SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not NECESSARY the coil problem...COULD just be the rectifier or the rectifier connector (tends to burn out due to high current). Have the rectifier change first and check for charging voltage first..read 13.5-14.2v boleh liao. Most bike shop take advantage of such situation..and btw, ur old battery could have been ok..just recharge.

Thks, Ah Pek, will try the different bike shop for the rectifier check.

Edited by yykk5166

I change battery b'coz when the igniter start, the meter self test one more time, therefore the bike shop ask to replace the battery.

bro....i think no nid change batt....cox onli before ignite turn twice then low batt...... recently got one bro also encounter this prob and posted in the forum in the QA section.....he just did a grounding related to his headlight...and batt.....then prob solved.

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

bro....i think no nid change batt....cox onli before ignite turn twice then low batt...... recently got one bro also encounter this prob and posted in the forum in the QA section.....he just did a grounding related to his headlight...and batt.....then prob solved.

seems i wastered my money, anyway just a lesson learn bah... next time know liao.....

hello guys, my s4 now is starting to have this problem but i dont know what is it. when i engage to 1st gear and slowly release my clutch, there'll be this "loose metal part" sound from the engine side. if you get what im trying to say. hahah! i really dont know how to explain. but if there's anyone out there experiencing the same problem, can share whats the problem? :))

hello guys, my S4 is starting to have this problem. when i engage the first gear and slowly release the clutch, there'll be this "loose metal part" sound coming out from my engine, i think. cause i checked for any loose parts, but there arent any. so i assume the sound comes from the engine. anyone experiencing the same problem??

hi all is there any shop in jb, ahgua lane that is good for super4? basic servicing, good knowledge of lightnings n voltage etc.

Selling overhauled, accessorized and done up SP with 2019 COE. Nice bright green carrera paintwork.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/323394-B-(REPOST)-S-gt-Overhauled-Fully-accessorized-Doneup-NSR-SP150-COE-2019-2.6K-B?p=7103772#post7103772

hello guys, my S4 is starting to have this problem. when i engage the first gear and slowly release the clutch, there'll be this "loose metal part" sound coming out from my engine, i think. cause i checked for any loose parts, but there arent any. so i assume the sound comes from the engine. anyone experiencing the same problem??

If you havent done top servicing( change timing chain, tensioner, gasket etc) its about time. IF your bike moves smoothly after that ah. If while riding very unstable, best is to get it checked first.

Yamaha 125Z-Oct 2006 to OCT 2010

HONDA CB400 SPEC 1 - OCT 2010..

If you havent done top servicing( change timing chain, tensioner, gasket etc) its about time. IF your bike moves smoothly after that ah. If while riding very unstable, best is to get it checked first.

i see. didnt wanna worsen the situation of the bike though. i'll definitely get it checked asap! thanks buddy!

hi all is there any shop in jb, ahgua lane that is good for super4? basic servicing, good knowledge of lightnings n voltage etc.

not advertisement of something....but XIFU is ur choice to go...X performance:) in ah gua lane opposite side:) biggest and brightest shop

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

any of u guys went inspection on ur own with ur vers s modded with spec3 tailboard + taillight,4xled signal lights,no hugger or rear fender n those snail shaped horns can pass inspection or not?

Don't Drink And Drive

Its Not Worth It

Smoke Weed And Fly

any of u guys went inspection on ur own with ur vers s modded with spec3 tailboard + taillight,4xled signal lights,no hugger or rear fender n those snail shaped horns can pass inspection or not?

I think it really depend on which inspection centre you go and your luck. The previous owner of my bike claimed he went for inspection with a leo vince muffler which is not certified for his bike and he just showed the guy the old cert from the previous owner of the end can for another bike and yet no problem.but they did make noise about his led trail signal light and want him to get it changed to stock before the next annual inspection. So you can't say whether you will definitely kena or pass easily. But I think changing all 4 signal light maybe a bit too much

guys..help me to pass around, im selling my Yellow Belly Pan at $30 condition 9/10, and Black Bagster TankBra at $50 condition 7.5/10. all are for for SpecIII, for Tankbra I lost 2clips at the side Tank bra, but still usable.

Interested may pm me or 81252470. thank u.

Vespa PX150

Honda SP 150

WR 200 Yamaha

Honda SP 150

Gilera Runner 200

Super 4 Version S 400

Super 4 Spec 3 400

FZ1-N 1000

oHakim

Hi guys, S4 newbie here. Need some help on various issues with my bike. Im currently riding Vtec2 and below are some of the issues i face.

1) My Digital Speedometer is not working as in the indicators are all visible but as my fuel is being consumed, it does not change the bars. The time is also wrong. Mech says need to use computer to repair. true? $$$

2) I recently change my spark plug to iridium powered denso spark plug as recommended by my mech for better performance. After some time when i throttle, i hear what sounds like a ignition sound, u know when u try to start an electric bike u get the electric sound. it sounds like that. Could it be the new spark plug or is it something else? or is it normal to hear that sound as im imagining too much.

Total damage since i got my 2nd hand bike from a so called famous dealer in serangoon rd.

1)Lost bike key>no spare key>new cdi = $570

2)Carb tuning&washing>seems one screw was broken inside>mech changed all 4x$10=$40>somehow=$200

I think overall, i have been makan big time since im a newbie. I hope the S4 family here can guide me into better managing my problems and pointing me to the correct source so that i dun waste money unnecessarily again.

Sorry for the long msg, didn't wanna open too many thread. Thanks guys.. Pls help...

Guys, i found a solution for (2). The problem was with the spark plug. The old mech put in 4x sparkplug meant for susuki sports bike. So what happen was the spark plg did not sit in properly cos it did not have the design meant for S4 bike. S4 sparkplug has a kind of shape at the bottom that will sit nicely when you fit it in. (i bet some do not know that), so pls be careful when you change your spark plug.

Oh by the way it has got nothing to do with the electric sound. That sound it common coming from the spocket. Like i mentioned, i think too much. But the problem did not end here. While the new mech insert the new spark plug and start the bike, it gave a funny sound. He then used a device and point at the exhaust and found out that 2 of it was giving a different temperature, 30+ degrees while the other 2 was showing 100+degrees. Upon tracing the bike, he found out that some of the carbon from the prvious sparkplug actually got stuck in the valve while he was removing it and it caused 2 of the coils to burn out. He changed to a 2nd hand coil and the bike started properly again.

Another $400 damage(had to open up my engine) but the shop absorb $200. All this because my stupid previous mech recommend a wrong spark plug. So PLS BEWARE. Lets all learn from each others mistakes.

one question... Anyone changes their handle bar to renthal??

Where u guys place ur iu unit??

My fren suggested under seat..

Question is can go thru erp gantry or carpark gantry?

Problems arise from advancement of technology - it causes unnecessary misunderstanding among us humans.

one question... Anyone changes their handle bar to renthal??

Where u guys place ur iu unit??

My fren suggested under seat..

Question is can go thru erp gantry or carpark gantry?

Under seat not a gd ideal .. U will gt fine when erp can't scan thru !!

请原谅我, 一切都是我的错, 都是我ä¸å¤Ÿæˆç†Ÿ

緣分和愛情是什麼

我最深爱的人伤我å´æ˜¯æœ€æ·±

I change battery b'coz when the igniter start, the meter self test one more time, therefore the bike shop ask to replace the battery.

I got same prob too. Did grounding but prob come few days later. Check wit another shop found out that my alarm connect to e ignit fuse there thus short circuit my wiring. That's what e mech says. Then remove e alarm change a fuse then ok liao

• 3 weeks later...