SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its in the list - Replace entire front brake pump ($80) - (planet)

I mean the air pump above the engine block not the brake pump.

God in his wisdom will protect you

:pray:

what if the part is removed and not replaced???

omg i juz happened to encounter this problem. initially i dunnoe wad happened, juz heard a loud THUD sound then my chain starts tik tik tik tik after 1 cycle of chain rotation. as its hitting the frame. went looi's checked then noticed it broke and gone dunnoe where. he say ned order few days and include change will cost me 20 sia. still considering going to change anot as imma grease nub

Class 3 29 April 2009[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2B 11 March 2010[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2A 02 July 2012[TP Attempt: 1]

Class 2 On-Training[TP Attempt: TBA]

TA-200 Honda Phantom 2010~2013

GSR Suzuki 400R 2013~Present

omg i juz happened to encounter this problem. initially i dunnoe wad happened, juz heard a loud THUD sound then my chain starts tik tik tik tik after 1 cycle of chain rotation. as its hitting the frame. went looi's checked then noticed it broke and gone dunnoe where. he say ned order few days and include change will cost me 20 sia. still considering going to change anot as imma grease nub

I think it is supposed to cost less than S$10 (from planet)...

oh well... looi's is your base shop though... but their spare parts are quite expensive for 2b bikes... for bigger bikes still ok...

once I bought a pack of brake pads from them... cost me S$35... now I know better... so from now onwards I import my brake pads myself, cost me about S$7 each...

:cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

bo bian leh, got my bike there so within these months of warranty, any problem go there check better since alot free here and there. if those that are tunings and checkings or adjusting, they all did it for free. so its kinda an extra service for the steep price paid. planet i also wanna go. soooo convenient, i push my bike from company also take less than 3 minutes reach liao. but after my warranty period is over bah.

u mean ure chain broke or some other part?

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/ckoonyin/ThenandNowver2a.jpg

Kalyan's thread on kuryakyn thread got locked... saw all reviews say its very comfy...wanna ask more abt this grip..

- how durable is it?

- how long before the chrome wear off / tarnish

- how long before the rubber breaks/wear off?

- Is it plastic chrome or metal chrome?

- Does it absorb the vibration better than the stock or any other aftermarket grips?

I'm using the ISO-Flame grips for the third year and counting, no regrets so far.

It's definitely much better than those knock-off type that are made of rubber + plastic (I've had a pair of rubber grips with plastic chrome strip -> crappy). When not mounted it feels solid and heavy.

I'm using the ISO-Flame grips for the third year and counting, no regrets so far.

It's definitely much better than those knock-off type that are made of rubber + plastic (I've had a pair of rubber grips with plastic chrome strip -> crappy). When not mounted it feels solid and heavy.

how much is it?

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

is there a air pump?

To be correct, the term used should be air suction valve above the engine block.

Thank you

Phantom's tyres and wheels I believe are heavy enough to require balancing. I can't really describe their importance but you will not want to drive a car with improperly balanced wheels.

As for suction valve... hmn, recently read that engines have some sort of "scavenger tube" to remove fumes from the crankcase. They usually draw vacuum from somewhere such as the intake manifold. Am I in the right direction?

On topic:

Windshields. I finally found a suitably aerodynamic, non wallet damaging example from a lesser known Motoshop at Woodlands Industrial Park. It's actually for a larger bike and the owner claimed it'll never fit a Phantom but we did try anyway (I think its Super4 size) and it fit perfectly. Just a bit of a huge gap above the headlamps but aerodynamically it was exactly what I wanted for highway cruising. The proprietor initially said "no stock" but I pointed to a pile of parts probably waiting to be disposed and said, there's the stock. Lol.

According to the shop he says a "no brand" locally made windshield costs about $60-80, and a Givi up to $160. My regular mechanic at West Coast quoted me half as much ($75) for a small Givi but was unable to produce a specimen despite over a month having passed.

Anyways after having fitted mine I had a whole new riding experience. The new aero made the Phantom feel and handle very differently, and more efficient and comfortable without the drag induced by the rider. Quite a difference when clutching in and coasting. It's like sliding through the air (although only drag vs rider is affected because we don't have aero fairings).

However because of the large size of the w/s and the kopitiam engineering mount there was some buffeting at speed which I solved with a DIY vibration damper / frame tensioner/whatever you call it. Add one cable tie and that's it, my first major rat biking addition :)

bloody hell kalyan, u really on the ball sia. pics aside which also important, i wanna see it in person!!!

bro, how to know which type is for phantom? Looking thru amazon n there quite afew types. N if I change to aftermarket handle bar, does it affect the grip size?

Liverpool revival has started....

bro, how to know which type is for phantom? Looking thru amazon n there quite afew types. N if I change to aftermarket handle bar, does it affect the grip size?

Phantom stock handlebar is 7/8", after-market handlebar MIGHT be of different size.

Some after-market handlebars appear thick, but the risers and grips part are thinner at 7/8" so that stock risers and grips can still be used. Others are straight through 1" thick so a change in risers and grips are necessary.

Found a simple writeup which explains the definitive method to find out the correct size.... http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/GRIPS-HANDLEBAR-GRIPS-SIZES-AND-FITTING_W0QQugidZ10000000001423462

Phantom stock handlebar is 7/8", after-market handlebar MIGHT be of different size.

Some after-market handlebars appear thick, but the risers and grips part are thinner at 7/8" so that stock risers and grips can still be used. Others are straight through 1" thick so a change in risers and grips are necessary.

Found a simple writeup which explains the definitive method to find out the correct size.... http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/GRIPS-HANDLEBAR-GRIPS-SIZES-AND-FITTING_W0QQugidZ10000000001423462

Risers and grips are the easy part. Switches will be a headache.

Also, regarding the ISO grips, I've had them in my last 2 bikes & I'll definitely put them on the next one (as long as there is a size for it)

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Thanks mate, very thorough informative reply!

Liverpool revival has started....

Risers and grips are the easy part. Switches will be a headache.

Also, regarding the ISO grips, I've had them in my last 2 bikes & I'll definitely put them on the next one (as long as there is a size for it)

Oh yea the switches and controls! #1 headache when changing handlebar sizes... so kzone, ur grips size is likely stock if u are usng the stock switch and controls. Thx BlackDawn for the pointer!

Edited by chuan.z

do you mean the intake valve?exhaust valve? and their seats?

i am expecting the engine that ran with 2T addition...will need to do this.

That the air suction valve

Photo0910.jpg