SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

kudos 2 ah chong.....entertain my washing & tuning of carburators even though its saturday n jam pack with other ppl....around 7 hrs to get my bike done up...i think he cursed me...lol but im satisfied with the job....even bothered to cover my white rear seat 2 prevent dirty..

U are lucky, majority of the bro's bike he service are dirty because of his hands. I was there on Saturday also around 9-12pm, waiting for him to return my fairing screw and side plate. :sian:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/719/my1sthondamatchez0.jpg

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you could always service at boon siew if cleanliness is important to you, since i notice that you have an SP. :)

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

Today in History

Ah chong circa 1996 (still got lots of hair and still driving rusty blue pickup)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Blackhonda666/IMG_0970.jpg

Ah chong racing helmet

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Blackhonda666/IMG_0951.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b361/Blackhonda666/IMG_0953.jpg

See more of me @ azari.multiply.com

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs216.snc3/22373_296411496598_707411598_3943863_2038617_n.jpg

Nice pics! Where did you get them? :lol:

from his table and my personal collection :D

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs216.snc3/22373_296411496598_707411598_3943863_2038617_n.jpg

upzzzzzz for ah chong on monday went to planet at 0930 pm they still open,trying to repair a scrambler imagine 3 mechs on one scrambler,

then i went in sheepishly ask ah chong still open,then he shout

"close liao" so i walked back to my bike then skali he came from behind and

said

"aiyah ur bike batt flat right?"

coz when i came to planet i didn't on headlight then he just told me he will change it for me to a 2nd hand one, for 20 bucks

upzzzzz for ah chong he's good man,real good.knew my bike problem just by looking,and willing to service it till late 10pm plus plus upzzzzz for planet

The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment
:thumb:

upzzzzzz for ah chong on monday went to planet at 0930 pm they still open,trying to repair a scrambler imagine 3 mechs on one scrambler,

said

coz when i came to planet i didn't on headlight then he just told me he will change it for me to a 2nd hand one, for 20 bucks

upzzzzz for ah chong he's good man,real good.knew my bike problem just by looking,and willing to service it till late 10pm plus plus upzzzzz for planet

Typical of Ah Chong..I had a similar experience also..Tail light bulb blew..Came after work at around 2100hrs..Saw them workin on some bikes so went in and ask if still open..But Ah chong said close already la..Come tomorrow..As I was walkin out he ask me got what problem with bike? I said I just need to get a new bulb for the tail light..A few seconds later he came out with a new bulb and replace it on my bike..:cheer:

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

said

was it a XR4? with a big black box?

said

ha, is that a white xr200r?

i sent my xr there on saturday, collect on tuesday evening.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

ok, that Brazil XLR 200 is ur saw it there with ur GF, as my is the 95 XLR 200 with the red tank there too for changing tyre, as i m the guy that ride the ET8 that night.... :D

ha, is that a white xr200r?

i sent my xr there on saturday, collect on tuesday evening.

fn328k.multiply.com/photos

Life is short, Ride hard..........

ok, that Brazil XLR 200 is ur saw it there with ur GF, as my is the 95 XLR 200 with the red tank there too for changing tyre, as i m the guy that ride the ET8 that night.... :D

ya, sent there to change the rubber swingarm protector, brake line and throttle line.

there's another model call XLR200?

mine is XR200R stated in log card, i always wonder what is the different between XL, XLR...

XR and XL looks the same from the outlook. or issit because one from boon siew and another from parallel import that's why the name different?

you going any trail? we will hit the TM trail every saturday.

let me know if you are interested. :)

hi, izzt not the same as my is the older gen from Japan from 94-98yr as ur is after that n izzt from Brazil but outlook slightly abit different, but overall the engine is the about the same low FC... :cheer: , sorries, Sev, i dun go to trail as i got a 23L red tank n i use my bike for transport only so izzt only use for JB pump :D , u ride safe....

ya, sent there to change the rubber swingarm protector, brake line and throttle line.

there's another model call XLR200?

mine is XR200R stated in log card, i always wonder what is the different between XL, XLR...

XR and XL looks the same from the outlook. or issit because one from boon siew and another from parallel import that's why the name different?

you going any trail? we will hit the TM trail every saturday.

let me know if you are interested. :)

fn328k.multiply.com/photos

Life is short, Ride hard..........

upz for planet... dun expect disappointment from them..

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/modenaboi/signature.jpg

Practical Test Checklist:

√ Sudden and late braking

√ Faulty signal lights

√ Superb use of horn

√ Assume road belongs to father

√ Never at fault no matter what happens

√ Tailgating confidence

Result: YES! You qualify to become a Singapore car driver!

hi, izzt not the same as my is the older gen from Japan from 94-98yr as ur is after that n izzt from Brazil but outlook slightly abit different, but overall the engine is the about the same low FC... :cheer: , sorries, Sev, i dun go to trail as i got a 23L red tank n i use my bike for transport only so izzt only use for JB pump :D , u ride safe....

alright, may be next time.

where you get the giant 23L tank?

if i can get such big tank, i can go jb pump petrol and transfer to my car, haha...

And I was talking to Ah Chong the other day about the 1st photograph.

He was saying it's 15-20 yrs back? Cant remember anyway. And the RXK was still so new. haha....

thats not RXK la bro.... can see the Honda logo on tank?

most probably a CG125

22/07/2008

05:20pm

Went to Planet for the 18th time, with a Big Box of accessories from my Thailand trip (but by air one ... :( )

Since this one not an urgent case, Ah Chong just let me wait until he settle the customers with Bike problems first... :giddy:

Aiya! Bo Pian, this job is cosmetics, let other people go first lor.

Anyway, the one who attend to the job was Mark, and this dedicated young chap did a wonderful job of it, though could see he was getting pretty pissed when he couldn't get the bolt to fit through 4 pieces of chrome cover to secure the chromed heading.

But Mark was determined to finsh the job. And another mech help to steady the parts while he bolted the parts.

The heading alone took 3 hours. :giddy:

Long and short of it is that Ah Chong kept the shop opened until 10:30pm just to let the guys get the headlight on too, but we gave up, as the hole for the wire was too small, and required extra work.

While waiting, I met another Phantom Knight with a very shining phantom, (towed in by lorry one) didn't get his name though.

And another Wave rider who got his wave with a shaky swing arm.

Ah Chong's advise to him is "Go back to the shop, hold the wheel and shake for him to see, and tell him please tighten the swing arm before I fall down and die" :lol:

Before going back, I also joke with them wearing the big head light on my head like a crown, Ah Chong also very funny, "Long live the emperor!" Then he look around and say "Hey you all see the emperor never kneel down all want to die is it? Come! All bring out chop off their heads" :lol:

Before going, Ah Chong went and bought tiger for the guys after work. While I worked out fine details for the new postions for the IU unit and number plate (To be continued...)

23/07/2008

06:45pm

The next day, when I went back to Planet, the bike was fully done, and I even go a free lub. :smile:

Labor cost $80, new front brake pad extra $5 ~ Total cost $85.

Seeing the dedication of the job, I gave $100 and asked Ah Chong to keep the change, got extra can buy drinks for the guys.

Excellent Shop, definately worth the money. :thumb:

Goooo! Planet! :cheer:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

• 2 weeks later...

bro cant seem to see wat time ah chong open his shop

can any1 tell me?

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

1989 - 2005 - Bus,Mrt,Taxi

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Jan07 - Feb11- CB400 Spec 1

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2

bro cant seem to see wat time ah chong open his shop

can any1 tell me?

9+am, his assistants will open first

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

tyty i juz call him

he say 9am he will open ty

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2

lolx.. anyone going there tml?? Meet up for kopi? keke... I'm going at 9am... ^_^

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

lolx.. anyone going there tml?? Meet up for kopi? keke... I'm going at 9am... ^_^

guess i will meet you there.

i will be riding a fscked up G4. ^_^

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

haha i went juz now n wa it was oso packed but lucky one hour of waiting it mine turn

bike history

1987 - 1988 - Baby steps

Nov05 - Jan07 -YBR125

Mar11 - ??? Fazer 1000

Nov05 - Got Got Class 2B

Dec 06 - Got Class 2A

Nov07 - Got Class 3

Mar08 - Got Class 2