SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bros and siss,

I'm contemplating between S4 and GSR400. I don't mean to downplay the S4 as i quite like it; but as i read thru this forum i find quite alot of problems with the bike as compared to GSR400 eh? is it because these problems are all occuring on the older models( spec1,2) ?

Advice appreciated.

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Bros and siss,

I'm contemplating between S4 and GSR400. I don't mean to downplay the S4 as i quite like it; but as i read thru this forum i find quite alot of problems with the bike as compared to GSR400 eh? is it because these problems are all occuring on the older models( spec1,2) ?

Advice appreciated.

IMO all bikes will have problems if you don't take good care of it. And (almost) all electronics and mechanical devices will fail after a long period of usage. CB400 have its own forum so naturally you will find a lot people looking for help here compared to GSR400 which at best only have one thread. Also S4 is the most common 2A bike and a lot of people are riding S4s that are more than 10 years old.

Hi guys, S4 newbie here. Need some help on various issues with my bike. Im currently riding Vtec2 and below are some of the issues i face.

1) My Digital Speedometer is not working as in the indicators are all visible but as my fuel is being consumed, it does not change the bars. The time is also wrong. Mech says need to use computer to repair. true? $$$

2) I recently change my spark plug to iridium powered denso spark plug as recommended by my mech for better performance. After some time when i throttle, i hear what sounds like a ignition sound, u know when u try to start an electric bike u get the electric sound. it sounds like that. Could it be the new spark plug or is it something else? or is it normal to hear that sound as im imagining too much.

Total damage since i got my 2nd hand bike from a so called famous dealer in serangoon rd.

1)Lost bike key>no spare key>new cdi = $570

2)Carb tuning&washing>seems one screw was broken inside>mech changed all 4x$10=$40>somehow=$200

I think overall, i have been makan big time since im a newbie. I hope the S4 family here can guide me into better managing my problems and pointing me to the correct source so that i dun waste money unnecessarily again.

Sorry for the long msg, didn't wanna open too many thread. Thanks guys.. Pls help...

for (1), you can check if the feedback from the fuel level is working... cos the circuit on the speedo might still work. (*after all its just a display, feedback sensor must work)

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

IMO all bikes will have problems if you don't take good care of it. And (almost) all electronics and mechanical devices will fail after a long period of usage. CB400 have its own forum so naturally you will find a lot people looking for help here compared to GSR400 which at best only have one thread. Also S4 is the most common 2A bike and a lot of people are riding S4s that are more than 10 years old.

AGREE!!! currently in our list i tink most are riding a bike which is 5 year and above.. or even some 10 yr already... definitely will have some problems.... either maintences of previous owner got problem or wear and tear issue ..... but generally i tink HONDA will have a better price for what they have... my tots onli.. no offend..

TA 200'02 | JUN 2008 - JUN 2010

S4 SPEC3'07 | JUN 2010 - MAY 2012

FZ6 S2'07 | MAY 2012 - CURRENT

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af70/heskeydal/signature1.jpg

none taken..I know of those who really support Honda all the way but to me as long as it isn't malaysian or china made they should be quite alright esp the japanese. But what would u think of the gsr400 then? Just want to get more opinions..

none taken..I know of those who really support Honda all the way but to me as long as it isn't malaysian or china made they should be quite alright esp the japanese. But what would u think of the gsr400 then? Just want to get more opinions..

yeah!!! japanese best~!! WOOHhOOOO.....

TA 200'02 | JUN 2008 - JUN 2010

S4 SPEC3'07 | JUN 2010 - MAY 2012

FZ6 S2'07 | MAY 2012 - CURRENT

http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af70/heskeydal/signature1.jpg

Although super 4, engines are of good quality, be prepared to replace some wear and tear parts when you get your bike.

Prepare yourself first I'm case you think that super 4 are problematic bikes.

When touring, its usually the rider that give way first before the bike itself.

got box got tour.

Although super 4, engines are of good quality, be prepared to replace some wear and tear parts when you get your bike.

Prepare yourself first I'm case you think that super 4 are problematic bikes.

yea I'm thinking of getting an S4 that the dealer has which i think is from bbdc ones..going to use for one year then sell get class 2..good idea?

yea I'm thinking of getting an S4 that the dealer has which i think is from bbdc ones..going to use for one year then sell get class 2..good idea?

actually i find it no point if u intend use 1 year then change unless u got extra cash and money is not a prob. i would either just wait or get a cheaper 2A

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

Hi guys, I just changed my battery today, the shop ask me to change the magneto coil, due to the new battery voltage

Should I proceed to the coil change? Any advice? tks.

Not NECESSARY the coil problem...COULD just be the rectifier or the rectifier connector (tends to burn out due to high current). Have the rectifier change first and check for charging voltage first..read 13.5-14.2v boleh liao. Most bike shop take advantage of such situation..and btw, ur old battery could have been ok..just recharge.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

actually i find it no point if u intend use 1 year then change unless u got extra cash and money is not a prob. i would either just wait or get a cheaper 2A

Oh went to the shop today and turned out the bikes were a complete crap! Left under the sun and rain and everything rusty, severe crash marks and oil leaks everywhere! Didn't to expect that. They were not from BBDC btw.