best time and day to go down to planet such that i have the shortest waiting time?

been wanting to go down eversince i gotten my bike.. please let me know thank you!!!

They open at 9...if u dun want to wait, then reach there at 9 then.

Saturdays always packed, and its a waste of time to wait and hang ard there for hours when you can spend ur weekend elsewhere.

Hardcore

Planet Motorcycle Supporter:thumb:

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

dear reg of planet bros, may i ask when is the best time and day to go down to planet such that i have the shortest waiting time?

no such thing as best timing, go when u should go, sometimes 9am also ppl queuing up liao, just try luck lor

yup best to come at 9,i never go on weekends coz i know its always packed

haha, weekends cialat

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

I was there last week... talk to one guy.. i think its the owner or what.. see very busy.. i just wanted to install chainguard for my inspection.. cause i failed first time.. haha. He took one 3, i choosed one.. then installed for me immediately :o. haha. Then as i want to go off, he asked me to wait.. he take hammer, knock knock something.. then i asked him what happened.. he said the chainguard touching the tires.. power sia.. then he said if i failed the test, ask the guy who failed me to come and find him.. he will fu*k the guy for me.. lol.

Total damage $5 :D:D so cheap! Funny guy also.. haha will patron there often... hehe

I was there last week... talk to one guy.. i think its the owner or what.. see very busy.. i just wanted to install chainguard for my inspection.. cause i failed first time.. haha. He took one 3, i choosed one.. then installed for me immediately :o. haha. Then as i want to go off, he asked me to wait.. he take hammer, knock knock something.. then i asked him what happened.. he said the chainguard touching the tires.. power sia.. then he said if i failed the test, ask the guy who failed me to come and find him.. he will fu*k the guy for me.. lol.

Total damage $5 :D:D so cheap! Funny guy also.. haha will patron there often... hehe

another satisfied customer:thumb:

YAMAHA FZ1S ABS 2K12

• 2 weeks later...

first trip down to planet on 25 Aug 08. reached arnd 10+. was approached by ah peng. told him my bike problem, he hear the sound, tell me engine gt problem le but offer to open up and inspect for me. actually i roughly know the problem cos i went down to bikewerks to enquire also and he told me conrod problem and leaking pump and w/o opening up my engine, he quote me a price. however, i chose to come to planet for a 2nd quote to try my luck cos i very budget.....

ah peng was very nice, offered to open my engine to see the exact problem and like everyone knows, planet "change what needs to be changed ONLY".

so after the long process, he quoted me a price which was cheaper than bikewerk's offer, i immediately agreed and best part was bikewerks told me 1-3days, ah peng told me 1day, ask me come back at 7 and i did just that.

i reached at close to 8 to my dismay, they just started putting back the engine only, however, i learnt that they worked on my bike so long that they skipped their meals, i really felt very appreciative of their work.

i waited and waited, fearing that they may ask me to come back another day, but the words never came, ah peng and his "kah kia"(nt the china man not the plump one) worked my bike, all the way to 11 before ah chong QC 4 times the bike before handing it to me. through that time, not once were their work attitude slipshot, and i was thoroughly entertain by ah peng + ah chong + (1 uncle)'s antics and nonsense. their dedication to serving customers touched me, and they never made me feel like i was "just another customer" and what more a poor one too. and they even gave me some free stuff which i couldn't really remember what, and they taught me more about bike stuffs!

so i would like to thank them here once again, and kudo's to the planet's spirit! will support you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first trip down to planet on 25 Aug 08. reached arnd 10+. was approached by ah peng. told him my bike problem, he hear the sound, tell me engine gt problem le but offer to open up and inspect for me. actually i roughly know the problem cos i went down to bikewerks to enquire also and he told me conrod problem and leaking pump and w/o opening up my engine, he quote me a price. however, i chose to come to planet for a 2nd quote to try my luck cos i very budget.....

ah peng was very nice, offered to open my engine to see the exact problem and like everyone knows, planet "change what needs to be changed ONLY".

so after the long process, he quoted me a price which was cheaper than bikewerk's offer, i immediately agreed and best part was bikewerks told me 1-3days, ah peng told me 1day, ask me come back at 7 and i did just that.

i reached at close to 8 to my dismay, they just started putting back the engine only, however, i learnt that they worked on my bike so long that they skipped their meals, i really felt very appreciative of their work.

i waited and waited, fearing that they may ask me to come back another day, but the words never came, ah peng and his "kah kia"(nt the china man not the plump one) worked my bike, all the way to 11 before ah chong QC 4 times the bike before handing it to me. through that time, not once were their work attitude slipshot, and i was thoroughly entertain by ah peng + ah chong + (1 uncle)'s antics and nonsense. their dedication to serving customers touched me, and they never made me feel like i was "just another customer" and what more a poor one too. and they even gave me some free stuff which i couldn't really remember what, and they taught me more about bike stuffs!

so i would like to thank them here once again, and kudo's to the planet's spirit! will support you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolx... ah chiong always entertains his customers... You can choose to be the 1st or the last... :D It's always the best...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

i remember there's another tall and thin malaysian chinese guy....dun get to see him. Anyone rem where he went?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

anyone knows how much he charge for doing valve clearance? Do they check if valve clearance is needed first b4 doing or they will juz do upon request?

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/modenaboi/signature.jpg

Practical Test Checklist:

√ Sudden and late braking

√ Faulty signal lights

√ Superb use of horn

√ Assume road belongs to father

√ Never at fault no matter what happens

√ Tailgating confidence

Result: YES! You qualify to become a Singapore car driver!

• 2 weeks later...
anyone knows how much he charge for doing valve clearance? Do they check if valve clearance is needed first b4 doing or they will juz do upon request?

yup.. can get boss to check if ur bike requires it.. depending on whether any parts need to be replaced.. usually, the top gasket (x2) will be replaced.. i did mine in the 400 range, along with other stuffs :angel:

good for u

hope u patronise there more often

Well i think that having a bigger workshop will be helpful for PM. Its starting to get cramped at full force, 1 mech 1 bike. And lets not forget that they often work on more than one bike at once.

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

Just went to Planet just now. & yeah. it's my first time! I service my fork & install new mainstand & welding. Even though i waited for quite a long time due to customers pouring in & out, their service & work are really good! They will not rush to do things. They will do it carefully in a professional way! Thumbs up for them! Will really looking forward to go there & service my bike! & Ah Chong is very friendly to EVERYONE!! UPZ~!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Class 3

Class 2B

Yamaha RXZ135 (FD****X)

12.02.2008 - *******

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii207/hotbladerz/231020083385.jpg

Planet does have Engine Ice.. it's hidden on one of the racks.. they dun really advertise it so much..

regarding the expanding of the workshop.. i did asked Ah Chong before.. it's difficult to get the shop next door n even if he did.. he won't be able to manage so many bikes at once.. look at him now.. he's always so busy.. nv got the chance to really rest.. lunchtime oso must work.. imagine having a bigger shop.. wow..

so let's not complain abt the space n continue ur support..

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u142/nGuOrEn/renssig.jpg

My RiDeS

HONDA NSR 150 (FS 336K): 23/09/06 tO 17/08/07

WAVE-I (FY 5801U): 17/08/07 tO 13/12/07

HONDA CBR400RR (FM 1463B): 13/12/07 tO 20/09/08

WAVE-R (FZ 2846E): 20/09/08 tO 17/04/09

WAVE-S (FV 7293M): 03/10/09 tO 14/08/10

CB400 BOLD'OR (FZ 7896G): 16/08/10

22nd time at Planet.

14/09/2008

06:43pm

weather: Fine

Went there to get a rubber hose and a rubber ring seal to plug up the Big 20 L tank outlet sold by madman.

Planet was pretty busy as usual.

First thing that happened was seeing thatone1 and his bike, still unsold.

Think he don't want to sell liao! :D

Next go and find Ah Chong tell him I want to buy a condom and a ring. :lol:

After getting the things, I fitted the things up myself, as the mechs were all pretty busy.

While I was busy doing my stuff, thatone1 left to pick up his Rjay helmet.

And as I was putting back the petrol into the tank, I got the idea to check out the reserve volume of the Big tank. While I was doing that, there was a girl with a navy guy, (assume she was the girlfriend of the navy man) asking me what I was doing.

Told her that I was draining the tank.

When she asked why, can see she like quite navie so joke with her, told her it's my hobby. hahaha!!! :lol:

She hear liao totally blur.

Later then tell her, just testing out how much petrol the reserve is.

After doing up the tank, I saw a bit of left over engine oil in the empty bottles. Since the bottles going to get thrown away, I quickly seize the chance to lub my chain with them. :D

After lubing, I removed my left foot rest and got Ah Chong to help remove a bent bolt.

Lastly, I borrowed a spanner and adjusted the clutch and brake lever's position.

When paying, I cheekily asked Ah Chong the Ring and Condom how much. Ah Chong think a bit and then said give you free. Then he announced to the girl who came with the navy man that he was going to help wash hands for a man (me lah!) hahaha! Really funny boss.

Took me to the back and gave me a bit of the jelly like detergent, and Pesto! the black oil all gone! :smile:

Really nice Boss, definately worth supporting. :thumb:

Next time must buy them lunch. :hungry:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

did u went there in the evening just now?

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

can planet do fjr1300?? i wanna do valve clearance

i saw FJR and beemer there yesterday..

had oil changed and bought chain lube and GT85.

oh, ah chong help me fix front fork and tripe tree to raise abit... for free yeah.. :cheer:

previous setup was lowered so scrap the belly pan over humps..

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/celticbiker/th_twins.jpg

that time he help me to find out a fault which was created when i changed my tires at one of the shop. Sometimes, cheap things will make u pay for an additional price and effort. ah choong is really good in his stuffs and troubleshooting. I really respect him and really highly recommend planet to any riders who sees this post. i will only patronize planet in future.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v703/kazuhikyo/combination1.jpg

The more I ride my SV, the less I care about going to the annual bike show and looking at new,

or expensive, or exotic machinery. I'm continuing to mod my bike into exactly what I want it,

and enjoying every mile I put on it.