SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CB250 Nighthawk, Following  

17 members have voted

1. 1. CB250 Nighthawk, Following

• Coe sufficient
    • Modding potential
    • Parts availability
    • Plugs change frequency
    • Engine oil type and change frequency
    • Lifespan of original parts
    • Flexibility of cheaper parts use
    • Moifying potential
    • Able to use any grade of petrol fuel
    • Potential for 4 rounds of COE
    • Easy to pass inspection
    • Low road tax
    • Daily ride potential
    • Low fuel consumption
    • Ease of maintenance
    • Ease of riding

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi Fazli,

Thank you for your reply.

how about the heat from the engine? is it normal?

anything to check for?

the heat is normal..if u wear slippers on a hot day ull feel ur feet like burning...thats normal...when u stop..try check whether ur fan is on or not by putting ur hand just beside the radiator..ull feel air blowing from inside..if its not on then the heat is within acceptable temp..

when the fan is on..its still acceptable..but just make sure ur engine doesnt go overheat..check ur coolant reserve regularly...

when ur engine is about to overheat,the temp indicator on ur meter will light up,u will feel hot as hell on ur bike..lastly..smoke will come out from ur engine...bang..

i hope what i said is true,coz its my opinion based on my last ride..SP..haha

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

Guys, wen i try to maintain speed i feel like my sprocket area got jerking.. But wen pick up speed dun feel it.. Is my chain loose or my front sprocket spoilt? My chain is oiled properly as im using scottoiler and d oil is still sufficient. How to determine if the slack is sufficient??

Yeah man.. Me too.. I oiled my chain using EO quite frequently leh. Anyone?

When I feel sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story. Hehe :thumb:

hi Fazli,

Thank you for your reply.

how about the heat from the engine? is it normal?

anything to check for?

I remembered that when I first got my revo also got same problem... but after some time is either I grew numb to it or after first oil change the heat problem doesn't bother me too much... and I realized something nowsaday, when the tank is close to empty, the arch part near my balls are freaking hot! LOL... I need to sit away from the tank to prevent my balls from cooking...LOL... is it me only or you guys felt the same?

guys, hope you guys can help me out rectifying my s4 spec 1 problem.

yest night i rode from bn lay to pasir ris and then ltr to changi airport. when i was about to head back home, i turned on ignition and pressed the electric start but after the 2nd or 3rd time there was no more sound. my odometer and fuel gauge started blinking ( fuel gauge didnt go left to right which i know means going to no petrol).

then i had to push start the bike which it worked. i thought it was okayy so i continued the journey to cck. when i stop, the bike just died. had to push start again but this time the bike like no power even when i full throttle at gear 1 ( this happened a few times). it was moving less than 10km/h. so decided to stop cause i was afraid of hurting it further. tried push starting again, then it worked. once again died when i stopped at traffic light. -.-

now there's no sound when i press the electric start.

isit because of the starter carbon? battery? or anything else?

i had the totally same prob ~ last week , went to bike shop , mech said is rectifier and coil ~ i just changed it today ~ hopefully no more this kinda problem again but pocket 1 big hole >.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2v9bxvt.jpg

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

I remembered that when I first got my revo also got same problem... but after some time is either I grew numb to it or after first oil change the heat problem doesn't bother me too much... and I realized something nowsaday, when the tank is close to empty, the arch part near my balls are freaking hot! LOL... I need to sit away from the tank to prevent my balls from cooking...LOL... is it me only or you guys felt the same?

Me too. Wen ur sitting on the bike an refuelling.. U can feel ur crotch area cooling down as well.

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

i had the totally same prob ~ last week , went to bike shop , mech said is rectifier and coil ~ i just changed it today ~ hopefully no more this kinda problem again but pocket 1 big hole >.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2v9bxvt.jpg

how much u changed it for? my bike's still at unique. haha! waiting for govt's money in may to come in then can carry on with the repair.

how much u changed it for? my bike's still at unique. haha! waiting for govt's money in may to come in then can carry on with the repair.

i changed it with rectifier , mech say its better with change rectifier , so i just pain pain 1 time change >.

coil $250

rectifier $120

EO $66

gasket $20

in the Q&A thread there's another guy who change @ yishun soon hin @ $215~ he said his mech didnt change his EO just tilt the bike and change the coil. and he didnt mention about gasket ^^ll

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

i changed it with rectifier , mech say its better with change rectifier , so i just pain pain 1 time change >.

coil $250

rectifier $120

EO $66

gasket $20

in the Q&A thread there's another guy who change @ yishun soon hin @ $215~ he said his mech didnt change his EO just tilt the bike and change the coil. and he didnt mention about gasket ^^ll

Bro mind telling me which shop u changed your coil?

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

Bro mind telling me which shop u changed your coil?

amk int park 1 "AS cycle"

the mech quite cho lor ~ dont really recco to go there, sometimes will have bit of scratch here and there ~ but have been chainging EO with him for the pass 7yrs and its near my place so ^^ll

ta200 2003-2007

cb400 spec1 2007-now

guys..u can try go soon hin at yishun industrial park there..i changed my coil for $215 inclusive of labour...no need to change EO.

be mindful,they dont use original coil,they use OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) one..made in thailand HONDA

NSR SP Dec 07

RXZ Feb Mar 08

Spark May July 08

RXZ July-Nov 08-09

X1 Dec - June 10

XR4 June Aug 10

RXZ Aug - Jan 10 - 11

S4 Feb 11- Mar 12

125z Mar 12 - ??

coil $250

rectifier $120

EO $66

gasket $20

Gasket is a must just to safeguard the proper seal of the 2 metal surfaces...

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

hi,

im riding cb400s. wanna check with you all, the front got this vibrating sound when i hit rmp 4 or 5,is very iritating.any idea where this sound come from?

Might be your clutchplate wears .. Go check it out ..

07/2006 - Passed 2B, FBA5X4XP Kawasaki KIPS (7/06-8/08)

FBA2X6XS Suzuki Smash 110 (3/11-???)

07/2008 - Passed 2A, FZ4X0XU Honda CB400 VTEC 3 (8/08-???)

12/2010 - Passed 2,

RIDE SAFETY !!!!:thumb:

Check with you guys, I was quoted $400 for a aftermarket showa shock from a bike shop. Do you all think its expensive?

The new ones is $1k+..

07/2006 - Passed 2B, FBA5X4XP Kawasaki KIPS (7/06-8/08)

FBA2X6XS Suzuki Smash 110 (3/11-???)

07/2008 - Passed 2A, FZ4X0XU Honda CB400 VTEC 3 (8/08-???)

12/2010 - Passed 2,

RIDE SAFETY !!!!:thumb:

Now Every morning my right side engine very noisy. normally start bike, 2 mins warm up the sound gone liao. Now 10 mins warmup also no use, need to ride for awhile then the sound gone. must be the clutch housing rite ? anything that i can do to minimise the noise ?

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1336.snc4/162894_1623499182289_1080760351_31395316_5032535_n.jpg

Sorry if i ride too fast, Im ALWAYS LATE.

hey guys, i need help. riding a revo. lately my bike will need 3 cranks then can start. sometimes 1 crank is enough. and my metre swing 2 times. i want to know your feedback bfore i go to shop. is it battery? or coil? or sparkplugs? i dont think its spark plugs since its only 10 k and im using iridium. any advice will be much appreciated

hey guys, i need help. riding a revo. lately my bike will need 3 cranks then can start. sometimes 1 crank is enough. and my metre swing 2 times. i want to know your feedback bfore i go to shop. is it battery? or coil? or sparkplugs? i dont think its spark plugs since its only 10 k and im using iridium. any advice will be much appreciated

correct me if i am wrong, sweep twice should be low batt, need to change battery. if battery is new then your battery is not charging.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.