SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

If ticking sound gets really loud on the left side, valve area... Wat should I do?

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/fierra_2009/HafizhCubPrix_L.jpg

Mar08-Mar09: Honda nsr150sp

Mar09-Jan10: Yamaha x1r

Jan10-Nov11: Honda super4 specIII/Suzuki Drz400sm

Nov11-Nov17: Yamaha spark 135

Dec17-Jun18: Yamaha Sniper 150

Jun18-Current: KTM Duke 390

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

any place to recommend to do the valve clearance??? rouughly whats the damages like ??

am experiencing the same thing

Bikeworkz, planet. Some bros here might recommend republic motors as well. Should be around 200 bucks

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

For the VTEC 1 and VTEC 2 that uses the spec 3 tail, can anyone recommend me any shop that dopes it nicely? I did it at a shop for $190 and the workmanship sucks. Went to another shop to redo, he talk as if his workmanship damn good, but it sucks as well. Paid $120 more for the workmanship. Pls recommend me a good shop. And the price as well. Cos my current tail board has many holes due to the two shop redo ing it and it looks awful. Want to redo all over again including the new tail. Thanks

How long does valve clearance takes? Few hrs???

Hi guy,

I have problem with my vtec 3, sometimes when traveling between 5k-6k rpm, my speedo needle will go back to zero and hang there for sometime and experienced a slight loss of speed. After a while, the needle will go back to speed I'm traveling at. Any one have any ideal what wrong with my bike? Thk.

Anyone knows how much does it cost if our water pump is spoilt???

For the VTEC 1 and VTEC 2 that uses the spec 3 tail, can anyone recommend me any shop that dopes it nicely? I did it at a shop for $190 and the workmanship sucks. Went to another shop to redo, he talk as if his workmanship damn good, but it sucks as well. Paid $120 more for the workmanship. Pls recommend me a good shop. And the price as well. Cos my current tail board has many holes due to the two shop redo ing it and it looks awful. Want to redo all over again including the new tail. Thanks

did you tried @ ah boy's? think its around $170 or so. any1 did it thr b4? how's e result?

Hi bros, need some help here. Just bought a 2004 spec 3. Riding for a couple of weeks now and I find my fuel consumption ridiculously high. Full tank only travel up to 200+km? Can I check if this is normal?

Bro...this is not normal...unless there was changes in the setting inside that make ur bike very fierce....mine stock..every day vtec open cox i am crusing expressway to work and city riding ...at least 400km full tank...on average about 23km/l

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

Bro...this is not normal...unless there was changes in the setting inside that make ur bike very fierce....mine stock..every day vtec open cox i am crusing expressway to work and city riding ...at least 400km full tank...on average about 23km/l

Mine's also fully stock. Except for one BMC filter. And I don't open vtec often also. Change gear before 6k rpm. That's why I'm wondering why the bike consuming so much fuel. I'm wondering if I'm running too rich. But don't know how to see cos I was riding FI bike previously so not familiar with carbs. How ah?

01/04/2010 == pass 2B TP (2nd try)

10/04/2010 - ? == Yamaha FZ150i

possible. but there are a lot of factors also.

carb jettings?

bigger rear sprocket?

underinflated tyre?

if you suspect its too rich, take out your spark plug and check.

Alright. Thanks for the various possibilities. I think will have to check my plugs le. :/ petrol too expensive to run this way

01/04/2010 == pass 2B TP (2nd try)

10/04/2010 - ? == Yamaha FZ150i

my fc also quite bad. revo fbf, clocked 290km before reserve. but can't deny i ride very aggresively. lol!

11/07/2008 - Class 3

26/02/2009 - Class 2B

18/03/2009 - Yamaha TZM 150 ( FT 95**R )

04/08/2011 - Class 2A

19/08/2011 - Honda Cb400SF Revo ( FBF 5**J )

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/thatguyhaikal/294889_306525876030156_100000182383201_1471277_682172925_n-1-2.jpg

Hi bro.. Any bike shop dat is gd in wiring to recomend?.. My left side switch assembly hv some problem.. My high beam switch seems to b very hot everytime when i switch on my headlight.. Few times it came out smoke n hv burnt smell on e switch.. E problem must b either e high beam switch on e assembly or on my additional headlight on/off switch coz tis 2 switch seems to b very hot.. Scared cn affect my battery if i juz ignore it.. Any bike shop to recomend guys?.

Republic motors at shun li industrial. Look for ah boon, chief mechanic. Say Haikal revo with fz1n headlight recommended you. :)

11/07/2008 - Class 3

26/02/2009 - Class 2B

18/03/2009 - Yamaha TZM 150 ( FT 95**R )

04/08/2011 - Class 2A

19/08/2011 - Honda Cb400SF Revo ( FBF 5**J )

http://i970.photobucket.com/albums/ae186/thatguyhaikal/294889_306525876030156_100000182383201_1471277_682172925_n-1-2.jpg

Hi bro.. Any bike shop dat is gd in wiring to recomend?.. My left side switch assembly hv some problem.. My high beam switch seems to b very hot everytime when i switch on my headlight.. Few times it came out smoke n hv burnt smell on e switch.. E problem must b either e high beam switch on e assembly or on my additional headlight on/off switch coz tis 2 switch seems to b very hot.. Scared cn affect my battery if i juz ignore it.. Any bike shop to recomend guys?.

Likely the wrong type of wire used. Have to use the high current grade typ (thicker in copper and insulation). It has nothing to do in damaging ur battery but rather catches electrical fire and its something water won't help in putting off when ur bike burns! Go to Ah Fook at Blk 3052, #295 at AMK Ave 3 AMK Industrial Pk 2..tell hi I recommended u.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

guys...can anyone explain what is done for valve clearance??cause my bike started the 'tick'2 sound and its irritating...

i am also experiencing the sound that is linked to the clutch housing which would go away when u clutch in...

if anybody could explain to me whats the cause and what should i do to rectify it, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thankz in advanced!

guys...can anyone explain what is done for valve clearance??cause my bike started the 'tick'2 sound and its irritating...

i am also experiencing the sound that is linked to the clutch housing which would go away when u clutch in...

if anybody could explain to me whats the cause and what should i do to rectify it, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thankz in advanced!

How old is ur bike? Am experiencing the same.... My bike is 2005 spec3... Guess my bike old liao... Wear n tear seeps in....

How old is ur bike? Am experiencing the same.... My bike is 2005 spec3... Guess my bike old liao... Wear n tear seeps in....

There is no such a thing as having to do valves clearance. Its not the old days where bikes uses push rods and tappet where valvec clearance can be adjusted. What u have in your S4 engines are call "Cam Follower" (do google search and read about it). The "clearance" is dictated by a aprt component of the cam follwer call "shims". If your ticking or tacking sound gets louder for weeks or after engine runs hot..its time to replace those that are too thin in thickness. There are sizteen of them..each for each valves. A good mech would only need to replace some..a caliper to measure thickness as which shim need to be change is needed. Eyes judgement is ever a good procedure. Prepare to have other part replace too like valve spring, spacer etc..just in case. A costly affair...consider it a head overhaul. If ur ticking sound goes away after engine is very hot..its ok..at certain point on time..the sound will totally goes off when all 16 shims balance up in clearance by itself. Its made to last.

Edited by Ah Pek

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!